DTM Spielberg 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
RZS10

DTM Spielberg 2015

Something interesting happened today in the DTM with Scheider pushing off Mercedes' main championship contender on command from the pits.

same from onboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... cUE#t=3813

That's really a new low for the DTM after Audi pulled out their cars from the Barcelona 2007 race after Mercedes took out several Audi drivers, after Audi did the same thing either in an earlier race or the same one...

Scheider himself claims he never got any command from his crew.

Ullrich trying to justify it by claiming that the two Merc drivers were playing games with Scheider https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIm-Fjp0Sfw

I have no clue what the rules say about such an incident but i presume there should be some very harsh punishment.

First race i watched in a long time and i got reminded why i stopped watching it in the first place :lol:

basti313

Re: DTM Spielberg 2015

Pffftttt....
Touring car sports was great when it was hard. Now we have carbon fiber parts flying around and media whining about fairness when someone gets touched...

The last two lap incident was nice to watch and had a funny ending. It started with Wickens blocking Scheider to get Wehrlein past a lap before. Nice teamwork, first executed badly, then hard. Then a small push with a surprising and quite funny ending.
Don`t russel the hamster!

McMrocks

Taking the championship leader out in that way.... wow i hope they get a hard penalty. But even if it hadn't been the championship leader it would have been a cheeky move.

RZS10

The last season i watched was when BMW joined and the cars were supposed to get more rigid so I agree on the "better with harder fights and more durable cars" part ... but it's a first that a driver was told to do something like that if i'm not mistaken.

The only logical consequence was Scheider being disqualified, which to no one's surprise happened.

He claimed he didn't do it on purpose and that the others were on the brakes really early, even asked everyone to check the telemetry - which was done by the stewards and clearly showed he did it, in fact, on purpose.

The DMSB (Germany's motor racing governing body) started an investigation for unsportsmanlike behaviour, not just against team Phoenix but also against Audi since the command came from Ullrich who blatantly lied in the PK that it wasn't him. =D>

ian_s

team radio messages like that are normally delayed aren't they? so that message could have been from a previous lap, in a completely different context. you don't hear the whole conversation, so its possible what was said was along the lines of "don't try to push him out"

rscsr

ian_s wrote:team radio messages like that are normally delayed aren't they? so that message could have been from a previous lap, in a completely different context. you don't hear the whole conversation, so its possible what was said was along the lines of "don't try to push him out"
DTM is showing them almost instantly. You can see it perfectly when they are rolling into starting position and telling them when to stop.
And in German you would say "Schieb ihn nicht raus". So it also can't be a wrongly timed button press.

Facts Only

As somebody who.competes in (low level) Motorsport all I can say is that either deliberately pushing someone off or deliberately telling your driver to push someone off is completely unnaceptable. If it is proved to be a team order that was willingly carried out by the driver then both team and driver should be barred from the championship end of.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

kaller

Let's be honest: At least in DTM that was Audi's way of winning championships for way too long. In the past they got away as they threatened to leave leaving only Merc in the series. Now with BMW, the tables have turned it seems.

DMSB decided Audi has to pay 200,000 Euro fine. All 62 points gained by Audi that weekend were taken from the team championship. Scheider is not allowed to take part in the next two races. And the best: Ullrich is neither allowed to participate in team radio nor enter the pit line until the end of the season. I sincerly hope this will put him out of business for good. This guy never understood sportsmanship and therefore does not belong in motorsports.