F1 Quiz Chain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
matt21

Re: F1 Quiz Chain

Blanchimont wrote:758 -> no

second guess: 182
I f you say what these numbers mean, I can decide if it is the correct answer
-Felix- wrote:156?
Not a car, sorry

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

McLaren has taken part in 758 races since it joined F1, Ferrari in 762 since 1966. No match there.

But both teams have achieved 182 wins since 1966!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

matt21

Blanchimont wrote:But both teams have achieved 182 wins since 1966!
That´s it. I thought this is a quite funny statistic

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Indeed, let's wait and see which team is the first to reach 183 since the beginning of 1966.

The top 10 regarding total wins:
Ferrari 220
McLaren 182
Williams 114
Lotus 76
Red Bull 50
Brabham 35
Renault 35
Tyrrell 33
Benetton 27
Mercedes 26

Now to the next question, let's turn the topic back to the colour of the F1 Ferraris. The last pages told us that not all of them were red. And at one time in history it was a close call, Ferrari almost changed their classic red paint.

Once upon a time, a very rich man asked Enzo Ferrari in person to change the famous red because of an ad he wanted to put on the car. Please name the person and the advertised product!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Too difficult? :o

Ok, a little hint: He's known under different names around the world.

xpensive
xpensive

Bertone?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

No, the person in question is from Scotland!

Simacher
Simacher

Maybe something whiskey-related?

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

The product is indeed something to drink, but without alcohol.

The person topped the Forbes List of the richest characters several times and some people might say he's scroogelike.

Aesto
Aesto

Blanchimont wrote:He's known under different names around the world.
No, the person in question is from Scotland!
The person topped the Forbes List of the richest characters several times and some people might say he's scroogelike.
Scrooge McDuck? :lol:

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Yes, Scrooge McDuck or Dagobert Duck(Germany) or Joakim(x-land) once approached Enzo to advertise strawberry syrup, at least that's what the German comic version says. The italian one says succhi di melanzana(eggplant juice??).

I found the italian version online: http://motorsportrants.files.wordpress. ... -in-f1.pdf

You can see it took place during the turbo era of F1.

Funny scenes:
Scrooge gets informed about the sponsoring prices of F1(page 13 and 14)
Scrooge vs. Enzo(page 16,17,18)
Fulvio Palladio(Hans Huck in the German version) teaching Donald how to drive(page 25)
Italian fans robbing Donald's car(page 56)
Donald winning his one and only GP(page 66 till the end)

Simacher
Simacher

Saying Disney-thing in motorsports, it reminds me of Fulvio Ballabio (he's got more exposure in sports car races but he'd been driving Spirit-Hart at some point in 1984 IIRC) who always came along with Mickey Mouse sticker on his car (labelled "Babycresci"), the reason being his father's publishing business was sole distributor of Italian-translated Mickey Mouse comic books. That "Fulvio Palladio" might be his parody within?

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Yeah, it's a reference to Ballabio. You can see him here with Sport GOOFY and Mickey at the nose. In the comic at page 25 you can see a TOPOLINO ad on Palladio's suit.

http://second-a-lap.blogspot.de/2013/05 ... -1984.html

There are a lot more references to the real F1 world in this comic, e.g the Toleman car(page 9 and 10)

Somewhere Scrooge complains about F1 being to expensive and is talking about soft drink companies as sponsors are not good for the sport. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Simacher
Simacher

Mr Helmut Marko wont be amused with that... :lol: And say what, that green car in first page already resembles Benetton very much (a B188 maybe?), even down to that octopus-like logo the car's wearing...

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Page 16 in the background: A red car with the nr. 27, probably a tribute to Gilles, as the comic dates back from 1987.
In the German version, some cars are equipped with Badyear tyres, Lotus/Plotus is located in Welshland.

The rear wing on page 34 and 74 says "Fly thumb!" --> Fly Saudia as known from the Williams cars.