2015 Canadian Grand Prix - 5-7 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2015 Canadian Grand Prix - 5-7 June

SectorOne wrote:since Monaco thread is closed,
https://twitter.com/AlanPermane/status/ ... 7203928065

Good thing they've got a lot of time for twitter, expect badly assembled Lotus cars in Canada. I was beginning to think it was Grosjean that crashed into Verstappen and got 5 places penalty but now that they "cleared" that up I'm relieved #-o.

Youhavebeendunn

I will be working at the race!

dans79

I'm going to be at the race, got hair pin seats this year.
197 104 103 7

iotar__

Youhavebeendunn wrote:I will be working at the race!
Cool.
Everyone's going and I can't :cry: .

SiLo

Love this track, always some great racing here. If only Tilke would design some circuits that focus less on downforce and more on speed...
Felipe Baby!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

The exact type of flex the new test is aimed at.

Mandrake
Mandrake

SectorOne wrote:Biggest question is if the part-time fan Mandrake will watch this race or not?
Maybe only one overtake all race? Total disaster amirite?

-

Let´s hope Mercedes don´t go conservative on the brakes this time, so we can finish what was started in 2014.
Wow, I'm honoured to be mentioned on page 4 of this thread already :) You are lucky I read into this thread this early, might have overlooked it. By the way, if you are interested in what I am going to do you can always drop me a pm. Hell, depending on where you are at we could even watch the race together :) I just wonder where that part time fan came from....I haven't missed more than 3 races since 1999 when Schumacher broke his leg in Silverstone. And if you look at the date of registration for both you and me, I am a couple of years ahead.....

Canada is a nice track and has delivered fun races in recent years. There is soon going to be a proper version of the track available for Assetto Corsa, it's on my "to download" list.

Vasconia

dren wrote:Hands down the best F1 race I have watched; 2011 Canadian GP.

The Williams were competitive here last year but they don't seem to have the long straight advantage they had last year. I think they'll be back up in Q3 but still a ways off of Ferrari. Lotus and Sauber should be a bit more competitive again too.
And Force India. Well, its easier to say that all the cars without a Renault and Honda power unit will be stronger there. :mrgreen:

f1316
f1316

But in fairness you would have said it would be a weak race for Renault last year and they won (and were therefore best of the rest even without Mercedes problems).

Still, you're right. Gazzeta still insisting Ferrari will have a PU update worth 30 hp which, presuming Mercedes doesn't make similar strides, could throw them right into genuine competitiveness on this kind of track. Would be great to see, particularly with vettel still in touch in wdc.

SiLo

f1316 wrote:But in fairness you would have said it would be a weak race for Renault last year and they won (and were therefore best of the rest even without Mercedes problems).

Still, you're right. Gazzeta still insisting Ferrari will have a PU update worth 30 hp which, presuming Mercedes doesn't make similar strides, could throw them right into genuine competitiveness on this kind of track. Would be great to see, particularly with vettel still in touch in wdc.
He can thank Mercedes for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

mods please dont hurt me
Felipe Baby!

SectorOne

Mandrake wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Biggest question is if the part-time fan Mandrake will watch this race or not?

-

Let´s hope Mercedes don´t go conservative on the brakes this time, so we can finish what was started in 2014.
Wow, I'm honoured to be mentioned on page 4 of this thread already :) You are lucky I read into this thread this early, might have overlooked it. By the way, if you are interested in what I am going to do you can always drop me a pm. Hell, depending on where you are at we could even watch the race together :) I just wonder where that part time fan came from....I haven't missed more than 3 races since 1999 when Schumacher broke his leg in Silverstone. And if you look at the date of registration for both you and me, I am a couple of years ahead.....

Canada is a nice track and has delivered fun races in recent years. There is soon going to be a proper version of the track available for Assetto Corsa, it's on my "to download" list.
Just watching the starts then visiting the forum does not really count as watching a race Mandrake.
Is the date of registration tied into how long one has watched F1? Thats news to me! :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo

SectorOne wrote:
Mandrake wrote:

-

Just watching the starts then visiting the forum does not really count as watching a race Mandrake.
Is the date of registration tied into how long one has watched F1? Thats news to me! :)
Does that mean I missed all those races from 1996 to a few years ago? :|
Felipe Baby!

Jordan44

I'm failing to understand why Mercedes would go conservative on the brakes. Their brake issue only happened because of the ERS failure, obviously they'll concentrate on not loosing 3-4 seconds a lap due to overheating their systems rather than the brakes failing.

Thinking back now it's astonishing that Nico Rosberg was inches away from winning that race despite how slow they were for 20+ laps of the race. Shows just how dominant they were last year.

SiLo

J0rd4n wrote:I'm failing to understand why Mercedes would go conservative on the brakes. Their brake issue only happened because of the ERS failure, obviously they'll concentrate on not loosing 3-4 seconds a lap due to overheating their systems rather than the brakes failing.

Thinking back now it's astonishing that Nico Rosberg was inches away from winning that race despite how slow they were for 20+ laps of the race. Shows just how dominant they were last year.
Could have had a 1-2 if they had told Hamilton to hold station. Ironically he would have had more points too.
Felipe Baby!

Mandrake
Mandrake

SectorOne wrote:Just watching the starts then visiting the forum does not really count as watching a race Mandrake.
The first seasons I can partly remember are the 1994 / 1995 seasons. Before that I was too young, or lost my memory, dunno ;) The date of registration was just mentioned as a hint that, weirdly for a part time fan, I am an active member of this community since 2010, after lurking for 2 years or so.

Where did I say that I only watch the start and then head to the forums? (Other than for the Monaco race?) In general my interest has just faded with the last season and the biggest domination ever combined with super boring stuff happening around that I have experienced. Yes I know that in the 2000ers MSC domination was probably as big and that in the 70s and 80s there was utter domination as well. But guess what, there are videos of races on youtube and justin.tv which are even today with no relevance MUCH more interesting to watch than what we have in 2014/15. Even if MSC is driving away with 2s a lap, he does so in style and it sounds and looks baddass quick. Today, it doesn't