New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cold Fussion

Re: New Videos

I don't think you understand, if you're stopping purely from brake harvesting, then you need to send that energy somewhere.

beelsebob

Cold Fussion wrote:I don't think you understand, if you're stopping purely from brake harvesting, then you need to send that energy somewhere.
Yes, and that somewhere is a "small" buffer that stores energy until you next accelerate. It's referred to as small, because a buffer which is capable of storing enough energy to accelerate the car for 1/3 of the lap is much smaller than a battery which is capable of storing enough energy to accelerate the car for an entire race.

Juzh

Majestic as f*ck, worth the watch

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

lio007

Nice insights on F1 aerodynamics:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mikeerfol

strad

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Kiril Varbanov

Yeah, I was just going to post that. What a moment this lucky boy had. Here's an alternative link from Sky with better quality (it works at least for me in Bulgaria): http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9 ... roll-crash

strad

I'm glad all his wheels stayed on. So often lately we have seen, especially at Lotus, the tethers have not performed as they are supposed to.
Sir Stirling Moss

SheIsDisaster

Christian Horner and Adrian Newey takes on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

SectorOne

First real lap around Sochi track.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Waywardism

SectorOne wrote:First real lap around Sochi track.
Looks like a mix of India, Korea and Abu Dhabi with none of the interesting bits. Crap circuit. And what's with the recent obsession with these square right-angle corners??

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare