Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Andres125sx

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

I wonder the reason someone downvoted my last post... I always reply to those posts I downvote to clarify the reason I downvoted, but looks like some people don´t think those are good manners

I guess some people enjoy bashing McLaren and/or Alonso and don´t like when someone point him some facts about current situation...

Maybe it´s false that Alonso won 11 GPs with Ferrari?

Or maybe it´s false that he left Ferrari because winning GPs was not enough for him and he wants to win titles?

Maybe someone told him McLaren-Honda would win from first GP?

Or it could be that he think 61ºC of track temperature is common and Ferrari will win regulary?

Andres125sx

Interesting, thanks!

From first page of that link
Jacky Eeckelaert wrote:That said, it's still too early to say if Ferrari can emerge as a real challenger for this year's title, especially since the excessive heat in Malaysia, with track temperatures reaching 62°C, may have been a disadvantage for Mercedes. Temperatures in China will certainly be a lot lower.
Looks like I´m not that crazy

Gettingonabit

Andres125sx wrote:I wonder the reason someone downvoted my last post... I always reply to those posts I downvote to clarify the reason I downvoted, but looks like some people don´t think those are good manners...........
I cant see why you or anyone else for that matter worry so much about 'down votes', just ignore them! What do they really mean, anyone like to explain? Someone just doesn't like what you have written - so what, you're entitled to your opinion. :x

I cant see the point of them on a 'serious' forum and would prefer to rely on the discretion of the moderators should there be the need to pull someone back in line.

mrluke

Gettingonabit wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:I wonder the reason someone downvoted my last post... I always reply to those posts I downvote to clarify the reason I downvoted, but looks like some people don´t think those are good manners...........
I cant see why you or anyone else for that matter worry so much about 'down votes', just ignore them! What do they really mean, anyone like to explain? Someone just doesn't like what you have written - so what, you're entitled to your opinion. :x

I cant see the point of them on a 'serious' forum and would prefer to rely on the discretion of the moderators should there be the need to pull someone back in line.
I would downvote if somebody is presenting as fact something that is wrong. I would use as a "dont trust this post(er)" flag.

Other people might just disagree with what has been said but I wouldnt downvote for that. And no it wasnt me :)

Gaz.

Gettingonabit wrote:

I wouldn't usually have an issue with votes aside from two things - 2 downvotes = post is hidden and on my phone I can't unhide the post and you can bet your bottom dollar that it was probably a good post that a fanboy disagreed with, such as one of Fox's in the RBR Team thread the other night.
My other issue is once someone is in negative numbers then even the good stuff they post seems to be downvoted further. Initially it was a really good idea but atleast two groups have 'gamed' the voting system so they could silence others that they disagree with.

Edit- sorry, to keep this MH2015 relevent: I was massively surprised by their progress this weekend, given their heat issues in 7C Barcelona and 15C Melbourne I thought they coped far better than expected in 33C Sepang as tbh I didn't think they would fare well on the parade lap and the wait on the grid.

They should be a major contender for a decent haul of points in Monaco, perhaps a double top 6 finish?
Forza Jules

Andres125sx

mrluke wrote:I would downvote if somebody is presenting as fact something that is wrong.
Agree, it´d be downvoted as factually incorrect
mrluke wrote:I would use as a "dont trust this post(er)" flag.
That´s the point of ratings, or at least that´s how I see it too
mrluke wrote:Other people might just disagree with what has been said but I wouldnt downvote for that.
Agree again, disagreeing is fine and doesn´t deserve a downvote. Forums are for discussing, and that implies disagreeing.

Downvotes should be used for one of the reasons wich are displayed when you hit the downvote button, factually incorrect, fan frenzy, unfounded or ranting

IMO it´s an useful tool. For example, when I read some GP thread there are maybe 20 pages I didn´t read. I take a quick look reading only those posts from members with good ratings. I know I´ll miss some useful reply from some member with bad reputation, but generally speaking it´s a good filter IMO

Gettingonabit

So if I read this right, anyone can give me a down vote if they choose to do so, whether they are in the right or not, and this means my post is then hidden to all and everyone else? Surely not! :x

Gaz.

