Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

George-Jung wrote: Maybe they are checking data to see if the correlation between track data and wind tunnel data is correct..?
This is getting old now.

Pierce89

windwaves wrote:
MOWOG wrote:Big deal. If they don't stop playing musical chairs with team management and figure out how to put a competitive car on track, they could have God Almighty in the driver's seat and it won't do them any good.

Hope Seb likes looking at the back end of other race cars, cuz that is all he is going to see next year and probably the year after that.

By the time his stint at Ferrari is done, people will be saying, "Seb who?" Possibly the worst career move since Juan Pablo Montoya went to NASCAR.
There is a good chance such will be the case.

I was astonished to see a pix of the very same F14T POS at the tests in Abu Dabi. The same friggin' car with a ton of instruments on it … just so pathetic and symbolic of where things are.

I mean, is Ferrari contemplating to not have an entirely new car next season ? are they out of their mind ? The F14T is not even worth a thing as a test lab …..
You show your ignorance. The f14t was a more than decent chassis. It was held back by the worst PU on the grid(yes, I'm saying its even worse than the Renault). The f14t was very close to the rb10 aerodynamically.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

Juzh wrote:
George-Jung wrote: Maybe they are checking data to see if the correlation between track data and wind tunnel data is correct..?
This is getting old now.
The "correlation" was fine this season. The power unit wasnt.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

windwaves

Pierce89 wrote:
windwaves wrote:
MOWOG wrote:Big deal. If they don't stop playing musical chairs with team management and figure out how to put a competitive car on track, they could have God Almighty in the driver's seat and it won't do them any good.

Hope Seb likes looking at the back end of other race cars, cuz that is all he is going to see next year and probably the year after that.

By the time his stint at Ferrari is done, people will be saying, "Seb who?" Possibly the worst career move since Juan Pablo Montoya went to NASCAR.
There is a good chance such will be the case.

I was astonished to see a pix of the very same F14T POS at the tests in Abu Dabi. The same friggin' car with a ton of instruments on it … just so pathetic and symbolic of where things are.

I mean, is Ferrari contemplating to not have an entirely new car next season ? are they out of their mind ? The F14T is not even worth a thing as a test lab …..
You show your ignorance. The f14t was a more than decent chassis. It was held back by the worst PU on the grid(yes, I'm saying its even worse than the Renault). The f14t was very close to the rb10 aerodynamically.

Wrong.
You are the ignorant.
All year long, everyone at Ferrari has been saying how the car was a disaster ALL AROUND. Every single component was problematic.

Please pay attention before speaking.

Even at the very gp they had issues with tyre degradation ….

The F14T is a total failure.

windwaves

Pierce89 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
This is getting old now.
The "correlation" was fine this season. The power unit wasnt.
yeah, right, traction was phenomenal ! among other things of course. RB, Merc, Williams so jalous of our incredibly performing chassis :)

Crucial_Xtreme

windwaves wrote:
Wrong.
You are the ignorant.
All year long, everyone at Ferrari has been saying how the car was a disaster ALL AROUND. Every single component was problematic.

Negative. Pierce is correct. The chassis & aerodynamics of the F14T were good for a change and not the teams Achilles heel. It's been a long time since one could say that. The problem of the F14T is the power unit and the ERS, not the aerodynamics. It's been said that the 2015 car looks a lot like the F14T so I'm assuming the aero work being done in AD will help next years car. Which is fine by me as long as the team can improve the PU and work on the mechanical grip of the car. Im not saying the aero of the car was the best on the grid but it was solid and a good base to work from and improve for next year. However if they don't improve the PU it won't matter..

SectorOne

Yea building a "new" car every season in relatively steady regulations has only dug them deeper holes.
While Red Bull refined Ferrari was busy messing around with stuff taken straight out of a science fiction movie.
#acerducts

Take a look and compare the lineage since 2009, Red Bull has a true bloodline of cars and Ferrari does not.
Its just new cars for new seasons,

An F14 B spec is the right way. Refine what is already there instead.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Kingshark

Ferrari's four best performances relative to the rest of the grid this season were: China, Monaco, Hungary, and Singapore.

It's not a coincidence that 3 out of those 4 races are on the three slowest tracks this season, where engine power matters little, and a great chassis can make all the difference.

Some of Ferrari's worst performances this season: Bahrain, Canada, Monza, and Abu Dhabi. What do all these have in common? Stop-and-go circuits with a lot of long straights, the PU is everything around those circuits.

Remember just how fast the F14T was around Singapore in the hands of Alonso? Easily a match for Red Bull, and much faster than Williams. Only Mercedes were clearly better.

