Negativity and Haterism trend....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive

Re: Negativity and Haterism trend....

My sentiments precisely Don, great post, dix points! You don't need to be a hater to see where Formula 1 is going.

A thread complaining about members complaining generates not only eight pages in a week and a dozen upvotes for the originator,
but also the undivided attention by not one, but two of this great forum's most distinguished moderators, remarkable indeed!

And my own attention at that, why didn't I think of such a thread, have to figure something out? :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mrluke

It doesn't matter whether it is a business or a sport the more fans there are the more valuable the series.

F1 has lost touch with its fan base, they dont understand their fans, they dont know what the fans want and basically they dont care.

wesley123

mrluke wrote:It doesn't matter whether it is a business or a sport the more fans there are the more valuable the series.

F1 has lost touch with its fan base, they dont understand their fans, they dont know what the fans want and basically they dont care.
F1's fanbase is so large and so diverse that it is simply impossible to be "in touch" with all their fans.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

donskar

wesley123 wrote:
mrluke wrote:It doesn't matter whether it is a business or a sport the more fans there are the more valuable the series.

F1's fanbase is so large and so diverse that it is simply impossible to be "in touch" with all their fans.
Too many fans? Thanks to Bernie and the suits, that "problem" might soon go away.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mrluke

wesley123 wrote:

BS

suing people on copyright grounds for youtube videos has nothing to do with being unable to cope with the diverse fan base.

strad

No clag? Did you watch practice and qualifying?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

wesley123

mrluke wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

BS

suing people on copyright grounds for youtube videos has nothing to do with being unable to cope with the diverse fan base.
Never said it did.

With such a large base it is impossible to please all their fans. It's impossible to "understand" them all.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

strad

I think it boils down to this:
Those that think all's fine and this was a great year probably thought todays qualifying was high tension and spell binding.
Personally I didn't see much excitement today.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx

hollus wrote:
strad wrote:Get rid of supper soft tires that spread clag so they cannot go offline to try a pass and you'll go a long way towards improving the racing.
Andres125sx wrote:...Crappy tires out, they must last much more and produce much less marbles
Are we really getting that many marbles in 2014? I don't remember any complaints this year. One of the pictures below is from Sochi, hardly ideal for comparison, I know!
SectorOne wrote:I´m not sure what people are talking about but comparing to the last 10 years no season has had this much battles going on.
Not even close as a matter of fact.

edit: also someone mentioned marbles, this was the extent of marbles in Sochi.

http://i.imgur.com/DwHkvUq.jpg

Last year we had this,

http://grandprix247.com/wp-content/uplo ... er1960.jpg
Sorry but those two pics from sectorone are not representative. First you can´t post a pic of lap 19 to show the lack of marbles, it´s lap 19, just a third of the race. Second you should compare same track different seassons, and since Sochi was new on the calendar I don´t know what´s the second track but it´s not Sochi obviously...

Asphalt might be different, tires might be softer/harder compound.... those two pics are useless

jknights

I am wondering if we want good racing and clean overtakes then maybe a rule change is required.

If in an overtake manouver you damage your opponents car tyres then you get the same 'penalty' as the other person. So if you puncture and damage an opponents tyres then you must pit as well. If there is damage to the other car then you also have the same possible issue of retirement/DQ.

This would avoid incidents such as Prost/Senna, Schumacker/Hill, Rosberg/Hamilton, etc.

Andres125sx

jknights wrote:This would avoid incidents such as Prost/Senna, Schumacker/Hill, Rosberg/Hamilton, etc.
No it wouldn´t, Prost/Senna (for example) incidents were due to the championship leader crashing against his main rival so if both of them retire, he win the WDC. That rule would have changed nothing

But even so I agree that´d be a fair rule

coaster

It's just a reflection on society.

1/ rents and mortgages are at record highs; no disposable income.
2/ all 1st world countries are moving towards free trade; all the middle class jobs going offshore to cheap labour.
3/ university entry fees are at record highs; school is becoming a cattle yard for profiteering.
4/ green technology in motorsport; causing soul searching for those who lust for limitless speed and power.
5/ social media comdifying social contacts; it's seperating us all, making us miserable.
6/ half of all marriages failing; kids growing up without dads turning the spanners on the weekend.

I could go on, things are getting tough all over.

turbof1

coaster wrote:It's just a reflection on society.

2/ all 1st world countries are moving towards free trade; all the middle class jobs going offshore to cheap labour.
3/ university entry fees are at record highs; school is becoming a cattle yard for profiteering.
4/ green technology in motorsport; causing soul searching for those who lust for limitless speed and power.
5/ social media comdifying social contacts; it's seperating us all, making us miserable.
6/ half of all marriages failing; kids growing up without dads turning the spanners on the weekend.

The issue with free trade is that it'll eventually put massive pressure on 3th world countries to raise incomes as well, raising cost of labour there as well. China is a prime example of that. While extreme low wages still exist there, on average costs of labour have risen significantly and indeed we see a shift of certain jobs there were called to be lost to the country, returning back to Europe and America.

On the very long term, we'll see the whole free trade balancing back out. The people in China will have the same income and us, and one of the biggest markets in the world will be wide open for F1. We'll definitely see more races in China in the future as well as a return to India.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

coaster wrote:It's just a reflection on society.

Did you realice there´s a worldwide crisis?

Economy is cyclic, this is not the first crisis, and it will not be the last one. Even so economy continue raising

Free trade was explained by turbo perfectly

Social media is an incredible tool, but obviously nothing is problem free, but it depend on us and how do we use it. Thanks to social media I´m in contact with school friends I lost contact with a long time ago

Green techonoly could be criticized in motorsport, but if we criticize petrol companies because they pollute too much and stopped sustainable techologies, and also criticize green technology..... What the hell do we want?

And I could go on :wink:

turbof1

The current crisis is kind of an issue in the cycle. Back in 2008 right before the american housing bubble, there were clear signs through the inflation that the economy worldwide was "overheating" and that we'd enter a crisis anyway. Then the bubble burst, collapsing the economy anyway. The aftermatch is that banks are very paranoia when it comes down to loans. No loans means no money for new investments. No new investments means no growth. We'll get back on the curve eventually, but reckon it'll take another 5 years at the very least. So that'll make the most persistent stagnation in the cycle.

In short it means F1 will not see a big increase in sponsoring the coming years.
#AeroFrodo