Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gandharva

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Blackout wrote:WTF? it's just a Ferrari-like 2014 nose. It looks boxier and thicker because it's shorter than the F14 one.
It's not 2015 legal.
Def not 2015 legal. What's interesting is the shape on the underside of the nose.
According to AMUS it is legal for 2015.

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... edit-text=

diffuser

The nose looks like a thumb!

dren

It certainly doesn't look good, but it is an improvement.
Honda!

Blanchimont

I really do hope Pastor crashes the new nose today, maybe this will reveal more of the inner structure. :mrgreen:
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

PhillipM

dren wrote:It certainly doesn't look good, but it is an improvement.
You can say that again, I hope it's just an early iteration just to see what it does to the downstream flow, because it looks terrible.

xDama

dren wrote:It certainly doesn't look good, but it is an improvement.
Looks better than the twin-tusk imo. Needs a littel refinement, but I like it.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

turbof1

Blanchimont wrote:I really do hope Pastor crashes the new nose today, maybe this will reveal more of the inner structure. :mrgreen:
How paradoxal to rely on Maldonado for technical info :P.

I personally believe the inner structure is nothing special. Either it's a completely new structure, or a saw-off tusk one, stuffed between the half-tusks with crash structure. Given Maldonado they'll probably have more then enough spare noses lying around to do that :P.
#AeroFrodo

turbof1

While the tweet might have brought it too much off the topic of the actual car, I feel some joking isn't a bad thing. Again the reposting of the tweet dragged it too much out, someone didn't liked that and the other had to point out there are options to do something about that. While everybody made valid points, nobody was on topic anymore.

This is how this we are going to fix that: joking is allowed, but only if the same post goes back on topic. As I'm so full of myself, I'll give my glorious post as an example:

How paradoxal to rely on Maldonado for technical info :P.

I personally believe the inner structure is nothing special. Either it's a completely new structure, or a saw-off tusk one, stuffed between the half-tusks with crash structure. Given Maldonado they'll probably have more then enough spare noses lying around to do that :P.

See how in my esteemed self being I started to talk again about the crash structure, which is relevant to the car, and made jokes that almost literally cracked you up? That's allowed!

I removed the tweet, the complain about the tweet and the complain about the complain about the tweet.
#AeroFrodo

Crucial_Xtreme

gandharva wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Blackout wrote:WTF? it's just a Ferrari-like 2014 nose. It looks boxier and thicker because it's shorter than the F14 one.
It's not 2015 legal.
Def not 2015 legal. What's interesting is the shape on the underside of the nose.

Scarbs said in an AutoSport article that is does not appear to be 2015 leagl.

Mamba

I do hope that the nose was only a test to see how the air could change I they go for that route... The nose looks much too underdeveloped to be raced next year.

MAMBA

stefan_

United States 2014 - Thursday / Friday (30-31.10.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Blackout

gandharva wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
It's not 2015 legal.

That article is full of BS... Lotus has copied Mercedes? how? does this nose tip have an inverted U section like the merc? no. It has a very simple, large and low rectangular section like the Ferrari.
How is it legal? the tip is too large. The first 50mm should not be wider than 140mm. Has Lotus removed those 50mm? why? or have they burried them under a vanity panel? why would they ?

Pilatus

Underside of the nose:

Strakes are directing airflow inboard of the front tyre.

Unlike Ferrari and McLaren:

Morteza

Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare