McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ollandos
ollandos

Re: McLaren Livery

new teamwear is on pre-order ......xmxmxmxm.....i have full respect on mclaren guys and i am fan from 80s....but i think this time is a step back .....that colors of team .....after west and vodafone (much better this 2) mclaren is ugly....
if i hand in mclaren... the car will be like the mclaren logo....full rocket red with very little black and white ...with 3d stickers....(21st century .....ron the sticker is the same matt black from 80s :evil: )

joke....silver trucks black wheels chrome car white shirts red logos ....ron ?to much j.walker ??? :mrgreen:

if the car is 1s faster of all on barcelona test maybe my opinion happen reality....... [-o< [-o<

Mesteño

That white car is awesome, but I would like to see artists to make more realistic iterations of the presented car.

Sulman
Sulman

They can't go back to a livery that has connotations with tobacco. It's commercial suicide.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sulman wrote:They can't go back to a livery that has connotations with tobacco. It's commercial suicide.
guess what they did now, then. total West-tobacco livery.

and what does Ferrari do? No hint of Marlboro, right?
Lotus? No hint to a JPS tobacco livery, huh?

Red-White offcourse can only be Marlboro colours so nobody should ever be allowed to run that, no matter how far off it is. :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ollandos wrote:new teamwear is on pre-order ......xmxmxmxm.....i have full respect on mclaren guys and i am fan from 80s....but i think this time is a step back .....that colors of team .....after west and vodafone (much better this 2) mclaren is ugly....
if i hand in mclaren... the car will be like the mclaren logo....full rocket red with very little black and white ...with 3d stickers....(21st century .....ron the sticker is the same matt black from 80s :evil: )

joke....silver trucks black wheels chrome car white shirts red logos ....ron ?to much j.walker ??? :mrgreen:

if the car is 1s faster of all on barcelona test maybe my opinion happen reality....... [-o< [-o<
what?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Thunder

Pitlanetalk spurring the Rumours again:
https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/status/ ... 1835801602
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

Oh no, not them again :lol:

Thunder

Well they were right about Alonso to McLaren, just their Timing was way off. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sulman
Sulman

Manoah2u wrote:

Red-White offcourse can only be Marlboro colours so nobody should ever be allowed to run that, no matter how far off it is. :roll:
That's McLaren's corporate colours.

Ferrari are red.

I'll grant you Lotus, but that team trades on nostalgia and it still hasn't brought them any money.

The McLaren red and white was explicitly Marlboro.

It isn't coming back.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sulman wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

That's McLaren's corporate colours.

Ferrari are red.

I'll grant you Lotus, but that team trades on nostalgia and it still hasn't brought them any money.

The McLaren red and white was explicitly Marlboro.

It isn't coming back.
are you ignorant or what?
remember super aguri?

Mclaren's corporate colours? #-o you just spoke about the impossibility of tobacco branding and all you have left with is a west-livery on the macca and your cover up is it's Mclaren corporate colours? Mclaren has no corporate colours. if they would have a corporate colour, it could only be Papaya orange.

Instead, Honda is famous for Red-White. Mclaren is more famous for Red-White than any other colour out there.
They hinted they be running red-white.

instead, they let the fans down with a non-consistant livery that makes no sense, is worse than last years.
Knowing they indeed stated they were running a test livery, there is the slight hope of actually another livery for melbourne.
A slight hint may be found in the interesting shade of rocket red. Imagine that red paired with a pearl white in the previously shown livery excersizes.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 01 Feb 2015, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

rich1701
rich1701

People are saying Mclaren won't go red and white because it identifies too much with the Marlboro brand.

That didn't bother Williams

McG

Looks better on track than in the studio. And the red looks more like a volcano orange rocket red hybrid!

F1 is dead.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

McG wrote:Looks better on track than in the studio. And the red looks more like a volcano orange rocket red hybrid!

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/fangio ... 1.jpg.html
it has the shade of red that would make it look awesome if it was paired with a classic white-red combo :mrgreen:

for what it's worth;

i'm having trouble believing this indeed is the final livery, mainly because of the low amount of exposure Honda is getting. You can hardly see any sponsoring at all, it all fades into the chrome/black. the only thing that stands out is the red.

Mobil 1, Honda, KPMG, pirelli, etc. are all just barely visable.

with Honda pumping 133 mil in the engine, i have serious trouble believing they wouldn't want more recognition.

which, essentially, leads me to regain HOPE for a different livery at Melbourne

McG

Manoah2u wrote:
McG wrote:Looks better on track than in the studio. And the red looks more like a volcano orange rocket red hybrid!

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/fangio ... 1.jpg.html
it has the shade of red that would make it look awesome if it was paired with a classic white-red combo :mrgreen:

for what it's worth;

i'm having trouble believing this indeed is the final livery, mainly because of the low amount of exposure Honda is getting. You can hardly see any sponsoring at all, it all fades into the chrome/black. the only thing that stands out is the red.

Mobil 1, Honda, KPMG, pirelli, etc. are all just barely visable.

with Honda pumping 133 mil in the engine, i have serious trouble believing they wouldn't want more recognition.

which, essentially, leads me to regain HOPE for a different livery at Melbourne
Totally agree. Although what recognition they will get in 2015 we don't know yet, so maybe better that it looks like a Mclaren/Mclaren Mercedes/West Mclaren Mercedes for a while longer!
F1 is dead.

mikeerfol