Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lazy

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

If I was looking to hire someone it would be Ricciardo, not sure if he could be pried from RB, but he would be cheaper, younger and a lot less hassle than Alonso and looking like he could be in his league.

akshat21

I think Ricciardo is in a long term contract with RB. He might also have an option on extension that RB can take up.

Looking at the way Red Bull hangs on to their personal, it might be difficult to get a Red Bull driver without a fight.

Thunder

I don't think Ric is available too, but if i was looking for a young and talented Driver the first one to Contact at the Moment would be Bottas. He does a Great Job at Williams.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Lazy

Im undecided about Bottas, he seems to be better than Massa only in avoiding incidents, not sure he has the pace of Ricciardo.

Thunder

I do think Ric is the better Driver too. I should have added the Word "available" somewhere in my Text.
#aerogollum

mclaren_mircea

What means this article? => http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/18227/9 ... s-critical

Eric Boullier: ""The next six months will be critical for everybody at McLaren, and we'll be working as hard as possible to keep on pushing."

What want Eric to say by that? I hope that if bad luck, operational errors hinders the car's performance progress I hope that that they won't start to the engineers, now that the car is gaining speed. :(

Pierce89

Biggest budget ever, Merc engine.... What is Mclaren doing? I see no reason to expect a good year next year. They won't have a PU miles better than anything else next year, either.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

JimClarkFan

Pierce89 wrote:Biggest budget ever, Merc engine.... What is Mclaren doing? I see no reason to expect a good year next year. They won't have a PU miles better than anything else next year, either.
This I'm afraid. The problems with Mclaren comes from the top.

I think some of us on this board could run Mclaren better, and by that I mean, make better decision in terms of allocation of resources, and reigning in the design philosophy to approach something more scientific and methodical in it's approach - as opposed to the jumping in feet first with radical unproven car designs.

gary123

akshat21 wrote:I think Ricciardo is in a long term contract with RB. He might also have an option on extension that RB can take up.

Looking at the way Red Bull hangs on to their personal, it might be difficult to get a Red Bull driver without a fight.
Ricciardo according to F1 famatic dosent have a contract with RB.
Link: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015-f1-seas ... ers-teams/

Thunder

I'm not sure but didn't Ric have some sort of Contract that allowed RedBull to dump him after the first 2 or 3 Races but with the Option to become a Full Blown Contract? I think RB gave him that Full Contract after Malaysia.

If he doesn't have a Contract, well you know who to Call Ron. :D
#aerogollum

Harsha

Redbull was trying to lock Vettel and Ricciardo until 2018 i read this some where dont remember exactly where so If Mclaren trying to replace some one then i believe their another YDP - Stoffel Vandoorne would be good choice interms of pace but if experience counts dont know who will be available precisely

akshat21

Nikki Lauda seems to think Alonso want to move from Ferrari to McLaren. But because he has a contract for next season, he can't..

It kinda makes sense also. Ferrari has promised a winning car next season. He can judge for himself. If the car is as competitive as they claim, he may stay. On the other hand, if its not, he can make a move to McLaren.

His denial of not approaching any other teams also looks half hearted. Ofcourse he is isn't going to approach McLaren or RB or Merc. It will be through his management team.

LINK

mclaren_mircea

According to Helmuth Marko, Mclaren made Vettel an "outrageously high offer."
Source: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... o/?v=2&s=1

JimClarkFan

ALO would have to be absolutely out his mind to go to Mclaren at this moment in time.

And Mclaren if they want a top driver should scope RIC, arguably been the driver of the season so far - but why would he go to Mclaren either.

Ferrari will sort their act out sooner than Mclaren will imo.

ollandos

if honda show crazy dyno data of the engine for next year :mrgreen: .......mayde mclaren line up for 2015 is alonso/vettel......
thats the key ...........and ....Ron target i think....... :twisted: :twisted: