Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
windwaves

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Thunders wrote:Rumour is ( i think i read it on AMuS) that Honda is ready to bring a "tokened" Engine Upgrade to Hungary if the free 5th engine will be official. If not they will wait until Spa.

the only rumor I hear is the McL farting Honda engine .....

edu2703

When McLaren will be better? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ME4ME

Qualifying difference of fastest Mclaren car compared to pole time:

Spain: +3,646 %
Monaco: +2,657 %
Canada: +2,531 %
Austria: +3,332 % [wet, unfair comparison)
Britain: +2,939 %

So basically Mclaren made a good step forward after the Spanish GP relative to Mercedes, but then progress stalled. Austria was obviously rain effected. Today's small step backwards could potentially be caused by Mercedes being particulary fast round Silverstone. None the less there is a long long way ahead.

Personally I think Honda should not rush development and use engine tokens on unproven upgrades. This season is a write-off, so they should make sure they get the most bang for the buck for all tokens used. There are plenty of systems to be upgraded for "reliability purposes" i'd imagine.

PlatinumZealot

In q1 they were only 1.5 seconds off the pace on the same tyres as the mrecedes. Which is the closest i think they have been. I know merc has a higher engine mode for q3 but even then lets wait until we see the difference in race pace.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

damager21

ME4ME wrote:Qualifying difference of fastest Mclaren car compared to pole time:

Spain: +3,646 %
Monaco: +2,657 %
Canada: +2,531 %
Austria: +3,332 % [wet, unfair comparison)
Britain: +2,939 %

So basically Mclaren made a good step forward after the Spanish GP relative to Mercedes, but then progress stalled. Austria was obviously rain effected. Today's small step backwards could potentially be caused by Mercedes being particulary fast round Silverstone. None the less there is a long long way ahead.
I believe Honda has cut down its engine power further for this race to ensure both Alonso & Jenson finish the race. This is home grand prix for McLaren and they know that scoring points is not possible. They would not want to see another double DNF in front of home crowd. Also, they are better off getting additional mileage on all the new aero parts they introduced this weekend.

Jenson is already into his 5th engine while Alonso is using an old engine. I think Honda plans to use some tokens and introduce an upgraded engine at Spa or Monza. Till then they would not want to run a new engine.

Now that FIA has allowed one more free engine to Honda, if they were to blow one engine in this race they will be forced to use a penalty free engine next race which is not ideal. They will want to make the most of this penalty free engine by introducing it at Spa or Monza with a major upgrade. Till then, it will be about running current engine in Super safe mode and stretching its life for couple of race.

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:In q1 they were only 1.5 seconds off the pace on the same tyres as the mrecedes. Which is the closest i think they have been. I know merc has a higher engine mode for q3 but even then lets wait until we see the difference in race pace.
Didn't Mclaren use the medium tires while Merc only used the hards? (genuine question, I didn't pay attention :P )

Either way, in Q1 the top teams don't go as quick as they can, instead they go as quick as needed just to proceed to the next qualifying stage. I think it isn't very useful to compare Q1 times only.

roadie

The new message on the sidepods is pathetic.

'Don't drink and drive, but don't mind us while we advertise drinks whilst driving'

Andres125sx

roadie wrote:The new message on the sidepods is pathetic.

'Don't drink and drive, but don't mind us while we advertise drinks whilst driving'
You shouldn´t shave your beard while driving either, but nobody found any problem when Gillette became Mclaren sponsor

mclaren111

Not quite working as the well oiled machine of the old days:
The McLaren-Honda team have escaped a penalty for accidentally fitting one of Jenson Button’s tyres to the car of Fernando Alonso during qualifying for the British Grand Prix on Saturday.
Lets hope the race goes better :D [-o< [-o<

GoranF1

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:In q1 they were only 1.5 seconds off the pace on the same tyres as the mrecedes. Which is the closest i think they have been. I know merc has a higher engine mode for q3 but even then lets wait until we see the difference in race pace.
Didn't Mclaren use the medium tires while Merc only used the hards? (genuine question, I didn't pay attention :P )

Either way, in Q1 the top teams don't go as quick as they can, instead they go as quick as needed just to proceed to the next qualifying stage. I think it isn't very useful to compare Q1 times only.

the gap to Mercedes on the same tyre seem to be around 2.5 seconds.....but i think gap to all else is a bit smaller than before.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Samraj_official

is it possible for them to finish 5 or 6 th in constructors?

Javert

Samraj_official wrote:is it possible for them to finish 5 or 6 th in constructors?
No

Thunder

They should stop developing new Parts from now on. In Austria Fernando got thew Package and gets kicked out in Lap 1, now the same with Button. :wtf:

But at least Fernando finished the Race today and even scored a Point. =D>

I am really surprised Alonsos Car survived the Crash with Button, their Front suspension must be made for a Tank. ^^

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

a1b2i3r45

Thunders wrote:They should stop developing new Parts from now on. In Austria Fernando got thew Package and gets kicked out in Lap 1, now the same with Button. :wtf:

I am really surprised Alonsos Car survived the Crash with Button, their Front suspension must be made for a Tank. ^^

http://giant.gfycat.com/JadedUnconsciousFossa.gif
It seems alonso almost T-boned button. Did he make too much steering correction or was it because of the impact on the left rear with one of the (I assume) Lotus?

Andres125sx

a1b2i3r45 wrote:
Thunders wrote:They should stop developing new Parts from now on. In Austria Fernando got thew Package and gets kicked out in Lap 1, now the same with Button. :wtf:

http://giant.gfycat.com/JadedUnconsciousFossa.gif
It seems alonso almost T-boned button. Did he make too much steering correction or was it because of the impact on the left rear with one of the (I assume) Lotus?
I think he didn´t touch any Lotus, but when he saw their accident he was in the middle of the corner, so any correction, or simply releasing the throttle, caused an oversteer that sent him against his team mate. Really bad luck, specially for Button :x