IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Sombrero

Re: IndyCar Series

erlik

I like this video of Simon Pagenaud's visor cam. I would like to see something similar from F1 car :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJ5nHSwZrc[/youtube]

Huntresa

erlik wrote:I like this video of Simon Pagenaud's visor cam. I would like to see something similar from F1 car :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJ5nHSwZrc
We had that in F1 several times last year.

erlik

You are right, but it was probably few times. Anyway I would like to see it more often :)

strad

Thought LongBeach was pretty good.
Some good racing...some bad racing and some real stupid moves, but overall a good and interesting race.
F1 may have to be looking over it's shoulder.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

countersteer

IndyCar In Car Theatre: Toyota Gran Prix of Long Beach
18 minutes of in car camera highlights! Nice !!!

FW17

Wonder if there is any point to modifying the sidepod without being allowed to alter the internal ducting and radiator.

Would be nice to see an aero kit with the sidepod separated from the rear wheel pontoon

ChrisF1

Is it just me that is massively disappointed that Will Power has won the title considering his driving standards this year?

There were multiple incidents in the opening races that went unpunished, and his barging people off track continued throughout the season - the guy has no class, and had it been Dario doing that to him he would have been having tantrums.

Pierce89

[quote="ChrisF1"]Is it just me that is massively disappointed that Will Power has won the title considering his driving standards this year?

There were multiple incidents in the opening races that went unpunished, and his barging people off track continued throughout the season - the guy has no class, and had it been Dario doing that to him he would have been having tantrums.[/quote]
You certainly sound like a hater. If anyone in this world deserves this championship, its Will Power.

Congratulations Will, after three terrible heartrbraeking title losses, you got it!!!

As an aside, every incident Will has gotten into has been accidental, so its kinda strange to call it "barging people off track"
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

strad

ChrisF1 wrote:Is it just me that is massively disappointed that Will Power has won the title considering his driving standards this year?

There were multiple incidents in the opening races that went unpunished, and his barging people off track continued throughout the season - the guy has no class, and had it been Dario doing that to him he would have been having tantrums.
Not at all..I'm thrilled for him Image
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Minusprevious

Happy to see Will Power win. Great driver & a down to earth attitude IMO

Fontana race was a good run (my home track)
E85 Powered 400 WHP Mitsubishi EVO Track Day Car

Pro Jesus / John 9:25 Though I was blind, Now I See

BoomBoom

2015 Pratt&Miller Chimp Car

wesley123

is this the first of those promised different bodywork that manufacturers could make?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FW17

BoomBoom wrote: Image
Not bad

Just add a central section to the front wing

and a opening before the rear wheel to feed the top of the diffuser which would result in a neat under cut side pod.

they can also try cannon exhausts from the twin turbos

Lelo27

Hi guys, i've just registered at this website. I was searching some opinions between the Dallara IS03 and the actual DW12, and i found your discussion.
I learnt many things thank to you.
Before of all, sorry for my English, i'm italian, so i try to do my best. :D
Personally i loved and i still prefer the 2003-2011 cars, first of all for the estetic. Actual cars are fat and don't seem open wheel cars.
Then, races aren't much exciting now. Since 2013 they were, also with the new cars, but now there isn't much action, especially on street circuits (which now are too many, and me i even prefer them... But i would like an equilibre) and there aren't cautions too.
But i have to admit that now cars are safer, the rollabar is better. So, if this already makes them safer, why did they add all those estetic protections?
This is my opinion guys. I tank you another time because i learnt many things, such as that since 2007 there were Indycar and Champ car, while i always thought there was only Indy. I noticed only now that those cars have been used in Superleague formula then, and the first thing that i think when i see them is: "crash and debris" xD I didn't know they were so unsafe too.

Inviato in Controsterzo utilizzando Tapatalk