Enzo Ferrari Pininfarina One-off

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ginsu

Enzo Ferrari Pininfarina One-off

Talk about expensive. Order an Enzo, then have a custom body made exclusively by Pininfarina. Somehow they shaved 270kg!

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=3456-1.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=3456-2.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=3456-3.jpg
July 29th, 2006 - Recently, there has been a ton of commotion surrounding the discovery, by many fans, blogs and magazines, of a specially commisioned Ferrari that was rebodied and rebuilt by Pininfarina. The story has been unfolding on a specific Ferrarichat.com thread where James Glickenhaus revealed his dream his was coming true and a custom tailored Ferrari was being made for himself.

The project began in late 2005 when James purchased Ferrari's flagship Enzo supercar and immediately sent it to Pininfarina's design studio. Critical of the original styling, James requested that Pininfarina rebody his car drawing inspiration from Ferrari's 1960s prototypes of which he owns two magnificent examples. Pininfarina's team, led by Ken Okuyama, responded by saying that they wanted to stay away from retro design and move towards a more forward thinking supercar. No doubt, the two parties have come up with a clever balance.

To say that Pininfarnia simply rebodied the Ferrari this is a massive understatement. What James has revealed is that Pininfarina have spent considerable time in the wind tunnel and on the road to ensure the excellent dynamics of the Ferrari aren't lost. Over 200 custom parts were manufactured in the process including a custom interior with complicated hinges for the butterly doors. And, with a 374 lb (270 kg) weight reduction, the P4/5 is now one of the most fastest, stylish and usable cars of our time.

Another important aspect of the project is James' revival of the custom-built Ferrari. Back when Ferrari was an upcoming manufacturer, preferred clients would order a racing chassis and then have any number of design houses hand craft a custom body around it. This art all but disappeared with the widespread use of unit-body construction in the seventies that sent the cost of making these unique whips through the roof. However, the P4/5, and other, more secret Ferraris developed for the Sultan of Brunei have broke barriers and piqued our interest in the modern supercar.

For anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of the Ferrari P4/5 in person, it will make a debut at the Pebble Beach Concours in a few weeks and also be revealed to the international press at the Paris Motor Show at the end of September.
I love to love Senna.

RH1300S

I don't often say this about Ferrari - I like it........ 8)

dumrick

WOW!!!! :shock:

A good looking Ferrari, that's one thing I hadn't seen for years!!! Although it really looks very much like the P4...

Is that a Mitsubishi Colt cabrio behind it in the last photo? It looks sweet.

m3_lover

There is a huge article in the newest issue of car and driver about this one off
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tp
Tp

Really good looking car but not too sure about those exhausts - spoils the rear

Tom

The exhaust did look a bit of a poor attempt at an F1 device from a few years back, but I suppose the rest of the car is so fantastic (as stated before, something ferrari have lacked since the F40) that it doesn't matter. Perhaps Maranello will take the hint?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

saam

What the?? sure its a nice car, but i have seen better ones out there in the past and present....... Me thinks some people may need their eyes checked 8)
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tp
Tp

Tom wrote:The exhaust did look a bit of a poor attempt at an F1 device from a few years back, but I suppose the rest of the car is so fantastic (as stated before, something ferrari have lacked since the F40) that it doesn't matter. Perhaps Maranello will take the hint?
All modern Ferrari's are styled in Pininfarina's design studio. I think they were less restricted when designing this one off. Whereas a production car the design has to cater for more people.

pyry

i like it a lot, the sideline is very resemblant of a crossbreed of gallardo and murcielago.
four rings to rule them all

Tp
Tp

More about the P 4/5

Test Drive - Video

Wonder if it's any faster than the Enzo...

DaveKillens

I like it, very impressive. But like dumrick, I see a lot of the P4 in it.
Sweeeeeeeet.