Williams Martini Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LookBackTime

Re: Williams Martini Racing 2015

Pierce89

tinvek wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Joking around, but each team has so many pit stop technicians, I wonder if they sometimes hold a soccer tournament.

nick daman from radio le mans summed up the difference between F1 and WEC pitstops nicely

"an F1 pitstop looks like a rugby scrum, a WEC pitstop looks like a ballet "
Only a WEC announcer could come up with that crap. Give me a 2 sec pitstop over 60 sec anyday.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Cold Fussion

WEC commentators take every opportunity to deride F1, however F1 commentators take every opportunity to proclaim it as the pinnacle of everything.

Manoah2u

Cold Fussion wrote:WEC commentators take every opportunity to deride F1, however F1 commentators take every opportunity to proclaim it as the pinnacle of everything.
well, let's face it; F1 pitstops are untouchable.

apart from WEC being a great sport, it is different and thus cannot be compared. MotoGP cant be compared to motocross either. 2 different sports with different characteristics and rules.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

LookBackTime

BT agrees partnership with Williams F1 team

BT branding will be on cars and within the team environment after a multi-strategic technology partnership was agreed:

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-agre ... ial_tw_aod

Richard

multi-strategic technology partnership
What is that meant to mean???? :shock:

In a nutshell, Williams have signed up to a new network provider who's giving a discount for a badge on the headrest.

LookBackTime

Symonds: 2015 a 'consolidation year' for Williams

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... MP=OTC-RSS

LookBackTime

To celebrate the partnership between Hackett and Williams F1, we planted cameras on the ground, suited up the pit crew, and brought an added dash of unexpected style to the pitstop. Filmed at the Circuito De Jerez, Spain

LookBackTime

AUSTRALIAN GP PRACTICE

13 MAR 2015
Objectives: aero evaluations, set-up and tyre work.

Rob Smedley, Head of Performance Engineering: We picked up a lot of data on Valtteri’s car and completed all of the tests we had planned so it was a good day for him. Unfortunately our post FP1 inspection identified a water leak on the power unit of Felipe’s car. This required the power unit to be removed from the chassis to repair, which resulted in Felipe missing FP2. We didn’t have any other reliability issues with the car that are causing us concern. For us a Friday is not about making headlines or chasing laptime; we keep our heads down and diligently go about our business. That is exactly what we have done and I’m pleased to see that the team has picked up from where we left off in Abu Dhabi and worked well as a unit.

Valtteri Bottas: It was a very productive Friday; whilst Felipe was unlucky with a technical problem and lost some running, we managed to complete our run programme and get as prepared as we can for qualifying and the race. Straight out of the box the car felt good; it was particularly good in the long runs and the tyres felt consistent with not much drop off in performance. We can still find improvements in the short run pace and do more to unlock the tyre performance over one lap, so that will be a focus in tomorrow’s third practice session.

Felipe Massa: It’s a bit disappointing to have only run in one session today; a water leak in the power unit required a repair. The more you run the more you understand the best direction to take with the set-up and what the track conditions are like, but at least I managed to get some valuable laps under my belt in the morning and the overall feeling from the car is positive. It’s also good to identify any problems early on rather than experiencing them in qualifying or the race.

Sevach

Well... the team hasn't made the jump.

Edit: Bottas participation in tommorow's race in doubt

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/14/b ... nt-2838551

joseff

Who's going to replace him? Susie?

djos

Williams Martini Racing 2015

Great job by Massa today, shows the FW37 is decent again - I'm so glad the team is back in the top 3 teams were they belong still!
"In downforce we trust"

ChrisF1

joseff wrote:Who's going to replace him? Susie?

Can't replace a driver after qualification has taken place.

Hail22

Claire Williams will make an announcement in the next 20-25 minutes about whether or not Valteri will be racing today.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Moose

Hail22 wrote:Claire Williams will make an announcement in the next 20-25 minutes about whether or not Valteri will be racing today.
The fact that it needs an announcement implies that he is not. If he was racing they'd just put him in the car and say "yeh, it's just a bit of a glitch, he'll be fine" to Ted in the pit lane.