Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach

Re: Ferrari F138

Forza wrote:Jerez day 1
There is a big gap between the top of the coanda slot/opening and where the exhaust actually sits, i think that might change in the Australian GP version of the car.

Other than that i think Ferrari has done a great job on the rear and cooling in this car, can't believe they run it so "closed" after last year.

.poz

Crabbia wrote:Does anyone know what purpose or function the RW endplate slats serve?
I think they help to diverge the air flux out of the RW creating a little more low pressure in a zone in which low pressure is critical to extract more air from the diffuser

medeni73

Many sensors around exhaust/sidepod area...testing durability and heat production in that area in a wake of probable new exhaust/sidepods thats coming???

idiot

There is a big gap between the top of the coanda slot/opening and where the exhaust actually sits, i think that might change in the Australian GP version of the car.

Other than that i think Ferrari has done a great job on the rear and cooling in this car, can't believe they run it so "closed" after last year.[/quote]
Maybe they ll host RB like ramp with the difference that Ferrari s tunel will be be huge comparing RB ones jundging from the space that ferrari has saved there..

f1316

idiot wrote:Maybe they ll host RB like ramp with the difference that Ferrari s tunel will be be huge comparing RB ones jundging from the space that ferrari has saved there..
Possibly the type of ramp illustrated by Marca? It would fit.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

amouzouris

The amount of space available at the back of that Ferrari is staggering... If you enlarge the 1st photo stefan posted you can see the amount of space underneath the gearbox! there are a couple of attachment points keeping the floor on attached to the rest of the car... The first attachment points, 2 on each side, must be the lowest pressure point of the floor, there is also another attachment point further backwards, about next to the vertical flow conditioners

edit: @stefan, thanks for the photos mate!

JMN
JMN

I'm puzzled, why would they opt for an exhaust channel with a flat buttom and exit over a circular one?

PABLOEING

In this photo ( digital work)....you can see better the AMAZING REAR of the F138.......incredible work in this car.

radosav

I don't think that Ferrari will adopt Red Bull exhaust ramp/channel because they don't have to. They have huge clean rear end, why to spoil free space. They minimized rear end area and that is why they have that extra air intake at the top of the car, they probably use it for cooling ,not DDRS!

nikola0406

Thank you so much for incredible photos. =D>

Sambo

Great photo Pab!! :)

f1rules

this ferrari is really really nice, the backend is :shock:

Dream Theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECmyrFjsyXY

In the middle of this video, you can see the F138 going through the chicane.

donskar

That photo of the rear of the F138 is incredible! PABLOEING, is that really unretouched???

IF they do not need to make modifications for cooling or other purposes they are off to a great start! And Byrne calls this "child's play"?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill