2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

Since when has this become the Perez vs Hulkenberg topic?
Back to the silly season please

FW17

McLaren wishing Alonso on his birthday, I somehow feel this could be a very dark combination with RD fully backing FA this time around, like he did with Senna

Racer X

WilliamsF1 wrote:McLaren wishing Alonso on his birthday, I somehow feel this could be a very dark combination with RD fully backing FA this time around, like he did with Senna

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/ ... 50x500.jpg

If McLaren took in Fernando and fully backed him with his ability to race amazingly despite a bad car. Also his ability to develop a car and racecraft. McLarens technical abilities would be greatly utilized.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

SectorOne

Latest rumors say Alonso wants $50mil PER YEAR to stay at Ferrari. And will run til 2019.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/08/06/ ... t-ferrari/
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gray41

Has he received a big offer from Honda?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Kiril Varbanov

$50 mil per year is enormous sum, considering Ferrari are building Gestione Sportiva right now, plus the FIAT global moves outside of Italy. To be honest, I don't see this happening, even though 'multiple authoritative' media reports it. I'd like to see it happening first. This would be a an demotivational slap in the face of Kimi R as well, who as it seems, is going to become a father in 2015. Does that goes well into the Silly Season? :)

dren

Kimi has one more year and is done with F1. I figure Ferrari will retain him for one more season. I bet Alonso jumps ship to Mclaren. If that sum of money is true, Honda must really want him. Ferrari would do just fine with Bianchi and Hulkenberg (or maybe Vettel). It will be interesting to see how competitive Red Bull is after Newey takes off. If Vettel jumps to Ferrari, Kvyat will likely move on up.
Honda!

f1universe

SectorOne wrote:Latest rumors say Alonso wants $50mil PER YEAR to stay at Ferrari. And will run til 2019.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/08/06/ ... t-ferrari/

denied by Ferrari in La Gazzetta.

andartop

If that was true it would have been the most ludicrous deal an F1 driver ever got, after Kimi's 2010 Ferrari deal NOT to race!!!
:lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

SilverArrow10

Pay the man!!. Although doesn't Alonso get paid by sponsors and not Ferrari. Who would be giving him this massive pay rise?
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Racer X

Do you guys think he wants that in addition to what he makes from Santander..... I mean maybe his sponsors are e relevant and he wants Ferrari to pay up too.....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

WilliamsF1 wrote:McLaren wishing Alonso on his birthday, I somehow feel this could be a very dark combination with RD fully backing FA this time around, like he did with Senna

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/ ... 50x500.jpg
THIS!!!

Ron's tongue is wagging at the awesome that Alonso is doing for Ferrari right now... that is exactly what Ron wants and seeing how Alonso thrives even with a champion calibre driver like Kimi, I can certainly say too that Ron will stop at no lengths to get Alonso a number one seat at Mclaren. Just straight number one next time... no playing around with rear wings..
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

PlatinumZealot

SilverArrow10 wrote:Pay the man!!. Although doesn't Alonso get paid by sponsors and not Ferrari. Who would be giving him this massive pay rise?
You better believe he is getting paid by Ferrari. Probably getting feed, housed and bathed by Ferrari too. I won't be surprised if they have not offered personal assistants to wipe his bum for him.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

JimClarkFan

I think it would be a big mistake to assume Alonso is motivated most by money. I'm sure than when it comes down to it, Alonso will choose his next team based on their championship potential. When you have a net worth of around $150-200 million money stops becoming much of a concern.

Bazza

n smikle wrote:I won't be surprised if they have not offered personal assistants to wipe his bum for him.
In all fairness Ferrari's been responsible for a lot of turds recently, and Alonso has done an admirable job with them over the last few years.

I think Alonso wanted (out of McLaren, obviously) to get in red, and succeed, and do well for a few years, then go out from the highest team. Obviously his time in red has been a huge disappointment, and while this does indeed suck, it means when he's negotiating contracts, he can bring up:

A) Destroying Raikonen, the last Ferrari champion and a known quantity to the team.
B) Being the lone superstar that's been dragging bright red dump trucks up the grid and onto the podium, FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS

$50m is just him testing the boundaries of his leverage, partly (at least) out of frustration.