How soon will Merc wrap up both championships?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
CHT
CHT

How soon will Merc wrap up both championships?

4 races down, 15 races to go. Its now looking more unlikely for any team to stop Merc from wrapping up both championships this year. If everything goes as planned for Merc, this is when they could trap up both championship.

For construction, its going to be a boring season as Merc could possible wrap up the WCC in Italy or Singapore, or even earlier.

For WDC, I think its going to be one exciting season as its possible that the WDC could be decided at Abu Dhabi, IF Hamilton does win all the remaining races or suffer a DNF.

QinetiQ

Re: How soon will Merc wrap up both championships?

You know honestly, the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we see only Merc race wins this season. I've never seen such domination in the opening stages since 2004 and we all know how that season went about (for those who can't recall, for one whole season out of 18 races, only 3 were won by teams other than Ferrari). And considering Merc can easily do 30 seconds to the next best team right now, this scenario becomes more and more plausible. Hell, Lewis was cruising for more than half of the race distance yesterday. According to the graphics shown, he only used about 75% of his fuel load. Compare that to the 90% of Alonso and the Red Bulls it kinda paints the picture itself...

simieski

Shouldn't the last race be double points?
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

CHT
CHT

simieski wrote:Shouldn't the last race be double points?
my bad on that. will amend it.

Powershift

Who cares? the better question is Will they do what the Mp4/4 should have and that is WIN every race(and no abu dhabi does not count as a double win)
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Waywardism

On pure performance Merc should win every race, noone's going to close that gap this year.

I wouldn't take it for granted though, lots of things can happen on a race weekend.

EDIT: to answer the question, I think they'll have the WCC wrapped up after Singapore. WDC I think it'll be around the Russian/USA GP that only Ham or Ros can win it, when it'll be decided between them I have no idea.

Lycoming

Powershift wrote:Will they do what the Mp4/4 should have and that is WIN every race
They didn't win every race that season. Ferrari won Monza, to the delight of the Tifosi.

beelsebob

Unfortunately for the Tifosi, I'd rank Monza as the single most likely race for Merc to win this year.

gray41

Not sure how the crowd would react to Lewis winning at Monza. :?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

turbof1

Lycoming wrote:
Powershift wrote:Will they do what the Mp4/4 should have and that is WIN every race
They didn't win every race that season. Ferrari won Monza, to the delight of the Tifosi.
Well, only because Prost had a misfiring engine and Senna's car being T-boned by a lapped car.

It's hard to predict the future, but Mercedes should be in place to win everything, performance-wise. Mechanical breakdowns or errors by other drivers never are in one his hand.
#AeroFrodo

QinetiQ

gray41 wrote:Not sure how the crowd would react to Lewis winning at Monza. :?
Surely not as bad as they did last year for Vettel

Powershift

by booing him and more racist monkey chants, just like in 2012, i would never expect a zebra to change its stripes
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 48#p373948
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

CHT
CHT

Waywardism wrote:On pure performance Merc should win every race, noone's going to close that gap this year.

I wouldn't take it for granted though, lots of things can happen on a race weekend.

EDIT: to answer the question, I think they'll have the WCC wrapped up after Singapore. WDC I think it'll be around the Russian/USA GP that only Ham or Ros can win it, when it'll be decided between them I have no idea.
It could possibly be sooner if RBR, Ferrari and perhaps FI starts cannibalizing each other to 3rd and 4th place.

gray41

Powershift wrote:
by booing him and more racist monkey chants, just like in 2012, i would never expect a zebra to change its stripes
Yeah, it will only be a few idiots that would spoil it in that sense.

I was thinking along the lines of Ferrari fans vs Mercedes fans.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Gerhard Berger

Powershift wrote:
There were no monkey chants. This was made up by the poster over on autosport - the poster was subsequently banned, and monkey chants were not reported in any media outlets.

Yes the tifosi will boo all of Ferrari's main rivals. Same way some fans at Silvestone have booed Vettel and Alonso in the past (even Tony Jardine was encouraging the booing of Alonso in 2008), or cheered when Schumacher broke his legs.