why are kimi and lewis different?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset

why are kimi and lewis different?

anyone know why they are usually listed with 2 initials and all the other drivers only one ?
yes , I know vergne is as well , but he has a double christian name so is normal
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

SectorOne

Re: why are kimi and lewis different?

you need to explain this a bit more, i could not understand what you mean. Any examples?
You´re not talking about the initials they show in the graphics on TV right?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

lebesset

SectorOne wrote:you need to explain this a bit more, i could not understand what you mean. Any examples?
You´re not talking about the initials they show in the graphics on TV right?
when the drivers are listed without christian names they normally have only one initial except LC Hamilton , KM Raikkonen and JE Vergne
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

SectorOne

Listed where? Again, show examples.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JackHammer

I have never seen LC Hamilton or KM Raikkonen anywhere
Also isn't Raikkonen technically Kimi-Matias, much like Jean-Eric?

lebesset

SectorOne wrote:Listed where? Again, show examples.
http://www.espn.co.uk/belgium/motorspor ... 71933.html

well jackhammer has the answer to kimi , but why hamilton ?

SectorOne

But that´s just a middle name. It´s on your birth certificate and driver´s license basically, not something you use normally.
Mine is Joakim but i have one first name and one last name that is used in everyday stuff.

Kimi´s is probably a real name but again, own preference probably and Kimi it was.

lebesset

SectorOne wrote:But that´s just a middle name. It´s on your birth certificate and driver´s license basically, not something you use normally.
Mine is Joakim but i have one first name and one last name that is used in everyday stuff.

Kimi´s is probably a real name but again, own preference probably and Kimi it was.
in that case why do none of the other drivers have a middle initial stated ?

both vergne and raikkonen have a hyphenated christian name [ though kimi chooses not to use his ]so it is necessary to give the 2 initials , strictly speaking the hyphen should be shown [ they may also have middle names perhaps ] but i can find no reference to this being true of hamilton

SectorOne

lebesset wrote:in that case why do none of the other drivers have a middle initial stated ?
I think because when he was born, Carl was his first name, Lewis his middle name.
Sometime after he changed it around so Carl is today his middle name.
Why they would keep that C in the name i don´t know, seems quite unnecessary. Same with Kimi and Mathias.