(KVRC15) TF_SP

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AratzH

(KVRC15) TF_SP

Hi all!

I think it is a good time to unveil my entry for this years KVRC 15. It is still way of being fully optimized but I need data from the first entry to center a little bit my simulations.

As allways all comments are welcome!
MVRC -> TF

Daliracing

Re: (KVRC15) TF_SP

Wow nice car! it looks pretty fast :D

CAEdevice

Interesting project!

Are there some inlet (coolling) in front of the rear fenders? The cooling outlets are that rectangles above the diffuser?

machin

Cool! Looks very much like a real LMP1... Will be interesting to see how it compares to something like Variante's car....
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

AratzH

They could be inlets, but the rules state that only one inlet per side is possible. Actually is a geometric result of the operations that made the rear fenders :P

Regarding the outlets you are correct Matteo!
MVRC -> TF

MadMatt

Nice one! Finally someone with swan type rear wing mount and shorter rear deck!

AratzH

So after the not so good results of race 1, I present the second iteration of the TF_SP LMP. I did change the whole desing concept from front wing to front diffusser, new rear wing and endplates and more agressive location of the mandatory inlets-outlets and other anciliaries.

As usual some pictures:

Simulations sugest almost twice the downforce for a similar amount of drag (something I quite doubt haha) but it should be an improvement.

Anyway coments are very welcome!
MVRC -> TF

machin

Oooo.... That's different... I like the look of it....

Is that front fairing hiding something like the diffusers we saw at the rear of the top three entries from last round......?!

COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

wesley123

I sense some inspiration from the Toyota GT-One
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

AratzH

Actually the GT-One was a big source of inspiration at least concept-wise. But making that concept work was harder than I thought.
Regarding the front diffuser the idea (and the profile) are similar to the rear one. The main difference is the way (or the place) air is extracted. I did try most options: over the sidepots, to the side even flow trhough.
We will have to see how it compares with the front wing concept in terms of downforce and drag.
MVRC -> TF

variante

Brilliant design! So elegant that it could be sold as a production supercar :D (excellet CAD skills too!)

I like the solution you've adopted for those cooling inlets, though a smoother transition might have helped the airflow to the rear end.

You're fighting for the podium now, aren't you? Good luck

AratzH

Thanks Variante! I hope I can fight for the podium :P
MVRC -> TF

AratzH

New race and I hope some step forward. I have revised front and rear diffuser, cooling and rear wing. All minor changes but they should improve downforce a little.

Now the pictures!

As usual all coments are welcome!
MVRC -> TF

CAEdevice

Your design is becoming more and more interesting. I noticed that you have vortex generators on the front wing.

variante

It looks like you've abandoned many solutions from your last model. The most visible change, however, is the introduction of a JJR-like cooling inlet...have you tested both solutions and found out that his was the best, or have you made that choice intuitively? (my B-spec model, imposed by the new regulations, will probably feature those inlets, even though i'm trying to think to a different yet equally effective solution, for originality's sake...)

Nice model, anyway! If your diffuser's updates work, you're a candidate for the best performing rear end (i shall advice you that i've got many updates on that side :D)
Seriously, it would be interesting to understand where you rear end performance comes from...how much the undisturbed flow coming from the front increase the rear downforce?