Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MercAMGF1Fans

Re: Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

Two more renders by me

Thunder

If only the Nose would look like that. Thats a really beautiful solution (and i probably exactly what the FIA wanted), but i don't think that is what we're gonna see.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

MercAMGF1Fans

Thunders wrote:If only the Nose would look like that. Thats a really beautiful solution (and i probably exactly what the FIA wanted), but i don't think that is what we're gonna see.
Cheers mate.. a lot of trial and error and a good artist eye went into that..

Anon123

I'd like to see a nose like that, did you make the W04 yourself or download it from Turbosquid or something?

MercAMGF1Fans

Anon123 wrote:I'd like to see a nose like that, did you make the W04 yourself or download it from Turbosquid or something?
paid for the W04..from CGTrader

Ferraripilot

Regarding the future of the 'gurney' tabs above the diffuser: Is there any rule that would disallow a rather large and extended 'tab' that would be more of a wing than anything else? MB seemed to retain just a 'tab' configuration whilst we saw RB and Ferrari have a double stacked and detached 'tab', if you could call it that. I'm wondering if a further accentuated and almost wing-like version would be legal in that area as teams scratch around for more rear downforce this season.

beelsebob

Ferraripilot wrote:Regarding the future of the 'gurney' tabs above the diffuser: Is there any rule that would disallow a rather large and extended 'tab' that would be more of a wing than anything else? MB seemed to retain just a 'tab' configuration whilst we saw RB and Ferrari have a double stacked and detached 'tab', if you could call it that. I'm wondering if a further accentuated and almost wing-like version would be legal in that area as teams scratch around for more rear downforce this season.
There are explicit size limits on gurneys in the rules.

WillerZ

Ferraripilot wrote:Regarding the future of the 'gurney' tabs above the diffuser: Is there any rule that would disallow a rather large and extended 'tab' that would be more of a wing than anything else? MB seemed to retain just a 'tab' configuration whilst we saw RB and Ferrari have a double stacked and detached 'tab', if you could call it that. I'm wondering if a further accentuated and almost wing-like version would be legal in that area as teams scratch around for more rear downforce this season.
What has been removed from the rules was an explicit permission for a gurney tab above the diffuser. You could probably still do something if you wanted to: the maximum height above the reference plane of anything visible from under the car (diffuser height) is 125mm and the bottom of the exclusion zone starts at 150mm above the reference plane. So if your gurney (or equivalent) is invisible from below the car and it's top is less than 150mm above the reference plane you can (as far as I can tell) keep it.

Mika1

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:Two more renders by me
http://i.imgur.com/f00vx03.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tpZWqmI.jpg
MIG Bank changed their name to Swissquote.
The boss follows me on twitter.

MacX

sam bird
I believe that the powertrain is going to be good, as I only hear positive things about it as well as driving it on the simulator. The driveability is good and it look forward to seeing it out on track. Can’t really say anything else.
http://richlandf1.com/?p=17978

Anon123

MacX wrote:sam bird
I believe that the powertrain is going to be good, as I only hear positive things about it as well as driving it on the simulator. The driveability is good and it look forward to seeing it out on track. Can’t really say anything else.
Very exciting. :)

MercAMGF1Fans

MacX wrote:sam bird
Let's hope the TYRES are good!

MacX

Not good for mercedes.
rumors about Bosch injector.
Magneti Marelli would have already come to inject the fuel at 500 bar pressure, while Bosch is working to get to this limit.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/33781/ ... e-mercedes

PlatinumZealot

Fear mongering from the Ferrari rumor mill. Pretty much rubbish.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dans79

n smikle wrote:Fear mongering from the Ferrari rumor mill. Pretty much rubbish.
I'm not even sure if they are quoting the rule correctly. Aren't injectors a prat that a can be switched out? In other words the suppliers have to be approved by the fia by the 28th, but teams could use any approved supplier they wanted, as long as they abide by the reliability rules (at-least for 2014, as the engines get locked down more and more each subsequent year).
197 104 103 7