Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: Formula E

Nice video, for the onboard cameras they should use graphs to see when they´re breaking or hitting the throttle

When I see this picture with no refrigerating holes at all there´s a word that comes to my mind, but I´m not sure what it is in english... sleek? slippery?

Ultra

Definitely odd without engine noise but sweet nonetheless.
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Andres125sx

Andres125sx

Visit to ABT with Daniel Abt

FW17

Vettel slams Formula E

"I think it's cheese."
"I'm not a fan of it, and as a viewer I would not be interested"
"Now I need to stop,"

autogyro

WilliamsF1 wrote:Vettel slams Formula E

"I think it's cheese."
"I'm not a fan of it, and as a viewer I would not be interested"
"Now I need to stop,"
So he is retiring then?
Well I suppose his performance this year supports such a decision.

void

Just a few questions? Why Formula E cars have high noses and F-1 doesn't? And why huge sidepods?

FW17

void wrote:Just a few questions? Why Formula E cars have high noses and F-1 doesn't? And why huge sidepods?
who do you think made the chassis? :D

(someone with no relevant experience, copied the then f1 car look)

Andres125sx

WilliamsF1 wrote:
void wrote:Just a few questions? Why Formula E cars have high noses and F-1 doesn't? And why huge sidepods?
who do you think made the chassis? :D

(someone with no relevant experience, copied the then f1 car look)

You´re kidding, aren´t you?

Chasis are from Dallara

Andres125sx

Just speculating, but they have to comply with same crash test as F1, that could be a reason for the sidepods, plus they want to cover the wheels as much as possible... :?:

CHT
CHT

Formula e just completed their first simulation run. Cars looks really pretty with big variation between teams. F1 better watch out.

thedutchguy

CHT wrote:F1 better watch out.
Hahaha! Good joke.

CHT
CHT

thedutchguy wrote:
CHT wrote:F1 better watch out.
Hahaha! Good joke.
Formula e has now got all the ingredient to succeed actually. F1 drivers women drivers nicer looking car, less restriction, green image. It's a matter if time that it will get big manufacturer like BMW Toyota etc attention since Audi sport abt is in it.

I won't be surprise redbull will join them next season.

wesley123

Having the ingredients for success does not automatically mean success. The championship hasn't even started yet and it's already claimed that the dominant force in autosport that is here for 70 years already should watch out. You don't just knock a superpower from it's throne in one day.

Let's see if it can even get past 5 years, because that is something new autosport categories seem to be having issues with.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

CHT
CHT

wesley123 wrote:Having the ingredients for success does not automatically mean success. The championship hasn't even started yet and it's already claimed that the dominant force in autosport that is here for 70 years already should watch out. You don't just knock a superpower from it's throne in one day.

Let's see if it can even get past 5 years, because that is something new autosport categories seem to be having issues with.
Yes, it doesnt guarantee anything, but I can surely see the potential and threat of FE on F1 due to its relevance to the automobile industry trend, the marketing appeal those guys have put together. Woman drivers, low profile wheels, great aero design, technology etc.

After watching the video of the car zooming around it really does make F1 cars looks a little dated.