UV induced gas vapor

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
remnantprepper

UV induced gas vapor

Greetings

ROCKET TESTING

In 1998 while living in Vancouver, Canada, I began experimenting with generating my own gasoline fuel vapor for propulsion applications. This was done by introducing a source of compressed air (inflated tire tube) into a 1 gallon glass jar, one third full-3 parts water and 1 part gasoline.

The bubbling of the air through the solution produced a weak distillate with a low pressure, low volume output.

The rocket was a 1 gallon, wide mouthed juice container. The plastic cap was fitted with a short sleeve of half inch copper as the orifice.

Most of my testing is intuitive. In this test fuel vapor from the bubbler was introduced into the 1 gallon plastic jug in the inverted position. Tests were done on a sunny day where the 1 gallon plastic jug was left for a full minute to absorb the UV from the sun. At the time I did not understand what was happening. Just knew that it worked far beyond any conventional means researched at the time.

In the initial test, the 1 gallon plastic jug with shrink wrap (unremoved) was duck taped to a horizontal piece of 1 x 2 nailed to the side of the test shed. A 12 inch long match was used to ignite the orifice opening.

. What took place within the space of 1 to 3 seconds blew me away! The vapor inside the 1 gallon jug did not explode

What I saw was a 1 and a half wide x 36 inch white, blue-white flame that generated a super sonic thrust. The velocity of the flame was so extremely fast, that the shrink wrap was left behind! The weight of the gasoline inside of the 1 gallon container could not have been more than a few nominal drops.

Secondly, the one gallon plastic jug was propelled faster than the eye could see approx. 80 ft. into the air. Remember that I was doing this in the back yard where I was staying. Lots of nosey neighbours to contend with.

Observations noted that when the jug reached flame out, a LOUD POP was heard. This is important.

Followed up by bench testing in the presence of sunlight, it was noted repeatedly, that AS THE FUEL VAPOR was being consumed (fuel vapor visible in the sunlight), that it was being replaced by vacuum. It could be seen that the bottom of the container was pulled down a full inch or more. Both fuel vapor (pressure) and vacuum coexisted within the same confinement field. I've never came across this in any science that I'm aware of.

Overall observations noted that this flame had a velocity that surpassed the ability for molecular fuel to generate. The oxidation of the air, water and fuel mix may have well reached a state of ionization just below the plasma state of matter.

in the past I have shared this with MIT and they just laughed at the results. Said that it was absolutely impossible!

After nearly 20 years I'm putting this on the table for you guys give it your best shot as to what is happening.

Sincerely, Donald E. Taylor.

SectorOne

Re: UV induced gas vapor

So you did experiments 20 years ago that according to you could be groundbreaking and yet you put it on ice despite what seems to be relatively cheap experiments to gather data on that you could write a paper on and send in to a peer review site?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mep

Somehow I don’t really get what is so special. Could well be a language barrier.
Basically you generated a fuel air mixture and let it burn out of a canister which produced thrust. The reason why the flame did not enter the container is because the gas blowout is of higher velocity than the flame front. Once the container is almost empty the flame is able to go in, hence you hear the loud pop. Nothing new, so far.

The rest is rather unclear, maybe just misinterpretation. Why do you think that UV rays are having any influence on the experiment? You did not really mention the effect of it.

Then this part with vacuum and fuel on the same time. This might just be conservation of momentum. The fuel keeps flowing out while the plastic container gets compressed. Might be good if you actually measure the absolute pressure in the container. Remember that the ambient pressure is already 1bar so there is no real vacuum in the container.
remnantprepper wrote:Overall observations noted that this flame had a velocity that surpassed the ability for molecular fuel to generate. The oxidation of the air, water and fuel mix may have well reached a state of ionization just below the plasma state of matter.
What? Why do you think that?

J.A.W.

O.P. needs to be careful, his experiments may cause a warp in the space-time continuum..
..perhaps precipitating formation of an unstable wormhole.. ..a black hole, or intra-dimensional rip..

But of course,scientific protocols require a fully instrumented data collection & verification by repeat process..

Get right back to us with a validated peer-reviewed data set & then we can be duly impressed..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Facts Only

In 1998 you collected some petrol vapor, heated it up in the sun and then lit it with a match... the fact that it exploded is some sort of major discovery?

I assume this is spam but for what purpose is beyond me.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

g-force_addict

At least put it in Youtube.

Maybe UV doesn't have anything to do with it?
Maybe its just that the sun's heat allowed fuel to fully evaporate.

Maybe it was just the minute spent allowed some fuel to condensate thus allowing for a more gradual burn IMO.
Try some variants as putting it in the fridge, warming it for a minute etc.
And again Youtube the videos.

bdr529

g-force_addict wrote:At least put it in Youtube.

Maybe UV doesn't have anything to do with it?
Maybe its just that the sun's heat allowed fuel to fully evaporate.

Maybe it was just the minute spent allowed some fuel to condensate thus allowing for a more gradual burn IMO.
Try some variants as putting it in the fridge, warming it for a minute etc.
And again Youtube the videos.
That's all it is, the sun heating the bottle, if you leave a plastic fuel can out in the sun that doesn't have a vent hole,
it will heat up and expand the shape of the container

They call it a Whoosh Bottle, I used to make these with my brothers growing up, they work best with fuels like Isopropyl or methanol, they both evaporate very quickly, gasoline would certainly need heat to help with evaporation
video is the same principle just different fuel and bigger container and not indented for lift off