Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

It is the right time, but espcially the right day :wink: , to reveal some numbers:

Last edited by CAEdevice on 01 Apr 2015, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote:Is that using AWS?
What is AWS? ;)

variante

Matteo, those Cl and Cl.A values are very strange...

BTW Very good downforce level and excelllent efficiency!

MadMatt

Haha yes there is something wrong with these numbers. Not on earth you can achieve that level of downforce and efficiency. My little finger tells me 01.04.15! ;)

CAEdevice

I was hoping that someone would have quoted the message to see the picture's name! (MadMatt your suspect is correct).

variante

MadMatt wrote:Not on earth you can achieve that level of downforce and efficiency
Why not? Just optimization work...

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
MadMatt wrote:Not on earth you can achieve that level of downforce and efficiency
Why not? Just optimization work...
... or a fan above the gearbox!

variante

No way eh..? :lol:

(Impressive photoshop skills!)

Moving on... About the 10mm rule: i thought that was an indicative number as being forced to respect it in every area would make the car slightly hideous in some areas... So, should we reconsider the limits of its application (for the next rounds, obviously)?
The reasons for the change would be two: aesthetics and design freedom. Performance wise, i think it wouldn't make any actual difference.

Thoughts?

CAEdevice

It would be reasonable to exclude from the 10mm thickness the vertical fences, but the mesher is already critical...

LVDH

Hi guys,

as I have finally submitted a car today (I am still heavily working and I wonder when the real deadline will be), I would like to take the time to introduce myself.

I am André, a CFD Engineer who likes racecars way too much. Luckily I have had the chance to work on various projects in BTCC, WTCC, WRC, MotoGP and Nascar.

Recently I decided to start my own company to provide CFD expertise. I am using my KVRC car to see in how far this challenge will not only be fun but help promote my company. Have a look at the eye-candy. I hope my homepage will be up soon.

Last edited by LVDH on 01 Apr 2015, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:Hi guys,

as I have finally submitted a car today (I am still heavily working and I wonder when the real deadline will be), I would like to take the time to introduce myself.

I am André, a CFD Engineer who likes racecars way too much. Luckily I have had the chance to work on various projects in BTCC, WTCC, WRC, MotoGP and Nascar.

Recently I decided to start my own company to provide CFD expertise. I using my KVRC car to see in how far this challenge will not only be fun but help promote my company. Have a look at the eye-candy. I hope my homepage will be up soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zakdkaf0y009f ... l.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qhog7j5w026d ... l.png?dl=0
hello Andrè , is great news to have a competitor so qualified ! Your car is simple but looks very efficient .

crxdave

When is the cut-off for the first race submissions, is it 23:59 on 01/04/15 or is it on 02/04/2015?

cdsavage

crxdave wrote:When is the cut-off for the first race submissions, is it 23:59 on 01/04/15 or is it on 02/04/2015?
I'm double-checking with Julien, but I believe we're setting the cutoff at the end of the 2nd, GMT (a little over 24 hours away).

cdsavage

We now have entries from:
MercuryMotorsport
CAEdevice
BrookMotorsport
Variante
PurePowerRacingTeam
JJRRacing
DHRacing
MantiumRacing
TF

There's about 3 hours left until the entry for round 1 will be closing.