GPDA survey

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: GPDA survey

PlatinumZealot

Who is going to interpret all those results? Carmen? I hear the ladies are good at repetitive tasks. lol
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Henne

PlatinumZealot wrote:Who is going to interpret all those results? Carmen? I hear the ladies are good at repetitive tasks. lol
Well we do live in an era where computers do the computing... :)

CBeck113

Don't jump to conclusions about the context of the survey too quickly. I believe that it was very much thought through, and one of the main goals being a test of the "fan" how long he can/will concentrate on the survey itself. They can count the starts and finished, and then see the attention span (or willingness to suffer through repetitive events, like a car race) of the survey taker. They will certainly use the answers themselves, but also the "additional data" like time spent to profile the survey takers. That's the nice thing about data - it's always a double-edged knife. I work in the complaint department and am responsible for analysing the data from the complaints as well as survey results. If you stick to the black and white you're usually missing the point, the real information about your customers come from their behavior during the interaction.
โ€œStrange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!โ€ Monty Python and the Holy Grail

BanMeToo

Well said. I wonder if they've tracked how long someone spends on the survey. Since I did it during a busy day at work we're talking approx 7 hours :P

GPR-A duplicate2

Full Formula 1 fan survey results revealed

Full order

1 Lewis Hamilton
2 Kimi Raikkonen
3 Fernando Alonso
= Jenson Button
5 Sebastian Vettel
6 No favourite
7 Daniel Ricciardo
8 Valtteri Bottas
9 Felipe Massa
10 Nico Rosberg
11 Max Verstappen
12 Nico Hulkenberg
13 Romain Grosjean
14 Marcus Ericsson
15 Daniil Kvyat
16 Sergio Perez
17 Felipe Nasr
18 Carlos Sainz Jr
19 Pastor Maldonado
20 Will Stevens
21 Roberto Merhi

Full order

1 Ferrari
2 McLaren
3 No favourite
4 Williams
5 Mercedes
6 Red Bull
7 Lotus
8 Force India
9 Sauber
10 Toro Rosso
11 Manor

Full order

1 Belgium
2 Monaco
3 Canada
4 Great Britain
5 Italy
6 No favourite
7 Hungary
8 USA
9 Brazil
10 Japan
11 Singapore
12 Australia
13 Abu Dhabi
14 Austria
15 Bahrain
16 Spain
17 Malaysia
18 China
19 Russia
20 Mexico

Do you think teams should be allowed to run third cars?

Yes 26.5%
Yes but only for young drivers 39.5%
No 28.2%
No opinion 5.7%

Do you think F1 should abolish the rule about running two specs of tyre compound in the race?

Yes 52.3%
No 37.5%
No opinion 10.2%

Should F1 ban testing and use Fridays as an open test day instead?

Yes 34.4%
No 50.1%
No opinion 15.6%

Do you agree with having a two-tier F1 race that has manufacturers competing in a different class to independent teams with a spec engine or chassis?

Yes 18.9%
No 70.5%
No opinion 10.7%

Do you think F1 has to be environmentally friendly?

Yes 41.1%
No 50.9%
No opinion 8%

Do you think it's important that Formula 1 is at the cutting edge of technology?

Yes 90.1%
No 7.6%
No opinion 2.2%

Would you like to see an open tyre formula to allow rival companies to compete against each other?

Yes 77.9%
No 15.3%
No opinion 6.9%

Would you be happy to see F1 become a spec series using identical chassis and engine, like GP2, in a bit to reduce costs?

Yes 9.6%
No 86%
No opinion 4.4%

Is it important that F1 engines are capable of producing over 1000bhp?

Yes 48.1%
No 37.9%
No opinion 14.1%

Would you favour slowing outright performance of F1 cars down to promote better racing?

Yes 21.3%
No 69.1%
No opinion 9.7%

Tim.Wright

While not conclusive, this info is at least coherent with my belief that everyone thinks that anything new and current is shรฌt and the best era was the one that they watched growing up...
What is your age?

Under 18 3.9%
18-40 59.3%
41-60 27.3%
61+ 9.4%

Most of the survey participants were born between 1975 and 1997 and that happens to coincide with the most popular decades in F1
Not the engineer at Force India

Facts Only

Tim.Wright wrote:While not conclusive, this info is at least coherent with my belief that everyone thinks that anything new and current is shรฌt and the best era was the one that they watched growing up...
Absolutely.

Also what also makes these surveys pointless is that people cant align their ideaological beliefs with what actually makes them watch. A majority of people are saying they want refuelling, a tyre war and open technical regs (and thus a spending war) which will mean smaller grids with larger performance deficits and more dominant teams, which is everything that turns people off from watching.

They were asking questions about the causes and not the effects, the questions should have been more like "which is more important to your viewing, close racing, lap times or open technical regulations?"

Lastly that favourite driver question sits there like a big steaming turd, anyone who answered that question should have had all their other answers stricken from the record as surely nobody over the age of 5 would think that is a useful question. What are they going to do, strip the superlicences from the 3 least popular drivers and give them to Tom Cruise, Jeremy Clarkson and Kanye West instead? (or whoever is popular these days)
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Tim.Wright

I think a lot of the responses are useful commercially ($$$) - especially when drivers are involved.
Not the engineer at Force India

Sniffit

Facts Only wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:While not conclusive, this info is at least coherent with my belief that everyone thinks that anything new and current is shรฌt and the best era was the one that they watched growing up...
Absolutely.

Also what also makes these surveys pointless is that people cant align their ideaological beliefs with what actually makes them watch. A majority of people are saying they want refuelling, a tyre war and open technical regs (and thus a spending war) which will mean smaller grids with larger performance deficits and more dominant teams
Not if they change the current financial distribution model.

PlatinumZealot

GPR-A wrote:Full Formula 1 fan survey results revealed

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editori ... 016556.jpg
Full order

1 Lewis Hamilton
2 Kimi Raikkonen
3 Fernando Alonso
= Jenson Button
5 Sebastian Vettel
6 No favourite
7 Daniel Ricciardo
8 Valtteri Bottas
9 Felipe Massa
10 Nico Rosberg
11 Max Verstappen
12 Nico Hulkenberg
13 Romain Grosjean
14 Marcus Ericsson
15 Daniil Kvyat
16 Sergio Perez
17 Felipe Nasr
18 Carlos Sainz Jr
19 Pastor Maldonado
20 Will Stevens
21 Roberto Merhi

B but but! Sky told me Alonso, Raikkonen and Button were the most popular!

PlatinumZealot

What is your age?

Under 18 3.9%
18-40 59.3%
41-60 27.3%
61+ 9.4%

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editori ... 017716.jpg
Most of the survey participants were born between 1975 and 1997 and that happens to coincide with the most popular decades in F1
Yeah. This is why the 2017 regulations will have the cars looking like 1990's cars too.

Schuttelberg

Who in their right mind would advocate a return of re-fuelling? It's such an overtake killer, not to mention, it's dangerous and expensive.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

SectorOne

Schuttelberg wrote:Who in their right mind would advocate a return of re-fuelling?
Intelligent peeps.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"