Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_

Re: Ferrari F14T

Abu Dhabi Post-Season Testing - Tuesday (25.11.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

f1316

George-Jung wrote:
f1316 wrote:Yep, was just thinking it was the worst Ferrari I can remember - much worse than 2009 and 2005 and worse than any of the 90s cars.
2005 was not a bad car, it were the Bridgestones that sucked massive compared to Michelin.
Yeah, you know I thought I should have written that as soon as posted. Imola in 2005 showed that, when Bridgestone got the tyres right, the Ferrari was actually extremely quick.

Still, I guess i remember that as a disappointing year and that's why I mentioned it. But yeah, I echo the earlier sentiment, pleased we can put this one to bed.

tpe
tpe

f1316 wrote:
George-Jung wrote:
f1316 wrote:Yep, was just thinking it was the worst Ferrari I can remember - much worse than 2009 and 2005 and worse than any of the 90s cars.
2005 was not a bad car, it were the Bridgestones that sucked massive compared to Michelin.
Yeah, you know I thought I should have written that as soon as posted. Imola in 2005 showed that, when Bridgestone got the tyres right, the Ferrari was actually extremely quick.

Still, I guess i remember that as a disappointing year and that's why I mentioned it. But yeah, I echo the earlier sentiment, pleased we can put this one to bed.
I am still not 100% that it was only the Bridgestones to blame. Minardi where just fine compared to 2004 as well as the rest of the Bridgestone teams. On the other hand, I still remember Monaco where MS sometime at the middle of the race he managed to do consecutive FL... So, it is possible that the combination was not good.

SectorOne

Front brake ducts are huge!
Yes i know blown wheelnuts but still, just looks massive
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Crucial_Xtreme

Image from day 2 test in AD. Anyone venture a guess as to what is by/just under the outer most diffuser strake and what is under the car just to the right of the rear tyre?

Edit: Maybe a pitot by the diffuser strake but I'm clueless as to what's underneath the car.

scarbs

Probably the same tyre profile camera as Lotus ran in brazil

Crucial_Xtreme

scarbs wrote:Probably the same tyre profile camera as Lotus ran in brazil
Yeah that makes sense. Think that's a pitot by the outer most strake or think it's part of the camera setup?

Crucial_Xtreme

Some images of day two Abu Dhabi testing

via Sutton

diffuser

Do you guys think that they'd be taking all these measurements if the 666 was gonna be a complete break from this years car?

timbo

diffuser wrote:Do you guys think that they'd be taking all these measurements if the 666 was gonna be a complete break from this years car?
Why not? There's no such thing as too much knowledge.

Kalsi

diffuser wrote:Do you guys think that they'd be taking all these measurements if the 666 was gonna be a complete break from this years car?
By looking at those tyres, they look like they are the 2015 pirellis...
What they did is putting sensors all around the front and rear tyres to study the airflow around them as they are diferent from the 2014 ones... of course this is all aero/tyres aknowledgement to be used in the 666 project

Pilatus

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

Perfect picture of what Ferrari guys are doing for a last few seasons.

Juzh

Pilatus wrote:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein
You mean Vaas Montenegro :mrgreen:

Thunder

Juzh wrote:
You mean Vaas Montenegro :mrgreen:
Uhh yes that Guy was cool, but judging from the FC4 Intro the New Guy will be just as Mad. :mrgreen:

But God, we're soo far Off Topic it's close to On Topic again. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

PlatinumZealot

Calibrating their CFD models most likely.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