2015 tyre blanket ban connected to low profile tyre

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
FW17

Re: 2015 tyre blanket ban connected to low profile tyre

Whoever says that other series manage to run without tyre warmers have absolutely no clue of what really happens

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGggCv9fMUE[/youtube]

Artur Craft

Let me change the focus of the discussion a bit and ask something else

Does anybody knows if(and why) a lower profile tyre generates more horizontal forces(lateral and horizontal) than a higher profile one?

I heard the lower profiles ones are most "sporty" and generates more force

Jersey Tom

Artur Craft wrote:I heard the lower profiles ones are most "sporty" and generates more force
There's a difference between being "sportier" and actually generating more force. Fundamentally would I expect a lower profile tire to generate higher peak forces with all other things being equal? No, not necessarily. Might it be faster? Yes, it might.
WilliamsF1 wrote:Whoever says that other series manage to run without tyre warmers have absolutely no clue of what really happens
I'd say that's pretty clearly dumb and impatient driving, nothing to do with cold tires. The offending driver even admitted as much right after - saw what looked like an opportunity and took it, when he shouldn't have.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.