Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
poolboy67

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

mcalex wrote:Same as last year - no running because of technical issues ... they never learn ... they should've fired the whole stuff ... they son't need a new nose the need a reliable car and km's ...
i think it's too early to make assumptions about reliability mate. calm down.

it's definetly not the engine since sauber has already done a good amount of laps. don't forget that williams spent most of their morning in the pits and have only just gotten to the track. and they have the best engine!

for all we know they could just be trying other components, or chaging sensors ect. heck they may even be doing something already to make the car more suitable for vettel, like the seat being ridiculously high.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

mikhak

Pilatus wrote:F-14T didn't had inlet (cooling presumably) like this:
http://i.imgur.com/BYkQSOd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vP8840V.jpg

And only on the left side.
http://i.imgur.com/ooReLDs.jpg

They have flush cooling inlets on both sides of the shark fin similar to last years car.

And then an additional cooling scoop only on the LHS similar to the one seen on the Marussia MR03.

poolboy67

could that be simply aircooling the wastegate? or maybe gearbox oilcooler? or some electronics?
it's so small that the component it cools, can't be very large/hot?

edit;
ok i've found some talk of ferrari having a small electrical problem, that's keeping them (for now) out of the track.
but as we know, changing electrical components to these new cars takes alot longer than when they had the v8's.
but vettel is back on track now it seems.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

jaba.hut

Radio communication issues:

From SKY Sports:
13:58
An update from Ferrari after their relatively quiet morning on track with the SF15-T:
"System checks were the main items on the programme which was altered mid-morning, to improve the radio communications between team and driver. The decision was therefore taken to bring forward the lunch break, so as to resume the planned programme for the afternoon."

zioture

Sound PU FERRARI SF15-T JEREZ SEB VETTEL

stefan_

2015 Winter testing | Session 1, Day 1 - Jerez de la Frontera, Spain (01.02.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ringo

there's a "batamarang" wiglet on top of the roll hoop slightly behind the camera. Mercedes used this under the nose last year.

I like the new sidepods. Less silly than the previous ferrari cars. All the cars look like they will be quite close. The engine power will be the thing that sets the apart mostly and of course mechanical setup.
For Sure!!

F1NAC

ringo wrote:there's a "batamarang" wiglet on top of the roll hoop slightly behind the camera. Mercedes used this under the nose last year.

I like the new sidepods. Less silly than the previous ferrari cars. All the cars look like they will be quite close. The engine power will be the thing that sets the apart mostly and of course mechanical setup.
they used this winglet last year

Rikhart

This car looks so much better than I thought, from the launch photos... Its beautiful.

FrukostScones

zioture wrote:Sound PU FERRARI SF15-T JEREZ SEB VETTEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiXx7wUQ9TQ
sounds much smoother than last year
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Kiss the Apex

Rikhart wrote:This car looks so much better than I thought, from the launch photos... Its beautiful.
Agreed! It seems quite fast as well if Seb's times are anything to go by so far. Maybe not Merc levels of speed but up there.

dren

ringo wrote:there's a "batamarang" wiglet on top of the roll hoop slightly behind the camera. Mercedes used this under the nose last year.

The one Ferrari has looks like a flow conditioner for the rear wing. The one Mercedes has actually creates lift under the nose and strong vortices at its tips.
Honda!

turbof1

Seems Ferrari are going very extreme with the camera pods. They uses the full maximum allowed space:
#AeroFrodo

Jolle

To me it looks like Vettel is sitting very high (too high?) in the car, the headrest is almost below his ears....

Manoah2u

i'm curious as to find out what's going on with his seating positioning, too. Is this permanent? Almost reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson in that Lotus commercial "F1" car.

Would that negatively influence drag? or is it minimal and would this possibly be the result of an upcoming shorter nose [with shorter car?] SF15-T-B as to say? Wouldn't this positively influence driver's point of view?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"