Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

beelsebob wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:
diffuser wrote:Here is the Power units pieces used by driver.

http://www.formula1blog.com/f1-news/f1- ... ed-so-far/

gonna make things very unpredictable for the remainder of the season.

I presume that with the fire, Hamilton's PU isn't a complete loss but it can't be good.
That's from June 5th

Here are the current ones
Those are from before the race, not after. Here's the current numbers.

Sorry, screwed up. I was looking at a couple of pages and posted the wrong url.

I read the official numbers are posted/published by the FIA the Thursday before a race but can't find where. Anyone find that url?

diffuser

Re: Ferrari F14T

Hovepeter wrote:i don't really know if i should ask this in this thread, but do you guys think that the 2015 Ferrari power unit layout would be an evolution of this car or will we see for an example a split turbocharger like Mercedes? does the regulations alow that? wouldn't it be like starting from scratch with an all new engine that needs to be set up again?

ps: what kind of horsepower advantages do you guys think this kind of split turbo gives? i mean does the air really get that much ''less'' heated by having the compressor on the other side?
If you go back in this forum to around May 25th and read forward you'll see alot of talk about the engine. You'll also see Ferrari already uses a split turbo but that it doesn't sit on top of the engine but behind it. The consensus or rumour is that the biggest issue with the Ferrari engine is that the turbo's turbine is under sized. The turbine must spin both the turbo's compressor and the mgu-h. Apparently it can't spin the mgu-h enough so they're not getting enough charge from it.

I presume that it will be an evolution.

The regulations would allow a complete redesign.

turbof1

The regulations next year allow almost every part having a possible change, but there's a point system in place that limits the total changes you can actually make between 2 seasons. So it'll still benefit Mercedes somewhat since they can basicilly use all their points for small reliability tweaks and mostly performance enhancements, while ferrari will have to balance this between catching up and enhancing performance.
#AeroFrodo

mclaren_mircea

turbof1 wrote:The regulations next year allow almost every part having a possible change, but there's a point system in place that limits the total changes you can actually make between 2 seasons. So it'll still benefit Mercedes somewhat since they can basicilly use all their points for small reliability tweaks and mostly performance enhancements, while ferrari will have to balance this between catching up and enhancing performance.
So it's more likely a Mercedes domination in the years that will come?

Hovepeter

thanks for the answers guys :)

turbof1

mclaren_mircea wrote:
turbof1 wrote:The regulations next year allow almost every part having a possible change, but there's a point system in place that limits the total changes you can actually make between 2 seasons. So it'll still benefit Mercedes somewhat since they can basicilly use all their points for small reliability tweaks and mostly performance enhancements, while ferrari will have to balance this between catching up and enhancing performance.
So it's more likely a Mercedes domination in the years that will come?
Ferrari will definitely close the gap a bit down, but the job is made more difficult. Ferrari will need to find the performance in the areas it trials behind Mercedes this year, which they completely should be able to, plus extra performance sind Mercedes will not need be standing still either.

To put it short, Ferrari will need to find more delta performance then mercedes. It needs to gain maximum performance out of the parts it will change.
#AeroFrodo

GitanesBlondes

Kingshark wrote:What a drive by Alonso today, what a beast.

In fact, I’d go as far as saying that Alonso is the 1st person to beat a Mercedes on merit alone this season.

Granted not Hamilton, as he had to start from the pits, but he beat Rosberg on merit. Nico didn’t have a mechanical failure, and unlike Ricciardo, Fernando did not benefit from a luckily timed SC.

He overtook Rosberg on track around the outside of turn 3, drove away from him in the damp half of the race, he also passed Vergne very early on, something which Nico in a superior car was not able to do. Then kept both Mercedes drivers behind in the dry portion of the race, where their superior package came into play.

Alonso, in a frigging F14T, beat a WO5 on merit. Nothing else needs to be said.

With that being said, Ferrari did look a lot better today than they've done for a long time.
That's what makes it so tough to watch Ferrari wander aimlessly year after year. They have in my opinion, the greatest driver currently in F1, and they have been unable to give him the equipment he needs to compete. Granted this year was going to be a loss due to the Mercedes engine being head and shoulders above the Ferrari unit, but the team may as well be called the Scuderia Alonso. He's the only thing that kept them afloat the past 4 seasons. I'd hate to see what their line would look like had he not been driving for them.

One can only hope they field a 2015 challenger that actually challenges. I'd prefer not to see them piss away another year of his career with a subpar car.

I still don't know what to make of the organizational changes and what kind of an impact any of them will actually have. Ferrari's problem always has been with having the right structure in place, so we'll see what happens there.

On a different note, Alonso's performance is why I love the Hungaroring. There's something to be said about tracks that don't have widths that could allow for 4 or 5 wide in most spots since it takes away all the freebie garbage overtakes that exist now.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

siskue2005

I am one of the person who really don't like Alonso and always used to criticize him (you can check my post history)....but my oh my am I impressed with his race
i have been schumy, kimi, vettel and Lewis fan all this time and I have to say he has been a gigantic pain in the ass for me in 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2010 2011 2012 2014 etc :lol:
I hate to admit this, but he is simply the most dynamic and complete driver on the grid :)

Kiril Varbanov

Some said that Fry was sacked. Maybe not: https://twitter.com/InsideFerrari/statu ... 1071007746 In the meantime, Ferrari acted as usual to the inquires about Marmorini's gardening leave: by ignoring the questions. Looks like other media outlets haven't been given an answer as well.

f1universe

With Ferrari you never know what's going on, but if he was fired, is silly to deny it because everyone will found out in Spa. Unless they say that Fry is not in Spa because he is sick or having a baby, lol

Juzh

Not sure if this was posted already, but ferrari PU is apparently ready for a significant power boost after the summer break:
http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09178

20 bhp if numbers are to be believed.

donskar

Juzh wrote:Not sure if this was posted already, but ferrari PU is apparently ready for a significant power boost after the summer break:
http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09178

20 bhp if numbers are to be believed.
Amazing that it took so long to figure this out. Sort of an indication that Ferrari has not embraced turbo technology to the same extent as M-B. Honda has a lot of turbo experience with Indy cars, so I'm expecting them to hit the ground running next year.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Kiril Varbanov

Finally official: Marmorini leaves Ferrari in reorganisation - http://www.f1technical.net/news/19550

max_speed

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Finally official: Marmorini leaves Ferrari in reorganisation - http://www.f1technical.net/news/19550
i would have preferred seeing Fry's name first. he is also responsible as he was part of chasis design team and has been producing string of inferior cars for past few years

wesley123

If you ask me, they shouldn't reorganize anything. Success is built on stability within the team, not by sacking everyone and starting over again because it didn't work in the first 6 months.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender