Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

He also found himself spun with destroyed tires.

Jordan44

Regardless of any incidents that may have affected their pace today it's still unacceptable for me and disappointing.

Red Bull Racing have a substantially bigger budget, more experienced personnel, the same engine as STR, better drivers and they're not streets ahead of Toro Rosso based on what we've seen so far. Their chassis doesn't look great.

The management of Red Bull has got to come into question. They've had a lot of people leave the team but it doesn't look to me like all of them have been replaced with the right people and it doesn't look like they want to take responsibility.

Personally I think the loss of Peter Prodromou has had a bigger impact on the team than people think.

Jolle
Jolle

Maybe... RedBull designed their cars around cleaver aero tricks (with mildly flexing the rules sometimes), now they get beaten by two solid packaged designed cars without obvious tricks. Time for a rework of management and design to make a solid design instead of hunting for loopholes.

aleks_ader

atlantis wrote:Horner said they had problems to the brakes because they switch manufacturer: which brakes are using RBs this year?
1st Renault fault, and now is brake fault? It seems that RB is a bit frustrated.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19995
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Jolle wrote:Maybe... RedBull designed their cars around cleaver aero tricks (with mildly flexing the rules sometimes), now they get beaten by two solid packaged designed cars without obvious tricks. Time for a rework of management and design to make a solid design instead of hunting for loopholes.
I think Redbull have to run with higher ride height now due to titanium skid blocks and with that rake the floor might not be generating downforce at low speeds as earlier and with driveability issues from the PU making it worse, but the car seem good on high speed corners and when running heavy with fuel. I might be wrong but this is what I think is effecting that car.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Jolle
Jolle

Silent Storm wrote:
Jolle wrote:Maybe... RedBull designed their cars around cleaver aero tricks (with mildly flexing the rules sometimes), now they get beaten by two solid packaged designed cars without obvious tricks. Time for a rework of management and design to make a solid design instead of hunting for loopholes.
I think Redbull have to run with higher ride height now due to titanium skid blocks and with that rake the floor might not be generating downforce at low speeds as earlier and with driveability issues from the PU making it worse, but the car seem good on high speed corners and when running heavy with fuel. I might be wrong but this is what I think is effecting that car.
I don't agree. The skidblocks don't add extra ride hight and RedBull always had the biggest rake.

RedBull have always been strong in generating lots of downforce at low and medium corners with blown difusers, flex wings and riding with so much rake because they had all the plank mounting screws at the front (with the FW on the ground).

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Jolle wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
I don't agree. The skidblocks don't add extra ride hight and RedBull always had the biggest rake.

RedBull have always been strong in generating lots of downforce at low and medium corners with blown difusers, flex wings and riding with so much rake because they had all the plank mounting screws at the front (with the FW on the ground).
Saw this in another thread that with titanium skidblocks they have to run higher ride height..

according to https://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2 ... ht-sparks/
Earlier this week at Silverstone, Charlie Whiting took questions from the press on a variety of topics, and his explanation of the substance and intention of the skid block regulation, when quizzed upon it by the BBC’s Andrew Benson, was fascinating.

The purpose of making them out of titanium is threefold: Firstly, it’s safer, because if they do come off they are about a third of the weight of the existing ones. Secondly, the titanium wears some 2-2.5 times more quickly than the metal currently used. Thus cars will have to be run a little bit higher to manage wear and teams won’t be able to drag them on the ground quite as much as they have in the past. The third effect is that you will see a lot more sparks, which some people think will look a little more spectacular.”
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Steven
Owner

aleks_ader wrote:
atlantis wrote:Horner said they had problems to the brakes because they switch manufacturer: which brakes are using RBs this year?
1st Renault fault, and now is brake fault? It seems that RB is a bit frustrated.

The team switched from Brembo to Carbone Industrie

lebesset
lebesset

any idea what they expected to gain ? less weight ? longer life ? more precise stopping ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mikeerfol

More brakedust for the moment :P

jericho

They weren't fast at the tests, not in Melbourne and not this weekend, so it's save to say they have a lot of work to do!! The Torro Rosso is faster, for now..

aleks_ader

Steven wrote:
aleks_ader wrote:

The team switched from Brembo to Carbone Industrie

source? This change was probably stipulated by the drivers.

According M Brundle from Skysports Carbon industries brakes provide much more initial stopping power than Brembo. But on other hand Brembo provide much more linear brake respone witch is idal in the wet conditions.

Further i think beacuse both cars sufer same brake issues this most be design flaw. We know that RB had made front blowing nut recently. And in those severly hot altought very hummid condition brake and CFD engineers caugth by suprise.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

SectorOne

We could definitely see a lot of brake dust getting blown out during braking phases so i can buy a theory that they had to manage the brakes a bit.
But still, STR has built a pretty good car this year.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

djos

FoxHound wrote:
Juzh wrote:Ric said in an interview FW damage was hurting him a lot.
Why not change it then? Kvyat had no such problems and he too found himself beaten by both Torro Rosso's.
Changing a front wing is likely to cost even more time - it was feasible back in the refueling days but unless it's snapped in half imo it's just not worth it if you can still score points with the damage.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

mikeerfol wrote:More brakedust for the moment :P
The RedBull's sure were producing a lot of brake dust in the last 10 laps, I was waiting for a disc to explode!
"In downforce we trust"