Gettingonabit wrote:So if I read this right, anyone can give me a down vote if they choose to do so, whether they are in the right or not, and this means my post is then hidden to all and everyone else? Surely not! :x
Yes, you need a certain number of points then you can downvote someone, it's supposed to be just the reasons listed in the drop down menu (even if ineligible to vote you can see the options) but if you say you like the colour red and two people downvote you because blue is obviously the better colour then your post is hidden.
Forza Jules

Gettingonabit

Gaz. wrote:
Gettingonabit wrote:So if I read this right, anyone can give me a down vote if they choose to do so, whether they are in the right or not, and this means my post is then hidden to all and everyone else? Surely not! :x
Yes, you need a certain number of points then you can downvote someone, it's supposed to be just the reasons listed in the drop down menu (even if ineligible to vote you can see the options) but if you say you like the colour red and two people downvote you because blue is obviously the better colour then your post is hidden.
Thanks for the explanation, I now know what its all about but its not something that interests me and can honestly say I wont use it ever, its too open to misuse and abuse just like other social media.

I think we should get back on topic - yes?

Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:I wonder the reason someone downvoted my last post... I always reply to those posts I downvote to clarify the reason I downvoted, but looks like some people don´t think those are good manners

I guess some people enjoy bashing McLaren and/or Alonso and don´t like when someone point him some facts about current situation...

Maybe it´s false that Alonso won 11 GPs with Ferrari?

Or maybe it´s false that he left Ferrari because winning GPs was not enough for him and he wants to win titles?

Maybe someone told him McLaren-Honda would win from first GP?

Or it could be that he think 61ºC of track temperature is common and Ferrari will win regulary?
some people's voting makes absolute zero sense at all. i just got downvoted for a post made 4 months ago
on the speculation thread how to improve F1 shows.
Manoah2u wrote: 100KG fuel per race to 150KG fuel per race, use standard fuel (92-98 octane), and have bigger and wider tires at the back.

Easy fix, huge results.
reason given: "unfounded" #-o

Personally i think 'downvoting' a post would be enough to use it to 'hide' a post unless you click on it when there's some genuine uncalled for reply in there. Like how a raindrop from tokyo means that vettel, alonso and hamilton are better drivers then your driver and because of that bernie is a tw*t. Perhaps it would be better not to show a 'points system', but rather keep it to needing for example 4 downvotes on a post to hide it automatically, but not use points to a member personally.

In some cases it makes sense, like when a member does some insightfull research, has a bloody good idea, shares some rare things/pictures whatever. In that sense a '+1' makes sense becuase this member took the effort of posting it [ could not have done that just as or much easier ], and you could argue it would be in place to 'thank' the member for this.

all in all, it's a merry go round.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

windwaves wrote:hmmm, kind of interesting to see how facts so far obviously legitimate my previously made observations of the disastrous start to Honda McLaren new adventure in F1.

Button himself today saying that the most important thing is for them to accumulate data, something that interestingly enough I had pointed out several weeks ago as a huge problem from the complete failure during pre-season testing.

Very good. Hopefully some here will learn to be more cautious when commenting on posts that are pretty much mere observation of facts.

So who is laughing now Alonso or Vettel ?

OMG I feel bad for Alonso, what a bad decision, of course, it truly was not predictable that McLaren would be where it is now, just like it was unpredictable to see Ferrari win so soon if at all, nonetheless it is catastrophic for both driver and team. Don't you think ?

I think everyone should know that the only reason that Ferrari won is cause of the heat and Merc screwed up pitting when they did. In China, we'll be back to normal.

If I could see that the F14-T was only a major PU upgrade away from a big step forward, Alonso could see it too. Yet, he still choose to leave.

r_b_l

diffuser wrote:
I think everyone should know that the only reason that Ferrari won is cause of the heat and Merc screwed up pitting when they did. In China, we'll be back to normal.
I'm sure the majority of unbiased fans would agree this will be the case in China.

Its just a pity we have had almost a monopoly over WCC in the past few years, it would be nice to see Merc, Ferrari, Williams & Redbull battle the WCC out and many unbiased fans want this & its also why the media are speculating that it might be a two horse race.

I hope I am wrong, but I think this Ferrari victory will be an outlier by the end of the season.

hpras

Ummm... McLaren??? Honda??? Somewhat OT???

noname

diffuser wrote:I think everyone should know that the only reason that Ferrari won is cause of the heat and Merc screwed up pitting when they did. In China, we'll be back to normal.
Ferrari was fast enough to exploit Merc's mishaps and/or weakness of their challenger.