Alonso documentary (last race in Ferrari)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mikeerfol

Re: Alonso documentary (last race in Ferrari)

I haven't watched it yet (because I'm 100% sure I won't understand a thing :P ) so hopefully it will be released again with subtitles :lol:

PlatinumZealot

King Carlos sure mentioned Mclaren Alot.

I liked how the Alonso just walks into the garage and everything is ready for him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mikeerfol

Here is part 1 with english subtitles

lillschumi

I think it was still quite polished documentary (if it really was a docu, more of "selling image", but still interesting. Two things that stands out for me:
1. King Carlos, a bit senil and tells off Alonso going to Mclaren (Alonso had told him in confidence). The TV crew (Antenna 3) picked this up but on the grid they sort of commented on it to Alonso and he didn´t deny it but it was understood that it was supposed to be secret, and so it remained. Seems Alonso have very tied connection with Antenna 3 guys (who also made the documentary). I think the objectivity is 0.

2. Alonso always arriving last minute to press, photoshoots etc. Raikkinen always there first. I think Alonso is the primadonna and Kimi´s having nothing of it but understand that he needs to play along and so does to the exact portion of what is needed. Would be interesting to really hear from the guys working in the team who is more eligable to work with, i think Kimi can be quite funny and considerate off-camera

Andres125sx

lillschumi wrote:I think it was still quite polished documentary (if it really was a docu, more of "selling image", but still interesting. Two things that stands out for me:
1. King Carlos, a bit senil and tells off Alonso going to Mclaren (Alonso had told him in confidence). The TV crew (Antenna 3) picked this up but on the grid they sort of commented on it to Alonso and he didn´t deny it but it was understood that it was supposed to be secret, and so it remained. Seems Alonso have very tied connection with Antenna 3 guys (who also made the documentary). I think the objectivity is 0.
Sure, you´d have to see any F1 broadcast, even for an Alonso fan like myself they´re too sickeningly sweet
lillschumi wrote:2. Alonso always arriving last minute to press, photoshoots etc. Raikkinen always there first. I think Alonso is the primadonna and Kimi´s having nothing of it but understand that he needs to play along and so does to the exact portion of what is needed. Would be interesting to really hear from the guys working in the team who is more eligable to work with, i think Kimi can be quite funny and considerate off-camera
It would be even more interesting to hear from them if they do prefer a funny and considerate off-camera driver, or a competitive and non-conformist one who is always pushing the team to improve :mrgreen:

siskue2005

that was great

astracrazy

lillschumi wrote: i think Kimi can be quite funny and considerate off-camera
I think he'd be ok. I think most of the humour would come from how little sh#t he gives about everything other than driving the car.

I bet he'd be more funny away from F1.

thedutchguy

lillschumi wrote:I think it was still quite polished documentary (if it really was a docu, more of "selling image", but still interesting. Two things that stands out for me:

2. Alonso always arriving last minute to press, photoshoots etc. Raikkinen always there first. I think Alonso is the primadonna and Kimi´s having nothing of it but understand that he needs to play along and so does to the exact portion of what is needed. Would be interesting to really hear from the guys working in the team who is more eligable to work with, i think Kimi can be quite funny and considerate off-camera
Agree with number 1, but the 'arriving late' thing is based upon the team photo shoot at the end of the documentary I guess? In order to make a photo moment like that work as a media spectacle, he needs to arrive last.

But to me, there was actually only one thing which really stood out, which was he clear criticism of the F1 drivers briefings. He basically said that he just sits back and doesn't speak his mind during these meetings, because he feels that when you do, the race director (Charlie Whiting) will come down on you at the next moment when you're investigated for something. If this is really true, then things need to change at the FIA, which is not best know for its transparency way of governing and rule-keeping anyway.

siskue2005

thedutchguy wrote:
But to me, there was actually only one thing which really stood out, which was he clear criticism of the F1 drivers briefings. He basically said that he just sits back and doesn't speak his mind during these meetings, because he feels that when you do, the race director (Charlie Whiting) will come down on you at the next moment when you're investigated for something. If this is really true, then things need to change at the FIA, which is not best know for its transparency way of governing and rule-keeping anyway.
Yup that bit caught me swell, if it's true then that would perfectly add to the punishment handed to the usuall drivers and the bias we had seen before towards some particular driver

Then another bit at the end of the first part he says "we have not tested the launch control yet" (what he really meant was he didn't test the start system) made me laugh :lol:
If it had been Schumacher era and if that was spoken by Schumacher , then the entire internet would have jumped and said he is a cheater, they are using launch control, FIArrari etc etc :lol: :lol: god I miss the good old days :twisted: :lol:

Andres125sx

siskue2005 wrote:
thedutchguy wrote:
Yup that bit caught me swell, if it's true then that would perfectly add to the punishment handed to the usuall drivers and the bias we had seen before towards some particular driver

Then another bit at the end of the first part he says "we have not tested the launch control yet" (what he really meant was he didn't test the start system) made me laugh :lol:
If it had been Schumacher era and if that was spoken by Schumacher , then the entire internet would have jumped and said he is a cheater, they are using launch control, FIArrari etc etc :lol: :lol: god I miss the good old days :twisted: :lol:
I must be missing something probably due to english is not my native language....

What´s the difference between launch control and start system?

The only thing they do is releasing a button/pad, so I´d call that a launch system, wouldn´t I?

Before that they need to adjust the two clutches for the start, and that´s what he was complaining about, his car problems didn´t allow him to do any start test on FP and those tests were specifically banned for that qualifying

hollus

Launch control would be an active launch system, Andres. Of course forbidden.
Rivals, not enemies.

Andres125sx

Thanks hollus

So the only difference is they need to adjust clutches before the start, right?

Richard

siskue2005 wrote:Then another bit at the end of the first part he says "we have not tested the launch control yet" (what he really meant was he didn't test the start system) made me laugh :lol:
Oh we're still in that era. There is a discussion in the Merc thread that Merc engineers control Hamilton's engine settings from the garage.