Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Cuky

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

I believe that those vertical strakes McLaren has on top of the sidepod openings are doing what they want them to do with airflow so there is no need for horizontal winglets.

Thunder

Changes to the McLaren in Hungary. They size-zero'ed the Pitot Array. ^^

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/20749-techni ... est.html/4
http://en.f1i.com/magazine/20749-techni ... est.html/5
http://en.f1i.com/magazine/20749-techni ... est.html/6

And a nice Top View of the Car at one of the Pit Stops:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

trinidefender

People keep talking about how the rear bodywork on the McLaren got tighter. For Hungary I actually think it got generally bigger and the bulges are there to deal with the heat + lower speeds that was predicted for this race.

It is my Impression that the bulges are making it look like it is tighter than before.

DiogoBrand

trinidefender wrote:People keep talking about how the rear bodywork on the McLaren got tighter. For Hungary I actually think it got generally bigger and the bulges are there to deal with the heat + lower speeds that was predicted for this race.

It is my Impression that the bulges are making it look like it is tighter than before.
That may be true, and I've also seen those bulges before, when the car still had the chrome livery. Probably has something to do with heat, and I can't say I've noticed the bodywork getting tighter around those bulges.

michl420

I think the bodywork in hungary was lower and wider. And the bulge hides the mounting point of the gearbox/engine.

mclaren111

WTF ?

Thunder

It's just a bot, they appear once in a while. The Posts will be deleted and the account banned whenever a Mod / Admin sees the reports. Nothing to worry about as long as you don*t click on the Links.
#aerogollum

Abhi719

Someone kick that user out

Duke

A bit worrying the posts have been there all day and not been removed yet, especially as they could contain spyware infected sites.

PlatinumZealot

Thunders wrote:It's just a bot, they appear once in a while. The Posts will be deleted and the account banned whenever a Mod / Admin sees the reports. Nothing to worry about as long as you don*t click on the Links.
The Mods should move faster before he takes over the whole site.
Sigh.. Mods.. just when you need them eh?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Thunder

Agreed, it's a little weird that apparently none of the F1T Staff has visited the Site for a whole Day.
#aerogollum

hollus

They have now, that's why the storm has subsided. They are humans, have lives, have summer holidays, sleep in different time zones and, AFAIK, they are doing this for zilch pay. They do what they can.
Rivals, not enemies.

Thunder

I wasn't critisising the Team, but as a former Mod on 2 Forums i can say it IS weird that a Forum is left alone for almost 24hrs. That's all.
#aerogollum

Abarth

hollus wrote:They have now, [...].
Really? Can't see it...or better, this octaviosa is still spread all over the forum

Wazari

A quick summary of McLaren's aero changes throughout the season:

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-we ... p4-30.html
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro