Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

And a new chassis to Vettel for Monza.
Sebastian Vettel will get a new chassis for the Italian Grand Prix after team principal Christian Horner admitted his pace in the Belgian Grand Prix was “extremely unusual”.

Having qualified in third place and jumped to second at the start, Vettel started to drop back through the field to finish fifth while team-mate Daniel Ricciardo went on to take victory. With the pace difference between the two drivers surprising to the team, Red Bull has confirmed will give Vettel chassis 04 in Monza in an attempt to rule out any chassis issues.

Horner said the main sign that Vettel's lack of pace was strange came in the form of increased tyre degradation compared to Ricciardo, with the reigning world champion three-stopping in the race.

“Sebastian has got the best feeling for these tyres as history has shown,” Horner said. “We have to look in to [Spa] to understand; there's obviously something wrong that he wasn't able to have the same pace as Daniel and be harder on the tyre.

“Obviously we missed out on Friday on any running of any real benefit to Seb, and of course we need to check whether something has actually broken on the car.

“There's obviously a lot of things that have gone wrong for him. A spark plug failure [in Belgium] on Friday robbed him of a lot of time so then he has to take a lot of information from the other car. We know their styles are quite different. So of course we need to check whether something is actually broken on the car because that was extremely unusual what we saw.”
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/208074/1/n ... mpaign=rss
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Pace deficit in spa, despite very little FP running, was surprising indeed. However, I don't think yet another chassis will miraculously solve all his problems, which most likely go beyond usually thrown around lack of EBD. There's no simple fix for Vettel... this year at least.

SectorOne

Kinda hoping this chassis is broken otherwise i´m not sure what Vettel will think.
I´m positive that he´s not had problems every time Ricciardo has beaten him this year but someone else might know more about that.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

djos

Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

I think the key there was that the team confirmed their driving styles are quite different, that indicates to me that Dan's style is better suited to the PU era non-EBD cars than Seb.

Makes me wonder how Webber would have managed the 2014 non-EBD cars compared to Seb?
"In downforce we trust"

seinfeld

I have a theory why Redbull/ Toro Rosso signed MAX Verstappen. his major sponsor you ask currently is...... Other then RedBull. Drum roll please......... VW group!!

2016 we will see redbull and Toro Rosso with either Audi branded Engines or VW. Porsche Maybe but I say VW has a bigger chance. Mark my words people
Audi are in Lemans with Porsche which is why I'm saying VW has a bigger chance of being the "brand"

Also Dr Marko hinted at the VW group not long ago when he was complaining about the Renault Engine

Cold Fussion

VW are rumored to be entering Formula 1 every year for the past god knows how many years.

CHT
CHT

seinfeld wrote:I have a theory why Redbull/ Toro Rosso signed MAX Verstappen. his major sponsor you ask currently is...... Other then RedBull. Drum roll please......... VW group!!

2016 we will see redbull and Toro Rosso with either Audi branded Engines or VW. Porsche Maybe but I say VW has a bigger chance. Mark my words people
Audi are in Lemans with Porsche which is why I'm saying VW has a bigger chance of being the "brand"

Also Dr Marko hinted at the VW group not long ago when he was complaining about the Renault Engine
The only reasons I can think of is that jv is not up to the mark to be in rbr program and mv has got the talent and last name to be a marketable future champion

Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:Kinda hoping this chassis is broken otherwise i´m not sure what Vettel will think.
I´m positive that he´s not had problems every time Ricciardo has beaten him this year but someone else might know more about that.
Horner said after the race that Vettel's car (presumably floor) was damaged when he went straight over the bumps on lap 1. Enough to damage a chassis? Seems unlikely.

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:Horner said after the race that Vettel's car (presumably floor) was damaged when he went straight over the bumps on lap 1. Enough to damage a chassis? Seems unlikely.
Which is strange because he said this,

"and of course we need to check whether something has actually broken on the car."

Maybe in Monza we will know for sure.

Morteza

Eight things we learned about Red Bull’s factory
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/red- ... 2014-08-29
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

djos

SectorOne wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Horner said after the race that Vettel's car (presumably floor) was damaged when he went straight over the bumps on lap 1. Enough to damage a chassis? Seems unlikely.
Which is strange because he said this,

"and of course we need to check whether something has actually broken on the car."

Maybe in Monza we will know for sure.
Seb's had chassis swaps before that haven't solved his problems, I doubt this one will be different.
"In downforce we trust"

iotar__

Why would it change anything when there was nothing wrong with this damn chassis in the first place? Based on material world: why would you hope new chassis would help when you didn't provide a single information that would suggest there's anything wrong with it?

How long does it take BTW when week+ is not enough ("ongoing" checks)? How would that work, good pace in Monza = blame the car? No, only in marketing universe. How about you first check then announce if anything is wrong and if the car is OK don't do anything. I want my points back since it's history repeating itself, no crash so again: either it's a hogwash or Red Bull is incompetent, either they have a bad driver or bad engineers ;-).

SpecialCircumstances

BTW, Horner said that the reason they were looking at a chassis problem was that Vettel had significantly different tyre usage that Ricciardo. Obviously, the team has enough information to know whether it falls within the paramenters of different driving styles or goes beyond that. It doesn't mean that there IS some kind of chassis issue, simply that fact that they couldn't tell why tyre degredation was what it was is cause for investigation.

As far as the whole EBD thing goes, I too am really tired of seeing that thrown around. We don't know exactly what the cause is, only that Vettel clearly and simply cannot drive the car as fast as Ricciardo and is often visibly fighting with it. It is also well documented that he has issues with the braking. This season is definitely a write-off more or less for him. There is little point anyway seeing how with a much updated engine next year the car could have different characteristics as well.

iotar__

I know what Horner said, driver was slower car is bad logic - unacceptable before or without checking.

We'll see, who knows? My guess - we will not see anything like the last time. Spa is tricky because damage must have occurred between end of qualifying and third corner of the race ;-).

seinfeld

I would have thought Red bull wouldnt be re using Chassis from the start of the season. are they struggling for cash or running out of carbon/ kevlar? cause I would have thought they would build SEB a new tub being a 4 time champ n all??