2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

strad wrote:Martin Brundle lays the blame on Massa as well. I think I'm in good company. :wink:
You are in a very bad company of pathological bias for and against drivers of a local salesman that looks comical in 90% of situations and affects even basic assessment of unquestionable physical reality: like leaving space that is not there when it comes to favourites like Hamilton. I can give literally dozens of examples that are not about interpretation but basics of what happened.

djos

basti313 wrote: There are drivers like Alonso, Rosberg, Button, Hulkenberg, Vettel or Webber and there are drivers like Grosjean, Maldonado, Hamilton, Perez and Massa. You just can not compare them.
It's highly unfair to lump Massa in with those clowns, I'm not even a fan of Massa (think he's a little overrated) as he has had years of clean solid drives for Sauber and Ferrari!!
"In downforce we trust"

basti313

djos wrote:
basti313 wrote: There are drivers like Alonso, Rosberg, Button, Hulkenberg, Vettel or Webber and there are drivers like Grosjean, Maldonado, Hamilton, Perez and Massa. You just can not compare them.
It's highly unfair to lump Massa in with those clowns, I'm not even a fan of Massa (think he's a little overrated) as he has had years of clean solid drives for Sauber and Ferrari!!
I think you have to differentiate if you talk about Massa pre or post 2009. Yes he had incredible clean races, but since 2009 he is fighting with himself. Especially the season when he and Hamilton were driving each other into the car when ever there was a possibility changed my mind on him. And not only the Hamilton crashes were avoidable crashes...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Just_a_fan

vin1658 wrote:@basti323

Don't let your hatred for hamilton consume your sense of judgement.
Haters gonna hate :(
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

Hamilton's coming together with Raikkonen was caused by the FI car cutting across the whole lot of them in the braking zone. Hamilton also held his hand up in apology to Button when he successfully passed him - an acknowledgment that he could have handled it better. Not many drivers hold their hands up and say mea culpa. Indeed Hamilton has always been fair on that point - he blames when it's reasonable to do so and he takes the blame when he knows he's wrong.

In this race, I believe Vettel caused Alonso to hit Raikkonen whilst he was trying to pass Alonso - so a very similar issue to the "touchy" driving of which you accuse Hamilton.

On previous occasions - Vettel on Webber in Turkey? Alonso/Vettel on each other at various times in Monza trying to run each other off the track? Rosberg on Alonso in Bahrain running him clear off the track? Webber on Hamilton in Singapore where he climbed over the kerbs and t-boned Hamilton who was clearly in front?

Going backa few years, Schumacher on both Hill (ending both drivers' race and "winning" his first title) and Villeneuve (trying to do the same thing again but ending in the gravel and losing his season's points) as well as the silliness at Monaco in qualifying. Schumacher also had his share of comings together with other drivers in his Mercedes years. Schumacher's clashes had precedent from the Senna / Prost days of course - remember them? They each won a title by hitting their rival. Indeed, in 1989 Senna was called a "dangerous driver" by the FIA following the 1989 Suzuka clash.

All of these were examples of what you dislike from Hamilton (apart from taking out rivals to win titles - he hasn't done that) being done by those you consider to be the better drivers. There are plenty of other examples too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bhall II

I'm only saying this because I care: there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing. :D

FoxHound

bhall II wrote:I'm only saying this because I care: there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing. :D

You Monster. Or are you some kind of Rockstar that likes to Burn down the Relentless Taurine Crimson Bovine?
No need Amp this any further.

Or is there?
Last edited by FoxHound on 22 Jul 2014, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

lebesset

pretty obvious that the majority of people believe that no safety car while a car was recovered from the centre of the track was ridiculous
but am I the only person that believes that if it had been hamilton in the lead rather than rosberg there would have been ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

strad

I am continually amazed at the fanboyism and purposeful blindness. BUT,You're free to have an opinion even if it's wrong. Image
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Mandrake

lebesset wrote:pretty obvious that the majority of people believe that no safety car while a car was recovered from the centre of the track was ridiculous
but am I the only person that believes that if it had been hamilton in the lead rather than rosberg there would have been ?
Actually I was happy it was not done with a safety car. At the Nordschleife there is no SC. Marshalls wave double yellows to clear things up. It took them ridiculously long to get into movement, but it was the right thing to do it without an SC.

If a driver crashed there under yellows, knowing there is a car and marshalls, he should be banned from the sport (unless it's a mechanical defect)

Radley

Sutil walking away from his car, like some kind of Diva, really bugged me. I'm sure the team noticed this too. He could have helped push back. Lots of drivers have taken pride in their cars (Brundel, Mansel, ect.)

strad

I would have to check but isn't there a rule against him exiting his car whilst it is on track?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

beelsebob

strad wrote:I would have to check but isn't there a rule against him exiting his car whilst it is on track?
No.

rifrafs2kees

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

It is squarely Massa's fault. Look at the 2 red bulls just behind him(replay on previous page) and you'll see how he was supposed to have done it. The first corner of the first lap is one where cars go into 2 abreast very often and massa should know that. Anyway, I don't see williams renewing his contract if they remain competitive.

BanMeToo

Mandrake wrote:(unless it's a mechanical defect)
And what then? Have a funeral for the dead marshals and call it a successful GP?