New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: New Videos

Juzh wrote:Boring pre-season..

Rosberg vs vettel in monza 2014 & 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLlzqX4_XT4

Too much traction on RB7.
What's startling is how late Vettel can brake (particularly for the second chicane) compared to the Mercedes. The Merc arrives with a good speed advantage but brakes much earlier. Apex speeds are also noticeably different. The RB7 just has a lot more downforce - and as we know, it's time gained in the slow bits that makes the laptime difference.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Juzh

But also soft tires on RB11 do help a bit.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Merci les champions !

Morteza

I love this car, I love this man and I love this track :D

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Juzh

I came across this kewl youtube channel with loads of onboard from 2014 and other recent years:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwthgd ... 8NCjiFgAUQ

2014 british GP is a really good watch. Especially alonso wrestling that ferrari all over the place.

Check it out before FOM takes it down.

Hail22

Hope you all enjoy this!

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

Jean Eric Vergne around the V8 Supercars Adelaide 500 track, slightly similar to the old F1 circuit albeit slightly altered.

Would be great to see Formula 1 back in Adelaide again:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Vettel Maggot
Vettel Maggot

Sitting there yesterday in a grandstand with some kids friends that had never seen or heard an F1 car in person was a special experience for me. They were 8,10 and 13 and they were so excited the whole day. Then when JEV first came by (on a slow out lap) the looks of complete astonishment and excitement were priceless, I have goosebumps just thinking about it actually. Then he flew past at a better pace and the kids were just in awe.

That was pretty cool to see what F1 can still do to people and brought back memories of myself on my dads shoulders at my first F1 race. Awesome.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zonk
zonk

TAG

Just_a_fan wrote:
Juzh wrote:Boring pre-season..

Rosberg vs vettel in monza 2014 & 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLlzqX4_XT4

Too much traction on RB7.
What's startling is how late Vettel can brake (particularly for the second chicane) compared to the Mercedes. The Merc arrives with a good speed advantage but brakes much earlier. Apex speeds are also noticeably different. The RB7 just has a lot more downforce - and as we know, it's time gained in the slow bits that makes the laptime difference.
It's an interesting comparison. 2011 was near the peak if not the peak of the blown diffuser era and the engines were as developed as they were going to get. I wouldn't be surprised to see a different result this year were the comparison to be done again.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

RicerDude

andone89
andone89

Slife
Slife

poolboy67

i wonder what they're talking about.

edit: fixed the video.
Last edited by poolboy67 on 16 Mar 2015, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.