2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
the_end90
the_end90

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

I saw on the Facebook of Force India that Hulkenberg was confirmed as dirver for the 2015 season

turbof1

the_end90 wrote:I saw on the Facebook of Force India that Hulkenberg was confirmed as dirver for the 2015 season
CONFIRMED:

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail ... a-for-2015
#AeroFrodo

ringo

I think more or less FI stays the same. As for Sauber i'd really like to see Sutil go home...
For Sure!!

Racer X

Yes I don't see any other team taking Perez. So I bet the reason they are taking long to present Perez had to do with Telmex the details of the sponsorship. But Sergio should be presented soon I agree I expected Hulk and Perez to stay.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Why don't you think anyone else would take Perez? He's a solid package of performance and money.

SectorOne

Pretty sure Perez already has a two-three year contract,

edit:
Madrid, Dec 12 (EFE).- Mexican Formula One driver Sergio Perez will race next season for British-based team Sahara Force India after signing a multi-year contract.

http://noticias.alianzanews.com/309_his ... india.html
Last edited by SectorOne on 20 Oct 2014, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Racer X

It's not that I don't think Perez or Hulk are bad I think they are a great pair of drivers. Both would do great in top teams but I do not think the top teams want them right now. Because Alonso Vetel Ham Kimi their are enough drivers still active that are taking up space on the top teams... older yes but still amassing They are old but still have speed.

Like Massa yes he's older but he's still fast. The only older driver I think should leave is Button but I think he should leave to a Midpack team. I don't know who McLaren should give a chance to but deff not button. HE plays politic too much and hasn't really been that great.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Ah, TOP teams, that's a bit different than "any other teams".

Itchy_digits
Itchy_digits

Are these posts about Ricciardo and Vergne actually related to the silly season anymore?

I like to come here and read about rumors not speculation on which STR driver has been the best over the last few years. Can you guys create an STR thread or something to continue this discussion? [-o<

turbof1

Agreed. The same about Kimi. I removed those posts. The thread is about movements on the F1 driver market, people.
#AeroFrodo

Vasconia

turbof1 wrote:
the_end90 wrote:I saw on the Facebook of Force India that Hulkenberg was confirmed as dirver for the 2015 season
CONFIRMED:

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail ... a-for-2015
Very happy with this, though I was expecting more from Nico in this secondl half season. Hopefully we will see the best Nico again, 2016 should be the year to sign with a bigger team, my money goes to Ferrari, a Vettel/Hulkenbreg Ferrari team could be awesome.

lebesset
lebesset

button to WEC

there seems little doubt that McLaren want one of the top 3 drivers at the wheel in 2015 , and that negotiations are well underway
no secret that jenson would like to be there , so why the announcement from his agent about looking at the WEC ?

as I see it the best pairing that McLaren could achieve would be a top3 driver plus button , , exWDC , multi race winner , already accustomed to the team
so why the announcement from button's agent at this point ?
my guess would be that it is an attempt to show that he has an alternative so that he doesn't get screwed on price , looks like that process has already started with statement from boullier that he wants a top driver plus a young charger [ anyone believes that it is boullier who will make the decision ? didn't think so ]
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

adrianjordan

Re: button to WEC

Just a PR thing is my take on it. Shows that Button has options and kind of tries to nudge McLaren towards making a decision...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nickel
Nickel

So more on topic, does Vergne get dropped from the field next year? If not, where's left for him to go? Mclaren and Ferrari are undoubtedly not going to snap him up. Sauber? Is the general feeling that he deserves the boot? Tost seemed to say he deserved a drive somewhere, just not young enough to be with them anymore...

marcush.
marcush.

Re: button to WEC

is Button a poker king? I don´t think so.He just wants to bring across he is still feeling the urge to race -and values himself worthy of a top seat be it Formula 1 or WEC..
Considering the fact that Mclaren remains in Limbo with making choices ....which is not really logic in my view -you commit to a decision and push through - and not negotiate for ages and publicly admit to not being sure which is the right direction to follow...
At a certain point the dices just fall and Mclaren has no options left.