Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xpensive

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

Everybody wants a Mercedes PU for next year, but of all candidates I find Caterham the least likely. :lol:

Nah, the will close the doors at the end of the season, at least that's what I suspect.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Cam

Then why keep the doors open at all? Using both my analytical and (very) imaginative brain - I can't see a reason for someone to buy in, only to shut it up. What's the theory behind that?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

xpensive

Cam wrote:Then why keep the doors open at all? Using both my analytical and (very) imaginative brain - I can't see a reason for someone to buy in, only to shut it up. What's the theory behind that?
Again, because MrE has obligations to the race organizers to present 22 cars, besides it looks bad to lose a team mid-season.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

FW17

"I prefer to have 200 safe jobs than 300 lost jobs," - Kolles
Caterham has 400 employees now, so Kolles wants to cut it by half :o

matt21

Caterham is managed now by Manfredi Ravetto and Michael Willmer.

Manfredi Ravetto was former manager for business affairs at HRT. But does anybody know Willmer?

Per
Per

I heard that a rather large number of people were sacked at Caterham today. I don't know if we're talking about 20 people or 50 though.

Hawkwind

I heard c 20, including some Senior Technical people.

scottracing

Triple figures from what ive heard :'( hopefully some will get work at the new williams facility? Or a trip over the pond to mr haas?

AlexJ

Cam wrote:Then why keep the doors open at all? Using both my analytical and (very) imaginative brain - I can't see a reason for someone to buy in, only to shut it up. What's the theory behind that?
Quite possibly the prize fund (even for 11th) is bigger than the cost of buying and running bare bones to the end of the season...

Alternatively Kolles might roll over everything from Caterham into Forza Rossa or vice versa if he is still involved in that project, since Caterham will have better prize fund status.

Diff-user

Per wrote:I heard that a rather large number of people were sacked at Caterham today. I don't know if we're talking about 20 people or 50 though.
BBC says 40.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28327774
money makes the cars go round
engines are there just for the sound
V10.......V8.......V6....... V none
And that's the story of Formula 1

Kiril Varbanov

Christijan Albers is now Team Principal, supported by Manfredi Ravetto, General Manager and Deputy Team Principal. Simon Shinkins has also joined the team as COO, as well as Miodrag Kotur who is now Team Manager. Michael Willmer is the team’s new Director of Legal Affairs and Gianluca Pisanello is promoted to Head of Trackside Engineering. Finally, John Iley is now the team’s Technical Director, leading the work being done to improve the 2014 car and the 2015 new car project.

The team has also confirmed that it has parted company with a number of employees (editor note: probably ~50). This is a necessary step taken by the new owners of Caterham F1 Team whose priority is the future of the team.

CHT
CHT

Where is mike gascoyne now?

Pierce89

Re: Caterham CT-05 Renault

JDC123 wrote:Why is it that caterham are using to different version of their front wing. The one which kobayashi uses with the huge cascade and the smaller one that Ericsson uses. I remember reading there was only one of the updated front wings available when it was brought to melbourne, but why are they still using the older version now. Could it be financially they don't want to produce more of them on there reduced budget, as I seem to remember with HRT towards the later part of 2012 they appeared to be using parts from all sorts of different seasons.
The management said they have money to push forward with updates, so I doubt either driver would be "stuck" with the interim testing FW unless they preferred it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

scottracing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28491380

Oh dear looks like the new bosses at Caterham may be in a bit of trouble?

WaikeCU

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

Is Caterham going to introduce a totally revised front wing + nose?