Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marcush.

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

it looks like the single monkey seat stay has somewhat bend own to the crashstructure (more likely is the front attachment point has snapped , why else would the monkey seat stay straight with the carr centreline ? The monkey seat lowered the top element striaght into the exhaust path -that s a cool thing if it was intended.. as the race progresses the
monkey seat first loses angle of attack and finally gets torched away completely -perfect drag reduction system and shifting aero towards the front over race distance... if that is what is needed .. It certainly did not make the car slower on the straights? :mrgreen:

Morteza

Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zioture

I'm looking for photos of the RB10, with a view from below, usually these shotsare taken when the car stops or crash. Someone can 'help me please?

FW17

pelican beak was something that was drawn before the beginning of the season. will that battering ram still be required if the pelican part was moved forward?

zioture

https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/ ... 8555497472 The monkey seat broken, it is too flexible?
Look at the U-shaped support and the strange gray line

Hobbs04

Looks like Williams seat from a couple years ago with that one arm attachment. Interesting that nothing like this happened in practice or quali. I'm sure had this happened to both Ricciardo and Vettel we might be paying more attention. Most likely a failure in the mount because both top and bottom of the wing have sunken back.

Holm86

zioture wrote:https://twitter.com/Graftechweb/status/ ... 8555497472

The monkey seat broken, it is too flexible?
If it broke, its clearly not flexible enough :-D

Crucial_Xtreme

GA's analysis of the new RB nose in Singapore.

via AutoSport

zioture

Here's an interesting article that explains how to work the pelican Image
Read all
http://www.newsf1.it/the-nose-of-formul ... force2067/

flyboy2160

I don't buy the reasoning about the Pelican bump being intended to influence the FW airflow. If the narrowing is just above the FW, how does increasing the airspeed on top of the wing help FW downforce? It would seem to hurt it.

I'll buy that the bump changes the camber line of the otherwise lifting camber nose cross section into a more neutral camber line that creates less nose lift.

zioture

flyboy2160 wrote:I don't buy the reasoning about the Pelican bump being intended to influence the FW airflow. If the narrowing is just above the FW, how does increasing the airspeed on top of the wing help FW downforce? It would seem to hurt it.

I'll buy that the bump changes the camber line of the otherwise lifting camber nose cross section into a more neutral camber line that creates less nose lift.

Our article describes the pelican, but also noses McLaren williams force india

This image is not related to the pelican, but the pillars of Mclaren Force India Sauber and williams

Jano11

Just shows how journalists do not understand what they are writing about.
A too flexible part will not break, it will flex.

henra

zioture wrote: If the narrowing is just above the FW, how does increasing the airspeed on top of the wing help FW downforce? It would seem to hurt it.
That is the important 'if'.
What would potentially make some sense is a bulge whose apex is at the Trailing Edge of the Front Wing. That way you would have minimum static pressure and maximum velocity at the TE, causing the air from underneath the FW to expand into that region of low static pressure immediately behind the TE thereby generating a sort of 'diffuser DF' underneath the Front wing.

zioture

Jano11 wrote:

Just shows how journalists do not understand what they are writing about.
A too flexible part will not break, it will flex.
if you look at my drawing in the yellow circle, I have highlighted the u-shaped holder that bent and this has caused after the breaking of the flap :D
Here our simulation of displacement of the pylon when I can , i will send you the translation of the article written by one of my co-worker aerospace engineer.

lio007

Do any of you know what this "thing" in Paul Monaghan's hands could be? A kind of camera?