Tesla Model S Battery Teardown

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
dero

Tesla Model S Battery Teardown

Hi guys.

Here is a link [1] to an article describing the teardown of an Tesla Model S Battery.
Its made out of thousands of individual 18650 LiMh Cells.

I thought some of you might find that interesting.

btw:
Would any of you be interested in a post about possible specifications of the F1 electrical systems (2014+ regulations).
I have done some basic calculations and if any of you are interested i could write up a small post to get speculations going.

Things like DC Bus voltage, max currents, mgu k/h rpm, efficiency, dc/dc topologies, used semiconductor technology, possible ES types (supercap, lipo, liFePo, hybrid), battery management strategies, overall system weight, temperatures, .....

cheers Stefan

[1] .... http://hackaday.com/2014/09/13/tesla-mo ... -teardown/
[2] ---- http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthre ... ttery-pack

gruntguru

Re: Tesla Model S Battery Teardown

dero wrote:Would any of you be interested in a post about possible specifications of the F1 electrical systems (2014+ regulations).
I have done some basic calculations and if any of you are interested i could write up a small post to get speculations going.

Things like DC Bus voltage, max currents, mgu k/h rpm, efficiency, dc/dc topologies, used semiconductor technology, possible ES types (supercap, lipo, liFePo, hybrid), battery management strategies, overall system weight, temperatures, .....
Of course! Mostly mech eng types here but electric drivetrains are the future.
je suis charlie

coaster

400vdc, dangerous.
Last edited by coaster on 23 Oct 2014, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

trinidefender

Please do! I think I talk for many here when I say give us everything you have! Not many electrical engineer guys around here and looking at the direction F1 is going you should fit in nicely.

rullewheel

gruntguru wrote:
dero wrote:Would any of you be interested in a post about possible specifications of the F1 electrical systems (2014+ regulations).
That would be very interesting! The lack of information about it available (what I know) really makes it a good contribution.

Nice share with the Tesla S thread as well. I have not seen anything like it before.