Singapore is a tight, twisty, slow circuit where chassis > engine. This, to me, was the evidence which suggested that it was not the aero, but the engine that was the real weakness of this car.

Moose

Kingshark wrote:Ferrari's four best performances relative to the rest of the grid this season were: China, Monaco, Hungary, and Singapore.

It's not a coincidence that 3 out of those 4 races are on the three slowest tracks this season, where engine power matters little, and a great chassis can make all the difference.

Some of Ferrari's worst performances this season: Bahrain, Canada, Monza, and Abu Dhabi. What do all these have in common? Stop-and-go circuits with a lot of long straights, the PU is everything around those circuits.

Remember just how fast the F14T was around Singapore in the hands of Alonso? Easily a match for Red Bull, and much faster than Williams. Only Mercedes were clearly better.

Singapore is a tight, twisty, slow circuit where chassis > engine. This, to me, was the evidence which suggested that it was not the aero, but the engine that was the real weakness of this car.
Yep, good reasoning. This is also a good omen for next year - Ferrari can spend their 48% of engine changes on improving performance (unlike Renault who will have to spend a good chunk just on making the engine not explode in fire everywhere). I can believe that Ferrari will be up there ahead of the Renault teams next year, if not up with Honda/Merc.

Thunder

Ferrari doing some very subtle Research on the Mercedes. ^^
https://twitter.com/miquelliso/status/5 ... 8320449538
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

irsq4

Thunders wrote:Ferrari doing some very subtle Research on the Mercedes. ^^

https://twitter.com/miquelliso/status/5 ... 8320449538
I would like to have her on top as well!!! :D I`m sorry I had to!!

windwaves

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
windwaves wrote:
Wrong.
You are the ignorant.

Negative. Pierce is correct. The chassis & aerodynamics of the F14T were good for a change and not the teams Achilles heel. It's been a long time since one could say that. The problem of the F14T is the power unit and the ERS, not the aerodynamics. It's been said that the 2015 car looks a lot like the F14T so I'm assuming the aero work being done in AD will help next years car. Which is fine by me as long as the team can improve the PU and work on the mechanical grip of the car. Im not saying the aero of the car was the best on the grid but it was solid and a good base to work from and improve for next year. However if they don't improve the PU it won't matter..
sorry, disagree. I certainly trust Ferrari's drivers, engineers and all more than you ;)

It is actually pretty evident, just think of the comments all year around from the drivers, referring to lack of traction, the difficulties in keeping the car on track, the sliding around….

oh yes indeed, the engine was probably the biggest failure, but not nearly the only one !

We shall see what the 2015 car looks like.

windwaves

I expect 2015 to be at best a transition year.
I hope Ferrari will basically use next season for R&D for building a new car for the following season(s).
There is no way around the deep deep damage of the Domenicali years and it will take years to fix. Facts are facts.

mika vs michael

2015 certainly a transition period since in 2016 regulations probably will change again. No way Ferrari and Redbull are going to accept the current status of regs. They will push for a change and probably shift their focus to 2016. The only chance for smaller changes is Mercedes accepting a relaxation on the regulations freeze status.
The problem for Ferrari is that there is not a man like Ross Brawn leading the team during that transition period. Half championship is won because of the work done in such periods...I think if a figure like Ross Brawn comes on board Vettel will be challenging for the title in 2-3 years from now. and maybe win it in 4-5. A lot will depend on the work that will be done the next 1-2 years. Mercedes got where they are now with steady and gradual progress and many resources of course.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

windwaves

mika vs michael wrote:2015 certainly a transition period since in 2016 regulations probably will change again. No way Ferrari and Redbull are going to accept the current status of regs. They will push for a change and probably shift their focus to 2016. The only chance for smaller changes is Mercedes accepting a relaxation on the regulations freeze status.
The problem for Ferrari is that there is not a man like Ross Brawn leading the team during that transition period. Half championship is won because of the work done in such periods...I think if a figure like Ross Brawn comes on board Vettel will be challenging for the title in 2-3 years from now. and maybe win it in 4-5. A lot will depend on the work that will be done the next 1-2 years. Mercedes got where they are now with steady and gradual progress and many resources of course.
Good points, I am afraid I agree with that outlook.

I am disappointed though with Ferrari wanting to change the rules but on the other hand I have always hated what I consider the b/s of no or limited testing for cost reduction purposes. But Merc was able to nail it and I take my hat off; Ferrari should just get to work and get it done without whining about regs changes which they approved.

I do not like these engines, I wish there was unlimited testing, but the rules are the rules, wanting to change because we failed is stupid. Of course it is more complicated than that…but just my general thought.

Lets not forget the significant progress RB was able to achieve during the season. We went backwards.