How About A Change.org Petition?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MOWOG

How About A Change.org Petition?

OK. Enough grousing and grumbling about the silly rules in Formula One and the grossly inflated egos of those in charge. Wanna do something about it instead of bellyaching about it?

Start a petition onChange.org. Heck, let's show Bernie what social media and the internet can DO! :idea:

(I'd do it but I'm kinda busy right now and besides, i am just an idea guy. I leave all that "take action" stuff to other, more capable people.) :twisted:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Moose

Re: How About A Change.org Petition?

Right... Because Bernie gives a --- about a bunch of people filling in an online form.

strad

Agree..... When have they ever listened to us? Even when they asked us they ignored us.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Lycoming

If you want anybody to actually listen, just slap them across the face with a briefcase filled with cash.

wesley123

Even if Bernie somehow did care, I'd doubt people would be able to get enough signatures to ever make a difference.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

notsofast

The constructors are the ones who keep signing the Concorde Agreement. The constructors are the only ones who can really make a difference. But they don't seem to want to.

Trocola

change.org is used mainly by young people. And Bernie said that youngs are not good for F1

matt21

I think it´s better to think about new regulations and try to get a amateur series started.
If the cost are not to high I think you can find enough people willing to race.

I´m thinking about FSAE with more open rules. Then we can have what all here are about. Technical stuff 8)

MOWOG

change.org is used mainly by young people. And Bernie said that youngs are not good for F1
That is quite true. Which is why such a campaign could succeed, because Bernie would never become aware of it and by the time he did, it would be too late! :lol:

And while I think those who dismiss the idea as hopeless have a point - indeed, when has the sport EVER included the fans in their calculations? - nevertheless it is ultimately we fans who are the sport's most valuable asset as it is we who buy the products the sport's sponsors are selling. It is our "eyeballs" they are trying to access, whether while sitting in the stands or watching on our televisions (or on our mobile devices, Heaven forfend! :o )

And so, if we should ever learn how to act collectively, we COULD move the sport toward what WE want, at least more so than at present. Formula One fans of the world, UNITE! You have nothing to lose but your chains to the unwieldy, antiquated viewing strategies of the past!

Okay. That's as far as I go with the rah rah crap. The rest is up to you. :arrow:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Andres125sx

I´d support it

"Everything seems imposible until it´s done" Nelson Mandela

MOWOG

That's the spirit, Andres! =D>

turbof1

While a genuine call to do something, the question begs for itself: what do we want them to change?

If opinions are so diverse on a technical forum, with people surely argumentatin objectively, opinions will be even more dispersed under a broader community.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

I agree that may be a problem, if going into detail the discussion will be endless. But I think most people would agree with some generic proposals

Equal income distribution should be first point for example, I think most people will agree with this

Probably standardizing some aero parts would be appreciatted too. Everybody agree about the nosense of current low flying planes. This used to be about cars, so aero shouldn´t be so decisive

Lack of testing is another point usually critiziced

Crappy tires are another one, they allow different strategies, but they also produce so many marbles overtaking is very difficult, so they´re a nosense

Engines are too restricted too, I like the idea of free engines with total fuel limit. Each team will decide how to make the most of that fuel

Make your own, this is a forum, we shouldn´t be afraid about discussing. Let see if we can come to an agreement :)

MOWOG

Turbo interposes an entirely appropriate objection. Before petitioning to change anything, first there must be agreement on what should be changed. That's a damnedly difficult hurdle to get over.

let me suggest three areas that could attract consensus:

1. Aero

2, Engines/power unit "freeze"

3. Income distribution.

These seem to be areas that many who post here feel are in need of change, Feel free to add others. :idea:

turbof1

I personally think the following should be in place, and most of not everybody will agree:

-A redistribution of the money to support the smaller teams. If the big 5 teams and cvc are willing to give up each 2%, so in total 12%, you are boosting FI, Lotus and Sauber out of their problems.

-Do something about the TV noise of the engines. The engines aren't particularily quiet, the issue is that the on track mics filter too much.

-Be more consistent with regulations: it means more stability, stop the overall restricting of the sport and allow small incredements of technical freedom. Also ensure clearer rules that simply don't allow monstrosities like the current noses.

-Alllow more social media, like youtube. Small clips aren't going to cost you.
#AeroFrodo