Engine Usage

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Engine Usage

I Think in the next few races we will see teams doing what Merc did for Lewis, mix and match old components hoping to get an extra race or 2 out of them.
197 104 103 7

bonjon1979

Re: Engine Usage

Yeah I saw somewhere that because the track layout isn't so hard on engines they used some Friday parts[/quote]
Ah, I may have jumped the gun on increasing Lewis' tally then. It may come at Spa instead, when he needs a new engine.[/quote]
I think after Monza everyone will be at 5 ICE at least. Mercs can use a new one for every of these races, Bulls maybe for Spa as there is not much for them to win in Monza.
diffuser wrote:I wonder if we'll see people like Maldonado start to skip quali to save engine mileage? Let's face it, he faces a risk of a penalty for spa and/or Monza. He maybe into his 7th Engine by then and that's a 20 position grid penalty. I guess he'd run 1 lap in Q3 to make the 107% rule then exit?
Not running in Q will not change anything. I think he will use a new engine at Monza and take it as it is. If there is no chance of finishing the season with 6 engines, they will maybe also use a new engine in Spa as they will profit the most there.[/quote]
I thought they only had 5 engines for the year.