Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Re: RedBull Racing F1 Team 2013

On the subject of paint, I thought the color they used at Silverstone last year was the best, at least on television.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cam

The sentiment of the last lines of that video can be used across everything Red Bull Racing do really.

Newey: Can we use flexy wings?
FIA: Flexy wings will not be required thank you.
Newey: I'll take that as a yes then....
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cocles

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2013

A couple years ago, Renault F1 stated that they now consider Red Bull to be their "works" team. I've recently run into several Lotus fans who claim their team is still Renault's works operation. I've been able to find articles quoting Horner and Jonathon Noble referring to Red Bull as the Renault works operation, but not an article directly quoting Renault F1 (although I remember reading one on Autosport.com a couple years ago). Could anyone help with this search?

Suffice it to say, I'm dealing with some knuckleheads who refuse to believe anything they read unless it's a quote directly from Viry.

Neno
Neno

Cocles wrote:A couple years ago, Renault F1 stated that they now consider Red Bull to be their "works" team. I've recently run into several Lotus fans who claim their team is still Renault's works operation. I've been able to find articles quoting Horner and Jonathon Noble referring to Red Bull as the Renault works operation, but not an article directly quoting Renault F1 (although I remember reading one on Autosport.com a couple years ago). Could anyone help with this search?

Suffice it to say, I'm dealing with some knuckleheads who refuse to believe anything they read unless it's a quote directly from Viry.
How could i say to you, Enstone was over a decade Renault operation factory, in championship years they had own team, many peoples from Renault F1 Team, still work in Enstone in Lotus F1 Team, so you can't say Red Bull is their first and operation team.
Red Bull with 3 consecutive championship titles and Infinitie brand became more closer then ever as representation of Renault in F1, sure because they are winners Renault connected with them in any possible way, but you cant say because of that people from Enstone factory and Lotus F1 team were neglected.
Renault as engine factory consider Red Bull their first team because of recent results, if Lotus would bring such results Renault would consider them as first team, or Williams.

Cam

Renault F1 state:
Red Bull Racing: the 2012 world champions have been powered by Renault engines for the sixth season running (and for a further 4 years). During the Renault Sport F1 and Red Bull Racing Technology partnership extension, the two will work jointly to produce an engine that can be easily integrated into the new chassis. Sebastian Vettel (world title holder) and Mark Webber delivered again this season thanks to the RB8.
It also states that it simply supplies engines and tech.
Lotus F1 Team: Renault is supplying engines and technological support to the team that previously competed under the name Renault F1 Team and Lotus Renault GP in 2011
Source: http://www.renault.com/en/passionsport/ ... la-f1.aspx

Renault's managing director Jean-Francois Caubet added that the deal, to utilise Red Bull's "input, resources and vast in-house F1 car expertise", will also benefit Renault's "other team partners" like Lotus-Renault, Team Lotus and Williams.
"The partnership with Renault/Nissan alliance is an important one for the team," he told the Red Bull website.

"It guarantees stability, it makes us the premier, factory team of Renault Sport, so our colleagues where the engines are produced will be working hand in hand with the engineers and designers at Red Bull."
Source: http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... tid=135563

I doubt there is little ambiguity to be had here. Lotus is a customer, Red Bull are a partner.
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Cocles

Awesome. Thank you, Cam.

beelsebob
beelsebob

So, it appears that RedBull's KERS/ECU "failure" was less of a failure, and more of a cock up. McLaren analysed the ECU, and found nothing at all wrong with it, except that KERS was turned off. It appears someone in the garage turned off KERS on Webber's car.

Juzh

beelsebob wrote:So, it appears that RedBull's KERS/ECU "failure" was less of a failure, and more of a cock up. McLaren analysed the ECU, and found nothing at all wrong with it, except that KERS was turned off. It appears someone in the garage turned off KERS on Webber's car.
Doesnt seem like it:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 14374.html

stefan_
stefan_

Juzh wrote:
beelsebob wrote:So, it appears that RedBull's KERS/ECU "failure" was less of a failure, and more of a cock up. McLaren analysed the ECU, and found nothing at all wrong with it, except that KERS was turned off. It appears someone in the garage turned off KERS on Webber's car.
Doesnt seem like it:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 14374.html
That is called common sense, a thing very rare nowdays. It's better for McLaren to apologise although it appears that it wasn't their fault so this discussion won't build up and become a public "argue" about who messed up, each one throwing the blame on the other side.

I am sure that, if it really is RB's fault and they messed up Webber, they already know it and McLaren knows it. If it is McLaren's fault, they recognized it and I am sure they will work very hard so that wouldn't happen again.

Cam

One could argue that supplying a solution that allowed a critical component to be turned off, at a critical moment, without making it obvious or allowing a failsafe, could be an error worthy of apology.
― Socrates

beelsebob
beelsebob

Cam wrote:One could argue that supplying a solution that allowed a critical component to be turned off, at a critical moment, without making it obvious or allowing a failsafe, could be an error worthy of apology.
I'm reasonably confident that McLaren don't supply the garage side software though – only middleware to allow the teams to write their own software to control the unit.

Cam

Here's the thing, RedBull never say anything. They're so cagey with any statement and they rarely outright accuse and name names. For an organization to be that confident it was a supplier issue, knowing full well the blow back if they were wrong, it's a safe bet RedBull had no prime direct impact in that failure. The fact McLaren apologised publicly supports this.

With RedBull rarely speaking out, I can't help but feel this might have been the proverbial 'straw'. Horner is the type of guy to have a quiet chat off the record to express his dismay with something - so for him to come out like that on record says more than just one failure. I would bet there's more to this.
― Socrates

raymondu999

Autosport is reporting the following:
Sauber head of vehicle dynamics Pierre Wache is set to join Red Bull. Wache is still officially a Sauber employee, but a spokesperson confirmed to AUTOSPORT that he “will leave the company in the near future”. Former Red Bull man Ben Waterhouse, who moved to Sauber three years ago, has held Wache’s old Sauber role since January 1.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法