Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

Merhi says the new car with 2015 engine should be ready for Spa.

turbof1

Very logical choice. It's the eleventh race, meaning that's normally the race where the 3th allocation of the PU will be used. It's also right after the summer break, giving some time to prepare the car.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Dave Richards of ProDrive, a guest of Fitzpatrick in Bahrain...

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

Jonnycraig wrote:Dave Richards of ProDrive, a guest of Fitzpatrick in Bahrain...
It would be interesting if Prodrive got involved.

FW17

TzeiTzei wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Dave Richards of ProDrive, a guest of Fitzpatrick in Bahrain...
And kick John Booth and Graham Lowdon out

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

TzeiTzei wrote:
Got a freshly vacated factory in Banbury going spare too...

multisync
multisync

Jonnycraig wrote:
TzeiTzei wrote:
their new facility the other side of the roundabout is much larger

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Marussias old factory was only at the 28,000sqft marker. Prodrives new all encompassing facility is at 110,000sqft and has been built for future expansion and projects. They also have more than enough land to build more buildings if needed.

Id like to think they may use the Prodrive facility for a year or so until Manor get their Silverstone base built as i understand they have bought land around Silverstone somewhere to build a purpose built and bespoke factory for them, the plan I heard is that they are planning an around 50,000q ft facility to run a GP3 team and maybe a couple of other formula series cars from.

Something is happening here. We do know that Prodrive had a failed entry in 2008. Richards has something still to prove in F1. Weather or not its as part of a investment in Manor or something else, its going to be a interesting sub story to follow.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

there's still a 'minor' detail that cannot be taken lightly; Prodrive and Ferrari do not go hand-in-hand.

Prodrive [ Aston Martin ] will use Mercedes engines [ Aston Martin uses AMG engines ]. There will never be anything
Aston Martin paired with Ferrari. So, if Manor becomes Prodrive, it can only be with Mercedes engines.
Prodrive additionally also is paired with Mclaren, so that's another no-go for ferrari engines.
The only other partner of Prodrive is VW, but we all know VW's conditions regarding F1 at this point, even though
things could change when Pfiech is replaced. But that's another story alltogether.
Either way, Prodrive = Mercedes AMG or perhaps VW/Audi. It will never be anything 'Ferrari'.

Even though that doesn't meant it's impossible at all that Manor will become Prodrive but, it will first of all not be this year, and there are things to concern whether it's reasonable alltogether that it would happen next year: there is offcourse the 'minor' issue that Manor is working on their 2015 car with a 2015 Ferrari unit.

investing time and money here to ditch the Ferrari unit for a Merc unit in 2016 would be....illogical.
Furthermore, the 2015 Ferrari unit is a genuinly good engine, so it makes sense to develop into the 2015 spec car.

Ferrari 'enjoys' the use of having a B-spec team on the grid; even though Sauber is a good addition too, they've never
really been a b-team to Ferrari. Manor has nothing to lose and only to gain, so there's lots to try and use on the Manor
cars. After all, Haas isn't yet around and i'm still curious on whether we're really going to see them on the grid of 2016.

Furhtermore, will Merc be willing to supply another team? I've actually got my doubts about this. I wouldn't even be surprised if they'd say no we're not supplying more teams, we have enough and this is how we keep it.

Since there is no way in life ever that Aston Martin will accept Ferrari engines in their 'indirect' F1 foray, then no, I cannot see Prodrive taking over Manor, honestly.

I do wonder what happened with that Caterham grid slot. is it now worthless and simply vanished in thin air? Did anybody get a hold of that? And if so, because not participating this season, is the grid position now 'unvalid' or can it be still used for 2016?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I forgot about that point of Aston/Ferrari and Aston/AMG.

The Caterham entry has disappeared. Its gone.

Id like to see 12 permanent two car teams on the grid as well as 2 regional two car teams and 2 regional single car teams. Ive always said that giving the regional teams 7 races each with Monaco being the only race no European Regional team enters. The regional teams have 21 test days in season allowance to improve their package and provide younger drivers with experience with F1 machinery.

Basically, the races the regional teams would have:

European: Spain, Austria, France, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy
Asian: Malaysia, China, Bahrain, Singapore, Japan, Russia, Abu Dhabi (Russia included for Logistical reasons)
Austro-American/UK: Australia, Canada, American, Great Britain, USA, Mexico, Brazilian (Great Britain included for Logistical reasons and to even up the 7 race ratio)

That way F1 will have more entries and also a sort of Promotion/Relegation thing going on. 28 cars going into every Qualifying session, with the best 24 going through to the race? Who isn't excited about that?

The list of potential entries i have heard for 2016/2017 is as follows:

Forza Rossa
Kolles
Prodrive/Aston
Audi/VAG

All are interested, but all for different reasons and with different agendas.

I think theres a sub plot for more teams to enter F1, but all teams to be within 2-3 seconds in Q1. Its the only way that F1 can be truly healthy i think.

R_Redding
R_Redding

If Bernie's asked (by Eddie Jordan).."Do you want them (Manor) there" ...and Bernie replys "Not particularly"

Would you invest in Manor ?.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32368789 at 1 min onward.

Rob

MichaelAngelo
MichaelAngelo

Jonnycraig wrote:
TzeiTzei wrote:
I thought the old Prodrive factory was being flattened for a retail development?

joetoml1n

Jonnycraig wrote:
TzeiTzei wrote:
Haas have that factory actually.

MichaelAngelo
MichaelAngelo

Got a freshly vacated factory in Banbury going spare too...[/quote]

Haas have that factory actually.[/quote]

Haas is in the old Marussia factory, not the the old Prodrive factory.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Merhi confirms he is likely not returning with Manor as he has no money.

Says John Booth fought for him to get the drive when Manors owners wanted a paydriver.

Says that whilst Stevens has been privately funding external simulator time, he has been watching YouTube videos and using the Playstation to learn tracks.

Also says that his seat was deformed during transit from China to Bahrain and they could only patch it up during the weekend.

http://www.thebestf1.es/algo-pasa-con-roberto-merhi/#