Mexico GP 2015 Confirmed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zonk

Re: Mexico GP 2015 Confirmed

wonder what castration tilke has in mind
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZr6jEjds2Q[/youtube]
Last edited by zonk on 24 Jul 2014, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

final corner and start/finish straight principle looks the same as hungaroring. I do not expect much from this track at all.

FW17

Juzh wrote:final corner and start/finish straight principle looks the same as hungaroring. I do not expect much from this track at all.

Only here the straight is 1.2 km long
zonk wrote:
wonder what castration tilke has in mind
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZr6jEjds2Q[/youtube]
Ok, so it is complete castration.

aleks_ader

Sadly the track has no elevation changes. The middle sector is not bad, but overall very "street" tight layout.

Its the shame that they need to castrate the last corner Peralta. But after my virtual walk around circuit there is pretty no "usable" space for huge run off areas to satisfy hight moderns safety standards.

This circuit has 1 passing zone. And this is at end of 1.2 km long start&finish strait. That will allow drivers with DRS really easy pases with no option for defending drivers in next corner. I belive that 500m flat section after 1&2 corners really doesn't offer chance for the defending driver to "mask" low tire grip to make nice exit for re-pass.

And it remembers me on the Cataluny circuit where is overtaking extremely difficult even with DRS. So pledge the organizers to make entry into turn 1&2 wide as posibble.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

SiLo

**EDIT** brain fart
Felipe Baby!

FW17

There used to be run-off for the peraltada, wonder how much more do they want?

SiLo

When I first saw the track layout I thought it was Monza with a few more corners.
Felipe Baby!

hollowBallistix

Racer X wrote:certain "jokes" are typically made only by certain kind of person......

your idiots.
But moving on.....

GitanesBlondes

To get an idea of what the Peraltada looks like now compared to the early 90s...

http://youtu.be/8rrvRetsx2g?t=2m36s

They took away too much space on the side of the track between then and now.

Compare that to 1992...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lelNF_lkkBs[/youtube]

The safety nannies ruin everything as usual.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

aleks_ader

WilliamsF1 wrote:There used to be run-off for the peraltada, wonder how much more do they want?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 5dae17.jpg
Are u serious? Look HUGE run off areas before entry into parabolica...

I measured in google maps, distance (D*) from max braking point towards nearest barriers:

Monza; Parabolica;
Corner diameter: approx 230m
D*: 146m

Mexico; Peralta:
Corner diameter: 300m
D*: near 125m (at slightly angle if i take same tangential measurement like above it s even less app 30m)

So reconstruction of Peralta corner needs at least 40% increase of current run off areas in 1st half of corner. And apporox 20% on the exit (moving grandstands backwards).

So is there space to satisfied that? Very hard. Especially the problem ocourded at the outside apex witch the closest the barriers.

Legend:

Red colour; measured distance D*
Blue hatched: max possible runoff areas

i belive this corner in the middle part is SUPER fast (faster than parabolica) and there it need much larger runoff area like Italian version. Remember Italian corner close quickly at the entry, witch demand little less runoff space in the middle part. Even if we put there the tarmac runoff area could be to dangerous close. Overall i believe is to little space to make comfortable runn off area on currend layout (blue hatchet area).

Unless if...

1st ...we removed the nearest local road, witch is very difficult and very unlikely (expensive, pointless etc.)
2nd... we make flat section all the way towards the street section. And then during weekend close the public road and put there mobile tire (+ armco) barriers like they do that in Singapure or Monaco.

Last proposal i believe it could became one of "unique" TM* (trademarked) features of this circuit and it could shake the FIA F1 calendar in the future. Everyone could talk about ridiculously fast corner where the drivers exceeds 4G and litterly eats the Pirellis.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Gaz.

While I'm sure the stadium section will make for an impressive atmosphere for the spectators, the cost of losing the Peraltada is too great. Could it really not be lined with SAFER barriers as they did in Indianapolis for the final turn? Is it really any worse than Curva Grande at Monza, Eu Rouge/Radillion or Tabac?
Forza Jules

Vettel Maggot

Sigh.. Finally a 'new' track with a potentially interesting/challenging corner and the decision is no, lets run it though a baseball stadium and make it a generic boring bit of track.

SiLo

I think that should be plenty of run off. The run offs nowadays are so people can screw things up a bit and not crash or get stuck in gravel. This would just be one of the corners where you can't screw it up as much.

Look at Monaco and a lot of the corners at Montreal, they have solid walls right next to the track and some of those are still very fast corners.
Felipe Baby!

iotar__

WilliamsF1 wrote:There used to be run-off for the peraltada, wonder how much more do they want?
Track limits kerbs =D>

Racer X

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 16144.html

Mexican duo hail Mexico City's F1® return

Sergio Perez and his Mexican countryman Esteban Gutierrez both expressed their delight at the news that Formula One racing is set to return to Mexico City after an absence of more than two decades.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