Mclaren MP4-25 to 28 Steering wheel measuring ?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Cloudini5

Mclaren MP4-25 to 28 Steering wheel measuring ?

Dear F1 technical.

as i already opend an topic about steering wheel replica's. im considering to build my own mclaren replica. but im searching for correct information, is there Anybody who might know the original measurings of that steering wheel ? maby somebody got an replica From the company amalgam who could measure his for me. that would be terrific.

im going to build my own replica, due the FUN and costs!.

specific model, MP4-25 up to 28.

already tried to ask this info up at the factory of amalgam, and they are not giving wich i can understand, and well emailing Mclaren them self, wont even be worth the energy i quess

thanks everybody !
greetings
Wesley

Tim.Wright

Re: Mclaren MP4-25 to 28 Steering wheel measuring ?

You can scale the dimensions of the picture you have there.

On the McLaren electronics site they have full dimensions of the display unit at the top which you can use as a datum from which to scale everything else from.

Not the engineer at Force India

Cloudini5

that is absolutely genius !. and even pretty dumb i didnt came up with that one since ive got that picture on my computer.

than ive got another question, buttons and dial knobs are mclarens own design ? or is there an brand delivering that same style knobs.

and the handgrips are some what silicone kind of material ?

greetings

mirco2830

I saw the knobs on a SimSteering/ Bodnar wheel, so you can get it i think.
The buttons are NKK Knitter Pushbuttons, and you get the blue alone one at nearly every
online electonics store.