McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ylk1

Re: McLaren Livery

I don't know why so many are having such hard on for Red-White livery. It is simply not going to happen. Who would adorn a livery that plugs Marlboro without having any sponsorship from them. Move on Guys!

I personally feel that this Black with subtle red is far better. It will start looking good once we have some sponsors onboard.

Manoah2u

ylk1 wrote:I don't know why so many are having such hard on for Red-White livery. It is simply not going to happen. Who would adorn a livery that plugs Marlboro without having any sponsorship from them. Move on Guys!

I personally feel that this Black with subtle red is far better. It will start looking good once we have some sponsors onboard.
because Mclaren themselves hyped it up and then didn't deliver.

asking our favourite view, and almost all are white-red.
white-red cars on every single press picture.
white-red on every twitter announcement

it's white-red everywhere.

everybody get's hyped up, then deliver a clumsy outdated west-like livery nobody was asking for nobody was expecting and nobody thinks is worthy of getting 'hyped' up about.

it wouldnt' even be that bad if they had not hyped it up so much, or whether announcing they'd run a full-black.
everything about the livery regarding the presantation turned out a blatant lie.

- no black car.
- no orange car [ implied before ]
- no white-red [ hyped and implied by Mclaren like crazy ]
- no new era hype delivering [ it's all very dark and barely make out honda , hardly the feeling of 'wow a new era' ]
- were told the chrome would be gone, it's still here
- it's like the brainkill boring livery of last year's race car with a ugly patch of red [almost like, oh hey guys, remember when we put red on the car? we didn't put it on for a while, but here's some red, we've made it eye-burning red so you can see it. get excited about it now because we say so, not because we give you something to be excited about ]

there are so many reasons to be upset, feel descepted, annoyed and insulted with the Mclaren livery it's just plain awful.

Say nothing and get a pleasent surprise like Force India,
Say nothing and get a imporved livery like Sauber
Say nothing and look like you always do like Ferrari and Mercedes.

Mclaren let it's fans down hugely.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mclaren111

And again Mclaren is the most talked about team in January :D :D :D

Again, no such a thing as bad publicity :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The paint job can always be changed 8) 8) 8)

Kiril Varbanov

Manoah2u wrote:so much better :( :(
Yeah, indeed, Twitter already reacted positively.
Manoah2u wrote: btw, seems the red/white one posted before 'originally' comes from Reddit user G0DJESUS :lol:
Damn! If it comes from God himself, who are Mclaren to resist? :) :) :)

ScottB

ylk1 wrote:I don't know why so many are having such hard on for Red-White livery. It is simply not going to happen. Who would adorn a livery that plugs Marlboro without having any sponsorship from them. Move on Guys!

I agree, but it's also true that having what is essentially a West livery tribute is daft for the same reason.

ScottB

Manoah2u wrote:why are we discussing renault rumours in the Mclaren livery thread? #-o
In response to the suggestion that Honda don't want a title sponsor because of Renault's supposed issues with Red Bull. I'd of thought that wasn't too obscure a line of discussion!

Thunder

Just leaving this here to spark some hope to the ones that really hate the Livery:
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... 9145404416
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Morteza

Thunders wrote:Just leaving this here to spark some hope to the ones that really hate the Livery:

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... 9145404416
I really hope there is something new to come about the livery. One can always hope...

By the way, they are still using Mercedes trucks ;) :mrgreen:
https://twitter.com/PFF1/status/561526358132944896
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

gold333

As an artist I am disappointed that no one on the grid uses a minimalist approach to livery design.

The Marlboro cars were the perfect eye catcher, minimalist 2 colors and neon.

To say that a red and white car is a Marlboro car is ludicrous though. You can't trademark colors.

Mclaren should emphasize the "new era" with a livery that is even more high tech than the chrome and neon red/orange era was.

80's
White -Neon Red
00'
Chrome -Neon Red

The future era should be a revolutionary duo tone pearlescent white/transparent effect with a similar treatment neon red-orange RAL3026 in my opinion.

Mclaren is the only team with a propensity to truly stand out on a grid if they only have the courage to go for a minimalist striking design like they did in the 80's.

The current revealed design in my opinion is mundane and not the work of a particularly talented graphic artist.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

ollandos

mclaren people with new white team fleece on amus fhotos

McG

Maybe it's just for testing like they used to do with orange sometimes.
F1 is dead.

SiLo

gold333 wrote:As an artist I am disappointed that no one on the grid uses a minimalist approach to livery design.

The Marlboro cars were the perfect eye catcher, minimalist 2 colors and neon.

To say that a red and white car is a Marlboro car is ludicrous though. You can't trademark colors.

Mclaren should emphasize the "new era" with a livery that is even more high tech than the chrome and neon red/orange era was.

80's
White -Neon Red
00'
Chrome -Neon Red

The future era should be a revolutionary duo tone pearlescent white/transparent effect with a similar treatment neon red-orange RAL3026 in my opinion.

Mclaren is the only team with a propensity to truly stand out on a grid if they only have the courage to go for a minimalist striking design like they did in the 80's.

The current revealed design in my opinion is mundane and not the work of a particularly talented graphic artist.
Care to give us an example of what those two colours actually look like in real life?
Felipe Baby!

djos

McLaren Livery

I don't know how I missed this post but the second design is nothing short of brilliant!

Last edited by djos on 31 Jan 2015, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Hobbs04

Considering Ron Dennis's style of pure, white, clean, etc. I think a minimalist style livery would fit. Something like Williams has done with just a few splashes of color.

dmjunqueira

Kiril Varbanov wrote:People weren't that late :) I can't credit the author, though, so "Author: Internet" #The favorite excuse of today's mainstream media:
Manoah2u wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:People weren't that late :) I can't credit the author, though, so "Author: Internet" #The favorite excuse of today's mainstream media:
http://i.imgur.com/wJJuiCb.jpg
looks so much better
A LOT better.