Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1rules

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

veto it ferrari, merc and mclaren !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more mister nice guy. And if ferrari tries the same, merc and mac veto it!!!!

NathanOlder

This cant be true? Surely ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Trocola

DAMNINice wrote:BREAKING NEWS from AMuS about Renault engines..

short version translated:

The deadline for engine suppliers when they have to give the engine to the FIA for Homologation is tonight.

Renault told at the weekend that they have sorted out the biggest problems. But now they have a new topic on the agenda where they wnat to have a delayed deadline by TWO or THREE months!!!

Seems like they are in big trouble.

There are rumors that Jean Todt and Renault president Carlos Ghosn met already to discuss this topic.
BUT. only one Veto by another team in the strategy group (Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Williams) will stop the delay.

So this will be very interesting.

source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 63169.html
TJ13 talked about that in Jerez. Renault had big problems and would need several months to sort it out. Looks like they were right

jagunx51

Trocola wrote:
DAMNINice wrote:BREAKING NEWS from AMuS about Renault engines..

short version translated:

The deadline for engine suppliers when they have to give the engine to the FIA for Homologation is tonight.

Renault told at the weekend that they have sorted out the biggest problems. But now they have a new topic on the agenda where they wnat to have a delayed deadline by TWO or THREE months!!!

Seems like they are in big trouble.

There are rumors that Jean Todt and Renault president Carlos Ghosn met already to discuss this topic.
BUT. only one Veto by another team in the strategy group (Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Williams) will stop the delay.

So this will be very interesting.

source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 63169.html
TJ13 talked about that in Jerez. Renault had big problems and would need several months to sort it out. Looks like they were right
sad :(
............!!!!

Mandrake

Can someone explain me in short the benefit of the S-Duct for RB's current nose? I believe to remember that it helped keeping the flow attached when we had stepped noses. But since this year the nose has such a nice curvature, will the flow still be better attached with the S-Duct? To my massively untrained eye it looks rather interfering.

basti313

Diesel wrote:I call bullsh*t on that rake. There's no way they could possibly run the car like that, I could probably fit my head under there!

They must have raised the ride height for testing or something. Possibly because of the weight of the testing equipment, they didn't want the car to bottom out.
All this rake discussion is nonsense. Also for McL, Merc or Fer, you never know the ride height which changes of course during testing...
We will see it when they adjust the ride height to a special track.
Don`t russel the hamster!

siskue2005

it will reduce the boundary layer created by the long nose, so it must have some benefit. As even with normal curvature there can be boundary layers forming

jagunx51

dream... dream... dream ....

............!!!!

aleks_ader

10:48
The attempt to solve the problems in the global Red Bull has led to the adoption of unusual solutions

source Greek side; http://www.msfree.gr/ms.php?id=31579

EDIT 1: addet "spy pictures from AMUS"

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Leon

jagunx51 wrote:dream... dream... dream ....
http://imageshack.com/a/img837/4179/05wc.jpg
but it's unknown will it be better?
"Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon-gazing-behold."

Matsuo Basho

danielk

The rake on the RB appears massive!

Postmoe

This pic is just crazy. For me, it implies that they can't deal with some type of overheating with the conventional inlets, and that probably the part they try to cool is deep into de sidepods.

Because, what would force you to something so disruptive and crude as this? Normally RB is the quickest in terms of development for inlet and aotlets.

djos

That isn't for cooling, that is to vent fluid or gases when something goes wrong (eg battery failures) .... All IMO of course.
"In downforce we trust"

danielk

I imagine Red Bull have a design philosophy that they based their car on, they are trying to increase cooling without disrupting that. I imagine what they need is to loosen that back end up, but if they do then all their work to date will be down the drain, For them to not just bolt on more cooling implies that the aero affect will be massive for them. I expect they are walking a tightrope and if they make even slight expanses with the cooling then they loose massive amounts of aero and the direction they have gone in so far will prove to be pointless, forcing them to change the whole philosophy of the car. Right now i think that they believe/hope they can get around it with just minor changes. Only time will tell.

Postmoe

djos wrote:That isn't for cooling, that is to vent fluid or gases when something goes wrong (eg battery failures) .... All IMO of course.

Then... ¿Are they putting one inlet and one outlet to help those fluid exit if the failureoccurs on the track?