Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mika vs michael

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

The bad thing for Ferrari is that they are laying off people before they hired new ones. I mean Ross Brawn declined...bob bell and others declined. Ok there is a rumor that 40 engineers came from Redbull following Sebastian Vettel but such figure is hardly believable...
What I see is Ferrari following footsteps of the past...they sack people but no plan is visible ahead, not in public at least. I mean I would first employ a figure like Ross Brawn after listening to his plan and then that figure would start putting the pieces together, hiring the key people, and exercising a reshuffle so that the pieces work more effectively. But above all I would have a technical plan...what are the car's-team's weaknesses and what needs to be done to build a winning car. Such effort would take at least 2-3 years. for the time being I don't see such leading figure with a certain plan on mind. To my eyes arrivabene or mattiacci don't look that way. I feel like Ferrari just want to sign names...but it does not work like that.

I hope members with more inside information could enlighten us more on the situation.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Sevach

santos wrote: The Santander came to Ferrari in the same year that Alonso. Massa brought Banco do Brasil to Williams. Does that mean they are in F1 because they got a sponsor?
Small correction, Banco do Brasil sponsors Nasr, and is probably going with him to Sauber.

Massa's presence did "facilitate" the Petrobras deal however.

smlbstcbr

I don't like what is happening at Ferrari, it almost looks like 2015 is going to be the last year of Ferrari in Formula One.

timbo

Many people doesn't equal results. If Allison has a vision and capacity to organize people it might be better for them to dispose of ballast. The Bridgestone guy looked as a great hire at a time, but did he really help the team? For years they had problem with warming tyres for qualify lap and it never changed. Might be not his fault or error, it might be that operation structure had too much noise because too many people were in position to argue.

diffuser

YEah, From where I stand..I have no Clue what is good and what is bad.

not enough data to judge.

To be honest, I'm not certain that the people making those decisions are/were (Mattiacci/Arrivabene) qualified to be making those decisions. Makes you wonder who's actually pulling the strings. It was long rumoured that Mattiacci wasn't LdM choice.

bl4zar_

Neil Martin is out too. Source: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/45277/ ... eil-martin (italian)

munudeges

Well several more of my predictions have come true. I remember a lot of people arguing blind with me over Pat Fry (don't all apologise at once), but it has never been clear to me what he has done at any team he has been at. He's certainly not a car designer in any way. When he became 'Engineering Director' it was clear he was being sidelined. Tombazis was a surprise, but it seems he has simply slotted into the the general Ferrari inertia over the past few years.

Hamashima was another appointment I never got. As if a former Bridgestone guy was going to impart some mystical wisdom about tyres he knew nothing about, had no hand in designing and couldn't influence in any way. Ferrari have certainly not managed to find any tyre related advantage anywhere.

Not surprised Rob Marshall has been approached with James Allison being there, and not surprised he got cold feet with going into Maranello. Not entirely sure why they would need Bob Bell.

Ferrari's a mess, no doubt about it, but he's a smart cookie James Allison and it's a smart move by Ferrari to put their faith in a Technical Director and stick by him. It's the only way. The only thing I find odd is the Team Principal's job changing hands within a few months. I thought Mattiaci did well from what I saw.

Manoah2u

Early silly season trolling; Lewis to Ferrari 2016 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Justkidding, couldn't let it go.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hawkwind

Wonder if he has to work a Notice Period or go on Gardening Leave ?

giantfan10

the people ferrari have let go and hired at this point in my opinion is much ado about nothing...Allison is still there and he is calling the shots on the 2015 car.
whether its joe blow from marusia or john paul from red bull now following instructions from allison is irrelevant in my view
i think its a positive to have people with a fresh new perspective involved in the finishing touches on the 2015 car.
the direction ferrari was going with the 2015 car was decided long before anyone was hired or fired so all the alarmists claiming mass chaos and impending doom really need to relax....lets see what the finished product is in melbourne

Crucial_Xtreme

Hawkwind wrote:Wonder if he has to work a Notice Period or go on Gardening Leave ?
No, race/performing engineering roles don't typically have gardening leaves. Gianpiero Lambiase, Perez's race engineer for Force India worked the whole season for SFI and one day after the race when testing begun, he was suited up in his Red Bull gear and started working.

Harsha

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Hawkwind wrote:Wonder if he has to work a Notice Period or go on Gardening Leave ?
No, race/performing engineering roles don't typically have gardening leaves. Gianpiero Lambiase, Perez's race engineer for Force India worked the whole season for SFI and one day after the race when testing begun, he was suited up in his Red Bull gear and started working.
Wonder what will be Jock bringing and what role he will be at Ferrari

jonaliew

http://sportbild.bild.de/formel-1/2014/ ... sport.html

Sportbild article here. Problem is they mention italian media as the source. But I haven't seen a single italian source writing about the rejection yet...

I believe in James Allison, but I hope they do get a senior figure in to help with the amount of blood shed really. This amount of upheaval can be destabilising yet revolutionary.

lio007

jonaliew wrote:http://sportbild.bild.de/formel-1/2014/ ... sport.html

Sportbild article here. Problem is they mention italian media as the source. But I haven't seen a single italian source writing about the rejection yet...

I believe in James Allison, but I hope they do get a senior figure in to help with the amount of blood shed really. This amount of upheaval can be destabilising yet revolutionary.
To make it clear: the article doesn’t mention italian media as the source. The article says, that Italian media claimed that Bob Bell is going to join Ferrari.

That says the article:
- Bell and Marshall rejected a job offer from Ferrari.
- Marshall has signed a new, long term contract with Red Bull
- Ferrari is going to copy the split turbo layout from Mercedes
- James Allison tends to a more conservative but efficient suspension to find the right setup easier