Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
godlameroso

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

markp wrote:Why are Ferrari closer to Merc here? The car looks the same as Australia. Know one has picked up on anything looking different, not even a mistaken shadow to take a few pages of the thread up. The engine is the same hardware wise as no news more tokens spent. Were they running on lesser settings last time to look through the data after a full competitive outing then just turned it up. Button on Sky said its as simple as turning a switch on the wheel for McLaren. The only other thing is refining the engine mappings. Does the car appear to be putting the power down smoother this weekend?
The track is different, it asks different things from the car, here there are no chicanes, only constant radius turns, braking is relatively straight forward except for the braking for the double apex right, the right hander before the start of the 3rd sector and the decreasing radius turn before the back straight. In Melbourne you had a low grip surface, trail braking was difficult and essential, plus there were a lot of low to medium speed chicanes.

I was watching the BBC qualifying program where they analyze Hamilton Vs Raikkonen laps in P3, I was amazed that Hamilton's advantage was only from the exit of 6 to the entry of 7, somewhere in those two corners Hamilton managed to gain four tenths, on the Ferrari
Saishū kōnā

GoranF1

Darren Heath ‏@F1Photographer 14m14 minutes ago
Hearing rumours of high #Ferrari fuel flow rate... #MalaysiaGP #F1
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

FW17

James Alison interview wit BBC

Adding more power, more down-force not a problem, but affects Handling (guess He partly means drivablity).

Jolle

Don't know why, but on all 4 Ferrari 2015 engines the spark plugs were changed in parc ferme after qualifying. Some new engine setting with difference in qualifing and race?

Silent Storm

Jolle wrote:Don't know why, but on all 4 Ferrari 2015 engines the spark plugs were changed in parc ferme after qualifying. Some new engine setting with difference in qualifing and race?
Ferrari used to do that last year too.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

timbo

Silent Storm wrote:
Jolle wrote:Don't know why, but on all 4 Ferrari 2015 engines the spark plugs were changed in parc ferme after qualifying. Some new engine setting with difference in qualifing and race?
How often? Makes idea of ferro-organic additives in fuel all more plausible.

Jolle

Silent Storm wrote:
They didn't do it at the first race, and I can't find the parc ferme listings from 2014 so quickly. Maybe something to do with the rain

Jolle

Silent Storm wrote:
They didn't do it at the first race, and I can't find the parc ferme listings from 2014 so quickly. Maybe something to do with the rain

f1316

https://twitter.com/joseluisf1/status/5 ... 4574487552 '@ joseluisf1 : James Allison says they had an innovative cooling package they put and avoid them having to ' open' the body of the car'

F1NAC

f1316 wrote:https://twitter.com/joseluisf1/status/5 ... 4574487552 '@ joseluisf1 : James Allison says they had an innovative cooling package they put and avoid them having to ' open' the body of the car'
But the car has normal openings like other cars?

Silent Storm

Jolle wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
I remember them changing it after 2-3 races sometimes on both cars.

Silent Storm

F1NAC wrote:
f1316 wrote:https://twitter.com/joseluisf1/status/5 ... 4574487552

'@ joseluisf1 : James Allison says they had an innovative cooling package they put and avoid them having to ' open' the body of the car'
But the car has normal openings like other cars?
It means they can have a sidepod cover which is longer to keep flow attach and run smaller sidepod inlet and in hot conditions like today they don't need small outlets as seen on Mclaren and Williams.

PlatinumZealot

They also went with a high density radiators for this year.
Vettel guessed that the MErcedes may not be able to use all of its power when the temperature is hot... it is possibly true... the Merc engined cars did not look as strong on the straights at all.

An another note. The Blade nose is not a disadvantage as I was explaining in the redbull thread. it has many benefits when compared to the short nose design.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

wesley123

If they didn't have to alter their cooling package(either by adding slots or whatever other way) for a hotter race like this then that means that they are running a bit too much cooling for lower temperature events.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Vary

wesley123 wrote:If they didn't have to alter their cooling package(either by adding slots or whatever other way) for a hotter race like this then that means that they are running a bit too much cooling for lower temperature events.
Maybe they brought it only this weekend so they were able to mantain the same cooling exits as Australia... If this is the case we'll find out more in the next races