Imminent F1 shakeup?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cam

Re: Imminent F1 shakeup?

Vettel Maggot wrote:A great start would be to remove the 'Bernie says:' logos from the track both physically and the computer generated ones. Maybe with 'Bernie says: Give me all your money!'.
All your money are belong to us?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Morteza

Cam wrote:
Vettel Maggot wrote:A great start would be to remove the 'Bernie says:' logos from the track both physically and the computer generated ones. Maybe with 'Bernie says: Give me all your money!'.
All your money are belong to us?
How about this one?
Bernie says: Pay before you drive :mrgreen:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Pierce89

Cam wrote:Lauda is actually suggesting a very rationale approach. There's nothing knee jerk about it. Let's look at all the rule changes, line by line, and see what can go. Even basic business teaches efficiencies, yet F1 seems to continually work against that. The result? Look at mess they have created for themselves.

The signs were there early too. Who's was it that said, ‘The organisers have prostituted the sport’?
Best piece ever Cam! I truly appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

CHT
CHT

Just watch the formula E simulation run video. Those cars really look gorgeous. Formula one better be worried

mertol

Worried about cars slower than F3? I don't think so.

SectorOne

And i don´t know about gorgeous. Looks horrendous if anything.

One of those compared to the RB10 or W05? Even the ugliest F1 car today looks miles better then the E cars.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:Even the ugliest F1 car today looks miles better then the E cars.
ehm...

SectorOne

Ehm yes, one has an identity, it´s an open wheeler. The other has an identity crisis not knowing if it´s an LMP1, a road car or an open wheeler.

The whole car is out of proportion and looks deformed in every single angle.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

To each his own I guess. I think caterham just looks awful in every way, whereas E car at least looks slick if nothing else.

CHT
CHT

Juzh wrote:To each his own I guess. I think caterham just looks awful in every way, whereas E car at least looks slick if nothing else.
Formula E does have a very futuristic feel to it, and I can see the car design moving towards Newey X-1 like the next season when technical regulation opens up for team to design their own car. Thats is when aero innovation will come it. Perhaps Adrian Newey next project will be Formula E.

And the sound?? It is almost Star Wars like :)

Juzh

Seriously? Team specific chassis in F E? Are they really going to risk another open spending war?

CHT
CHT

As I have correctly guess earlier in the season.

2 teams are now gone before the end of the season and and 1 or 2 might follow before the end of the year
Ferrari and RBR are now suggesting to open up engine rules in 16/17
And fans are still not happy about the sound of the V6 and fuel saver drivers.
Horner now flirting with the idea of bringing back V8.

mrluke

Given the choice I doubt any team would use the V8 without having it "equalized" to the v6s.

This years cars are on occasion 30km/h faster than last year.

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:Ehm yes, one has an identity, it´s an open wheeler. The other has an identity crisis not knowing if it´s an LMP1, a road car or an open wheeler.

The whole car is out of proportion and looks deformed in every single angle.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/entry_photo_ima ... r_wide.jpg
If it would be similar to an LMP1, a road car or a F1, then it would have no identity. It´s a FE, doesn´t need to be similar to anything, it´s a class by its own

And I don´t see it out of proportion at any angle, I like it. The only part I don´t like is the front wheel covers if that´s the name