2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
iotar__

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

seahawk wrote:The only reason Hamilton could leave MErc, is if he wants to. The Team order in Hungary was a step in that direction.

And I mean - imagine a McLaren-Honda with a yellow helmet in it. =D> =D>
On the contrary disobeying team orders and dishonest "change" that meant Wolff's agreed with Hamilton doing that is a sign of preferential treatment. It's ridiculous that team bosses think their strategy call is right and when driver ignores it they immediately change their minds. It's either sign of weakness (they're not the ones running the team) or inability to run strategies that affects other driver. They chose strategy for Rosberg they thought they could but couldn't execute. Incompetence based on other driver's choices and wasted chance for better result. It should work in Hamilton's favour of staying based on your not mine logic.

Speaking of someone else's logic: people here seems to have a problem with understanding written word. Idea that Hamilton leaves after losing to Rosberg is not mine, same as reasons, like: "better treatment in terms of strategy" (also not mine - again :wink: ) The fact that pointing out basic implications of those move and reasons (running away after defeat) lead to childish downvoting is amusing. Downvote those making up those motives and moves - they are the ones offending their (which is funny) or your hero. I repeat leaving best car/engine would be stupid. If you don't like this part and think he should leave - downvote away.

Racer X

http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... berg[quote]

NEW DELHI: Mexican Formula 1 driver Sergio Perez says he will be happy to stay at Sahara Force India next year after an "up and down" first half of 2014, during which he managed to achieve the Silverstone squad's first podium in five years.

Retirements and a heavy last lap accident in Canada meant that Perez could score in six out of 10 rounds this season, while his German teammate Nico Hulkenberg is the only one alongside Ferrari's Fernando Alonso to have scored in every race so far.

Speaking ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix, the end of which marks the one-month mid-season break, Perez felt it was a mixed first-half for Force India.

"It has been an up and down first season for me with Force India. Getting a podium (third place) for the team in Bahrain was the highlight of course and the lows were not able to finish the race from points scoring position," Perez, who moved to Force India from McLaren, told PTI ahead of the race at Hungaroring on Sunday.

The drivers' line-up talks for next season have already begun in the paddock. Force India team principal Vijay Mallya said in Hungary yesterday that "I am very happy with both of them (Perez and Hulkenberg) and I see no reason why we should be looking at any change (for 2015)."

Asked about his future at Force India, Perez, who compliments his driving skills with substantial sponsorship from Mexico, said, "I see no reason why I should be looking at a change. The team is hungry for success and it is the same for me as well. I hope things will be clearer in the next couple of months." [/quote]
Last edited by Racer X on 29 Jul 2014, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

I think Perez Lives up to his billing. He Pretty much matches and even betters Hulkenburg on some of the more brake heavy tracks, while Hulk is more of a consistent steady hand - a smoother driving style.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SectorOne

Looking at the consistency it´s night and day between the two.
Perez has enjoyed the best single result but it´s not good enough.

vs

Perez second season needs to start looking like Hulkenbergs otherwise i´m not that positive he will stay on.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

iotar__

SectorOne wrote:Looking at the consistency it´s night and day between the two.
Perez has enjoyed the best single result but it´s not good enough.

vs

Perez second season needs to start looking like Hulkenbergs otherwise i´m not that positive he will stay on.
More than enough, it's about potential and taking chances for top results. Performance in Canada (before the crash), Bahrain (despite worse strategy) and Austria (not that heavy braking track) is not enough? It was Hulkenberg who was no where near car's potential there. S.P. was unlucky in Monaco and Australia was a testing session if you rely on counting only.

I'd say a driver offering mostly consistency should be worried about reputation against Perez. I don't see FI changing anything, although last mid-season they were praising (rightly) Di Resta as championship calibre driver and got rid of him later. Not that many candidates anyway.

SectorOne

One third place in 11 races is not something to cheer wildly about when your teammate on average pulls in more then twice the points per race.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

stewilkinson

I think they work quite well, in that if Perez is inconsistent he still has the ability to pull out eye-catching results yet hulk will be constantly performing well and getting points for the team. Besides, Perez bringing a lot of money to the team too, so I can't see FI wanting to ditch either of them unless they jump ship themselves. He could do with crashing less in the second half though :p

iotar__

SectorOne wrote:One third place in 11 races is not something to cheer wildly about when your teammate on average pulls in more then twice the points per race.
That's very selective and you ignored technical problems in your points counting. Not only podium, which was very important for team's marketing but also Austria and Canada. It's about potential for big results and reaching limits of the car, which is what Perez was doing and Hulkenberg wasn't. I really can't see how you can advocate getting rid of him after that.

SectorOne

At the end of the day it´s points that counts. Not if you almost had a brilliant race once in the season.
They might keep him but i doubt it will be because he´s awesome.

Racer X

SectorOne wrote:One third place in 11 races is not something to cheer wildly about when your teammate on average pulls in more then twice the points per race.

This is what it looks like so far in the season Hulk more consistent then Sergio.

RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

rayden

I think perez has done well.

The hulk was meant to be the top driver just waiting for the call from a big team, but this year has tarnished his rep a bit.

Sure hes consistent, but Perez is showing that the hulk does not have the peak speed that other drivers have - with these cars anyway.

nacho

There must be a weight difference between the two.

iotar__

Weight is against Hulkenberg, smaller impact if they are not overweight overall but still - in Q. In the race it should equalise itself more, I think.
Without a broken car Perez could have won in Canada. It was so broken that when Ricciardo had an awkward overtaking attempt and almost stopped on track Perez didn't even think about countering it, he knew he'd lose it. Force India's win from 13th, not Red Bull, Alonso, Williams but FI. It's zero points race but it means more than 4 solid trademark 5th places. Fighting for the win is important (marketing) and shows driver's potential.

Enough about Perez let's go back to Alonso leaving to Merc, only makes sense for 2 seasons so it doesn't make sense at all - too old :-( . That leaves us and him hoping that Ferrari is half decent in 2015. 2 Mercs fighting each other, 2 Red Bulls fighting each other etc.

Sevach

Qualifying battle is quite a beatdown for Hulk 9-2.

Hulk average grid position 8.8
Perez 11,6

I think Perez podium fooled some of you guys.

marcush.

I do not understand why Hulks season so far should raise any concerns about his abilities.
I do not remember any Force india Driver battling as high in the Championship .And you cannot say this years FI is a very good car either...Sure the williams is better .
so the one Thing speaking against Nico is that Podium by Checo.
But then Sergio is not killing Nico with his Speed at all ,it´s more like he can equal Huk at some but not on all tracks.
so let´s enjoy Hulks best season so far ... in only his 4th season of Grand Prix racing...he has already scored the most Points for the Team(132) in just 31 races he has done for them which is an amazing 4 Points scored per race -in a FORCE INDIA! -Checo is also doing well with 3 per race btw..
But if things remotely stay as they are Hulk will better Stutils final Championship Position for force India (which was 9th) and the Driver Pairing will achieve the best season yet for Force india -with just that win still amiss.

Hulk has an average core of 3points per race when checo has scored just just 2.4 over the 4 seasons they both competed in formula 1 .
The pattern seems clear -Hulk is on average the better more consistant Performer but checo has secured 4 Podiums +3 quickest race laps in that time span aginst just 1 quickest lap to Hulks credit....I get the Impression Perez does drive outside his abilities too often to score consistently as this leads to making contact with other cars just too often.